PDA

View Full Version : Unparryable highlander??

zaebal0
08-22-2017, 12:36 AM
I try to parry him , 99% trys = fail Is he unpatryable?

kweassa1
08-22-2017, 12:42 AM
..need more info, dude... which attack? what form? suspicion of unlock abuse? MA? unblockables?

Give us a vid.

UbiJurassic
08-22-2017, 01:20 AM
As kweassa1, players can better assist you if you can provide us more context regarding the situation. Detailing it as best as you can or providing us with gameplay will allow us to better help you. :)

Sneaky-Patches
08-22-2017, 01:41 AM
I've noticed a lot more people on console doing that wired unlock exploit thing, and it makes their attacks unparryable, I hope that gets fixed soon.

Also, on PS4, because of lag and timesnaps removal, highlander always gets a second guaranteed hit when the first lands, whereas on PC apparently this doesn't happen. This is what is also leading to many feeling they are left in "recovery frames" for way longer after this update. Some players like cent can spam you and you can't even raise you guard.

S0Mi_xD
08-22-2017, 01:46 AM
I've noticed a lot more people on console doing that wired unlock exploit thing, and it makes their attacks unparryable, I hope that gets fixed soon.

Also, on PS4, because of lag and timesnaps removal, highlander always gets a second guaranteed hit when the first lands, whereas on PC apparently this doesn't happen. This is what is also leading to many feeling they are left in "recovery frames" for way longer after this update. Some players like cent can spam you and you can't even raise you guard.

The second heavy after you get hit is blockable and parrieable, but you can't dodge it - i really doubt it, that it is because of timesnaps it's just recovery time and the chain heavy is pretty fast. (playing on ps4)

kweassa1
08-22-2017, 02:20 AM
...don't tell me he's still arguing assassins can't block 2nd heavy hit from highlander...:rolleyes:

Alustar.
08-22-2017, 03:22 AM
lol seriously. Assassin classes should have the easiest time with Highlander, get in close and light spam him, unless he can keep range even trading hits is risky because his heavy start ups are slow enough you can slap him out of it.
Crushing counter is only really a threat against heavies and predictable light spammers right now till people get the hang of timing.
I can speak from personal experience though, it's not at all difficult to get a parry if you don't just freak out.

Sneaky-Patches
08-22-2017, 03:27 AM
...don't tell me he's still arguing assassins can't block 2nd heavy hit from highlander...:rolleyes:

I know they are meant to, but currently many are having issues with their guard stance, potentially a stunlock bug that may be due to timesnap removal or something else... also many on the PS4 pro are experiencing issues that the rest of the console community aren't, such as an input lag controller bug, and weird performance worse than the standard PS4.

Many have provided evidence in a thread that was floating around here recently: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1728290-Massive-input-lag-amp-issues-since-update

Many bugs are still being discovered on a daily basis, please don't be so quick to dismiss others issues.

Tobias96716
08-22-2017, 03:59 AM
Yup with Gladiator on ps pro i get stuck in what i like to call "stagger dance" unable to defend myself at all......

Depressd_Cent
08-22-2017, 04:26 AM
you can parry the highlander, its just the timing you have to get used to now

Tyrjo
08-22-2017, 09:36 AM
When I play the Highlander I get parried all the time. He has really slow attacks.

zaebal0
08-22-2017, 03:37 PM
I explain : When i play im always check the attacks "red arrow" to parry that. And i do it with almost all characters (exept ninja , but i think he just to fast , and im ok with that.) But when i see highlander - i know , i CANT parry anything from him. He is SLOW and each time i trying to parry - it fails. Especialy the shoulder top attack.

S0Mi_xD
08-22-2017, 04:14 PM
As long there is no exploit, there is no unparrieable attack he has

Alustar.
08-22-2017, 04:45 PM
I explain : When i play im always check the attacks "red arrow" to parry that. And i do it with almost all characters (exept ninja , but i think he just to fast , and im ok with that.) But when i see highlander - i know , i CANT parry anything from him. He is SLOW and each time i trying to parry - it fails. Especialy the shoulder top attack.

My advice would be to fight a friend in a custom match with no damage values to get the timing g down. That's what it sounds like you are suffering from.
If you could record an instance of parries against the HL so others can help you find the root error more effectively.
Also it's important to note that HL is deceptively slow, his DS heavies are rough to parry right now because the timing is different versus other heros, then suddenly he hits with an OS unblockable that whips around faster than his DS hit.