PDA

View Full Version : Holdable Emotes

Claudius_Katt
08-22-2017, 01:51 AM
Anyone else think it would be awesome to have emotes that repeat as long as you hold the emote button?
Imagine a Warlord bashing his shield rythmically over and over again or a Lawbringer bashing his poleaxe on the ground,
Would be epic!
Any chance of this in the future?

bmason1000
08-22-2017, 02:12 AM
Haha that sounds so incredibly irritating

Claudius_Katt
08-22-2017, 02:27 AM
Haha that sounds so incredibly irritating

Cant be any worse than emote spamming, lol.

Ianoneshot
08-22-2017, 03:08 AM
Would like a gladiator digging FFFOOORRREEEVVVEEERRR...

psyminion
08-22-2017, 03:18 AM
as a shugoki I would just sit down and pout everywhere.

I need this.

Claudius_Katt
08-22-2017, 04:17 AM
as a shugoki I would just sit down and pout everywhere.

I need this.

Lol, I can just see a Shugoki sitting cross legged, pouting away as he holds one of the points in Dominion, getting up only to give out free hugs.
Would be glorious.

psyminion
08-22-2017, 05:48 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHztL1SVYAAAPOD.jpg

Claudius_Katt
08-22-2017, 07:11 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/dhztl1svyaaapod.jpg

lmao!😂

Tyrjo
08-22-2017, 09:49 AM
I think this sounds like a really good idea.

Claudius_Katt
08-22-2017, 02:48 PM
I think this sounds like a really good idea.

Yeah there has been a few times I've been locked in a stand off with people sitting just beyond a captured point with neither of us ready to commit and I just felt the need to start bashing my shield or chest or stamping my Trident/Kanabo prepping for the coming fight.

I think it would be really cool.

I really like the others ideas above too of endlessly shovelling like some irritated groundskeeper that refuses to stop working or just sitting around the place pouting,
Would be hilarious if a Shinobi and Shugoki just sat somewhere together like they're meditating or something.

psyminion
08-23-2017, 07:38 PM
Yeah there has been a few times I've been locked in a stand off with people sitting just beyond a captured point with neither of us ready to commit and I just felt the need to start bashing my shield or chest or stamping my Trident/Kanabo prepping for the coming fight.

I think it would be really cool.

I really like the others ideas above too of endlessly shovelling like some irritated groundskeeper that refuses to stop working or just sitting around the place pouting,
Would be hilarious if a Shinobi and Shugoki just sat somewhere together like they're meditating or something.

so I was in a brawl match yesterday and after my team mate fell into some lava this happened.

true story
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH7zp_nUwAApfBz.jpg

this game doesn't dissapoint (as long as no disconnects)

UbiNoty
08-24-2017, 12:04 AM
I can pass along the suggestion! But , while some emotes look good being spammed, it's not the case with all of them. We'd probably have to pick at which point the emote animation is put on hold/repeat when you hold the button too.

Also, I think this could also introduce a potential obstacle to the afk-detection system so we'd have to think about how to keep that from possibly being abused if we were to make something like this happen. Just my thoughts!

RoosterIlluzion
08-24-2017, 12:47 AM
How about not doing this? Let's not turn it into some Disney, "let's play emote" game.

Claudius_Katt
08-24-2017, 08:41 AM
I can pass along the suggestion! But , while some emotes look good being spammed, it's not the case with all of them. We'd probably have to pick at which point the emote animation is put on hold/repeat when you hold the button too.

Also, I think this could also introduce a potential obstacle to the afk-detection system so we'd have to think about how to keep that from possibly being abused if we were to make something like this happen. Just my thoughts!

To be honest I didnt even think of the AFK system, would make it really hard to implement, perhaps best not to bother the team with it, AFK is working pretty well at present and I wouldnt want to see it busted.

There is somehing you could do though that would be great,
Sometimes the Gladiator bashes their chest with their shield as you walk and it looks amazing and very intimidating and I would love for a combat emote like that,
Can you ask the team real nice for me if theres any chance of that becoming an official emote!

Claudius_Katt
08-24-2017, 08:45 AM
so I was in a brawl match yesterday and after my team mate fell into some lava this happened.

true story
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH7zp_nUwAApfBz.jpg

this game doesn't dissapoint (as long as no disconnects)

This is glorious,
The Samurai may not be in the best position balance wise at the moment but their emote game never fails to impress😂

UbiNoty
08-25-2017, 01:10 AM
To be honest I didnt even think of the AFK system, would make it really hard to implement, perhaps best not to bother the team with it, AFK is working pretty well at present and I wouldnt want to see it busted.

There is somehing you could do though that would be great,
Sometimes the Gladiator bashes their chest with their shield as you walk and it looks amazing and very intimidating and I would love for a combat emote like that,
Can you ask the team real nice for me if theres any chance of that becoming an official emote!

Even if it's not in their plans, I'll bring it up as a suggestion!

Claudius_Katt
08-25-2017, 01:12 AM
Even if it's not in their plans, I'll bring it up as a suggestion!

You're truly a legend UbiNoty.

SwellChemosabe
08-25-2017, 02:39 AM
this sounds good, but I'm still waiting on those team emotes. Wouldn't mind head-butting a fellow HL after a successful match

Claudius_Katt
08-25-2017, 04:24 AM
this sounds good, but I'm still waiting on those team emotes. Wouldn't mind head-butting a fellow HL after a successful match

Team emotes would be epic!