PDA

View Full Version : Escape!

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 04:08 PM
hi all, i need help some tricks to get a trailer off your tail... seems once somebody gets on my 6 iam screwed, i can try to run but i dont know any moves to try to get away... i have seen barrell rolls etc but dont know how to perform any moves...

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 04:08 PM
hi all, i need help some tricks to get a trailer off your tail... seems once somebody gets on my 6 iam screwed, i can try to run but i dont know any moves to try to get away... i have seen barrell rolls etc but dont know how to perform any moves...

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 04:30 PM
Hi!

hehee, you are not the only one having those type of problems .. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

here is my tip for ya.

it is caled split S , however you have to have some alt to
do it properly ..

when bogey is on your tail you try to lose him doing split S , roll over inverted and pull to the ground changing direction of your flight path for 180'.

you will grab alot of speed and have to watch not to kiss the ground /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

also it is good when you dogfight not to be bloodthrusty
and go belowe lets say 1500m blindly ....

ace's want follow you in your split S couse it los of energy ...they'l wait you up there

try practising

K.

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 05:41 PM
I find it extremely difficult to explain to any new flyer how to do any kind of evasive flight manouever except being inverted.

When I first started I read the manuals, looked in books and I still couldn`t get it. It wasn`t until I was shown it by a Squad Training Officer that it all suddenly clicked.

I`d advised getting in a squad as a trainee and getting a squad member to demonstrate. or d\l one of those trainee movies. I don`t remember where they are. Could be something on Wiley Coyote`s site?

Hey, wouldn`t it be nice if Oleg made a couple of two seater fighter for training purposes? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

Message Edited on 11/10/0304:42PM by SeaFireLIV

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 05:45 PM
As a last help, flying low over cities help. The framerate is always at its slowest when alot of ground objects are in close proximity also, your plane's cammo (unles bright red and yellow) will render nicely in the background of the city. But, this is ONLY when everything else, fails.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 05:59 PM
Platypus_1.JaVA wrote:
- As a last help, flying low over cities help. The
- framerate is always at its slowest when alot of
- ground objects are in close proximity also, your
- plane's cammo (unles bright red and yellow) will
- render nicely in the background of the city. But,
- this is ONLY when everything else, fails.

I`ve tried this tactic but not often. If you`re lucky your pursuer will take the bait and follow right behind and smash himself into a chimney.

If you face a seasoned flyer he`ll just fly high then come down on you with max E while you have none!

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

Message Edited on 11/10/0305:00PM by SeaFireLIV

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 05:46 PM
SeaFireLIV wrote:
- Platypus_1.JaVA wrote:
-- As a last help, flying low over cities help. The
-- framerate is always at its slowest when alot of
-- ground objects are in close proximity also, your
-- plane's cammo (unles bright red and yellow) will
-- render nicely in the background of the city. But,
-- this is ONLY when everything else, fails.
-
-
- I`ve tried this tactic but not often. If you`re
- lucky your pursuer will take the bait and follow
- right behind and smash himself into a chimney.
-
- If you face a seasoned flyer he`ll just fly high
- then come down on you with max E while you have
- none!
-

As a last desprate attempt, everything is woth a try. Like you are the FW-190 and you are really low on the deck. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif The idea is to becoming 'invissble' against the background of the city. You can also try forrests. A splintercammo with diffrent kinds of grey works best with this tactic.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 09:11 PM
JG26_Red wrote:

- hi all, i need help some tricks to get a trailer off
- your tail... seems once somebody gets on my 6 iam
- screwed, i can try to run but i dont know any moves
- to try to get away... i have seen barrell rolls etc
- but dont know how to perform any moves...
-
------------------------------------------------------------

To shake off an enemy is difficult even if he is a newbie.It depends on so many things altitude distance and what plane u and the enemy fly.

I'll give an example of one of the things i might do when flying a 109k4 and followed by a yak3 or La7 below 500 m.

If I have some distance between me and the bandit I try to keep the speed up heading for friendly lines and planes if they are near. If the bandit is alone and at proper distance I sometimes risk a hard turn to make a head on pass.

The best way of keeping the speed up is to avoid using the elevator so much and instead do fast and slower rolls.
In the roll u drop altitude a bit wich makes i a bit more difficult to target u. You can also make the roll inverted by pushing the stick forward and roll . this takes some practise bcause u dont want to overdo it and bleed speed.Even a slow roll can be enough to throw the enemy off aim and make him waste ammo.

If the bandit gets closer it becomes more dangerous. At this point I deploy combatflap so my turnradius gets better
and depending on what speed i think the enemy is going I plan what to do.

If he is closing fast I may cut throttle and make a hard breaking turn and quickly turn back. If I calculated corectly he overshoots and give me an opportunity to disengage and put distance between us again, or engage him
starting a scissoring fight, or trying to turn as hard as I
can to end up in some kind of head on pass.
Even if my speed is gone I'm quite good at hitting in difficult angles using my rudder to squeeze out the last bit of maneuverability from my stalling plane....so personally this is what I go for.

I think the most dangerous situation is when the bandit is 200-300m away at same speed, wich to me indicates he might be an ace and thus not fooled so easily.He will have the best circumstances to counteract my tricks and the only thing really to do is to be as agressive as u can and try to get him "closer" yes closer since its harder to counter a maneuver when close. (thats why team aerobatics is so difficult and dangerous) Try to mix maneuvers from jinking to bunting and pulling (=wavelike )everything u can think of.Dont give up when u are damaged bcause your enemy dont know if your windshield is covered with oil or that your ammo is gone. Try to win as much time as possible bcause he might do a misstake that turns the battle in favor of u, or some friendlies arrive and take over. Many things can happen before its over.

Well... these are some ideas that I adapted from others and with some modification has worked for me....they might work for u too?
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif