PDA

View Full Version : Hyper armor

ShortFuse205
08-21-2017, 09:32 PM
Imo there is way too much hyper armor in this game..berserkers can just pound away. Highlander can spam attack with little consequences..its irritating because people think they're good when all that's happening is that they're getting basically free attacks with little consequence. You pretty much have to parry everything they do to stand a chance

S0Mi_xD
08-21-2017, 09:41 PM
Are you joking?

Little consequences? So trading dmg is a small consequence?
Those are no free attacks - being hit by a head butt and getting a safe light. That's a "nearly" free hit.
With hyperarmor you acutally need to time it well, or lure your enemy into an attack or action to have them open or to TRADE dmg = you get dmg and he gets dmg ( most of the time it is the same amount)
It's compareable to a draw ....
Thats high risk - high reward

ShortFuse205
08-21-2017, 09:47 PM
Not joking. And no it's not an equal trade in damage when they can keep attacking and I get staggered

NPG_Opie
08-21-2017, 10:30 PM
It's all situational with exception to hl but he's so slow that if he attacks after you start yours, light attack at least, you'll interrupt him. Zerker has to hit 3 times before his even starts and you can avoid all of these with a parry. If you're having trouble practice feinting into a parry. I don't agree I think the hyper armor is fine as is. But I can see where it gets annoying if you haven't figured out how to counter it.

Alustar.
08-21-2017, 11:18 PM
It's all situational with exception to hl but he's so slow that if he attacks after you start yours, light attack at least, you'll interrupt him. Zerker has to hit 3 times before his even starts and you can avoid all of these with a parry. If you're having trouble practice feinting into a parry. I don't agree I think the hyper armor is fine as is. But I can see where it gets annoying if you haven't figured out how to counter it.

Actually he doesn't, that's only if you try to go from static stance to combo. Zerk has an overhead I do believe with superior guard properties. Additionally he has much better stamina management.
I've played through 16 reps as peacekeeper and suffered uninterruptible moves this entire time. And from my seat, it is in fact a tit for tat risk/reward and honestly Zerk is the only one with near unlimited use of hyper armor. It just takes a LOT of skill to use effectively. Again, risk reward

bmason1000
08-21-2017, 11:52 PM
Actually he doesn't, that's only if you try to go from static stance to combo. Zerk has an overhead I do believe with superior guard properties. Additionally he has much better stamina management.
I've played through 16 reps as peacekeeper and suffered uninterruptible moves this entire time. And from my seat, it is in fact a tit for tat risk/reward and honestly Zerk is the only one with near unlimited use of hyper armor. It just takes a LOT of skill to use effectively. Again, risk reward
Forward dash attacks, light and heavy which are also both top attacks, have hyper armor. Otherwise its actually the second attack, not third.

UbiJurassic
08-22-2017, 12:53 AM
Hyper armor can definitely be potent in the right hands. Mixing up your attacks with feints can definitely help in luring out those hyper armor moves so you can position yourself to parry it and counterattack.