PDA

View Full Version : Stop. Putting. Me. In. Games. That. Are. Over.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-21-2017, 11:24 AM
3 times in a row I have been put into matches that have not only already started but they are already pretty much lost.

People have left and the score has been stacked to one side and then you plop me down in the middle of the match like I am supposed to do something about it.

Just got into a match that had my team 500 points down and that was WITH us having an objective.

LET US TURN OFF JOIN IN PROGRESS

EDIT: And before someone says it yes I understand matches like that can be brought back. The point is that I am sick and tired of being put into matches that I have to fight from behind as soon as I get in the match.

Belphegorn
08-21-2017, 01:27 PM
I don't know about Dominion but you can set something like "don't join ongoing matches" in Elimination mode by pressing X to go into options while the game is being searched for and then A to toggle this function (uisng XBox pad).

CoyoteXStarrk
08-21-2017, 01:37 PM
I don't know about Dominion but you can set something like "don't join ongoing matches" in Elimination mode by pressing X to go into options while the game is being searched for and then A to toggle this function (uisng XBox pad).

if there is a way to do that in dominion I WANT TO KNOW

Because dominion is the ONLY game mode worth playing seeing as the other modes are littered with almost nothing but people who have no life.

T_Sesh
08-21-2017, 02:57 PM
3 times in a row I have been put into matches that have not only already started but they are already pretty much lost.

People have left and the score has been stacked to one side and then you plop me down in the middle of the match like I am supposed to do something about it.

Just got into a match that had my team 500 points down and that was WITH us having an objective.

LET US TURN OFF JOIN IN PROGRESS

EDIT: And before someone says it yes I understand matches like that can be brought back. The point is that I am sick and tired of being put into matches that I have to fight from behind as soon as I get in the match.

The problem with this is that then reduces the amount of people that fill in the slots on matches that aren't full. Basically as soon as one person leaves or disconnects from a match, that team is stuck with a worthless bot for the rest of the match, and we can't have that either.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-21-2017, 03:03 PM
The problem with this is that then reduces the amount of people that fill in the slots on matches that aren't full. Basically as soon as one person leaves or disconnects from a match, that team is stuck with a worthless bot for the rest of the match, and we can't have that either.

Then sucks for that team.

I would rather bite the bullet and have a Bot on my team than subject a player who had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MATCH I'M IN have to suffer a loss that they did not earn.

I am not so selfish to think that random players should be subjected to losses they didn't earn and in my opinion people who think they SHOULD be subjected to such losses are selfish and lacking in perspective.

AnEnticingSquid
08-21-2017, 05:09 PM
If they added a lvl 3 bot, I wouldn't even be mad... it would be about as good as an average player anyway... the only difference is bots listen when you put down a beaken...

DoctorMcBatman
08-21-2017, 06:06 PM
This happens to me on occasion. Maybe 1 out 4 already started games I join I'd say are already determined. The bigger issue IMO, is the game's failure to fill in bot spots despite "Very High Activity." Literally played a series of games the other night where the enemy team had the same 2 players like 3 games in a row. You can't find TWO players to fill those spots For Honor?!

And I am talking about Dominion.

The_B0G_
08-21-2017, 06:12 PM
This has been happening more and more to me lately as well, i joined one last night I was playing and the score was 650-30 for the other team. We got the score to about 1000-850 before we broke and got beat, when I joined it was all bots and players slowly joined in.

We would have won if we didn't get a huge disadvantage at the beginning.

psyminion
08-21-2017, 06:51 PM
not gonna lie, I'd much rather be put in a game (losing or not) over matchmaking errors and 'session you are joining is full' errors.

usually when a situation like what OP described happens to me, I'll take the 'L', try not to die more than I kill, and hope the game is full (of new players) for the next match. not to mention at the end of said pounding I still get xp and loot, instead of choosing to make my time spent matchmaking literally worthless.

so I respectfully disagree with OP and quite like the way it is.

T_Sesh
08-21-2017, 09:47 PM
Then sucks for that team.

I would rather bite the bullet and have a Bot on my team than subject a player who had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MATCH I'M IN have to suffer a loss that they did not earn.

I am not so selfish to think that random players should be subjected to losses they didn't earn and in my opinion people who think they SHOULD be subjected to such losses are selfish and lacking in perspective.

Thing is, players will drop out of nearly every single match. Almost every single one. That means that the match would then be decided by who has someone drop first. That sucks far worse than ending up in a match that appears to be a landslide. Those players who think they can't bring out a win can leave in the first 30 seconds they join in. so its on them if they stick around and lose. The match making only allows players to drop in within something like the first 1:30-2 minutes of the match anyway, which with most matches lasting 10 minutes or so, should be plenty of time for a competent team to make a comeback, which I have seen done plenty of times.