PDA

View Full Version : Please slow the light attacks on console

A4einboy
08-20-2017, 09:02 PM
I know you guys will be doing a workshop soon and it would be great for the devs to ask the pros what they think about the game on console . Please you devs gotta do something about the light attacks they are not reactable you have to guess where there going to come from . I want to play the same game as the pc version all im asking is just try and see the differnce . I wanna play competivly but its not competive on console . Comunity manger just try and ask any pc streamer if theres a differnce

Linnix1
08-20-2017, 09:15 PM
We don't need that cancerous defense meta that PC is suffering through

UbiJurassic
08-21-2017, 12:00 AM
We've had people ask for separate balancing for consoles and have gotten that to the team for their consideration. At this time though, there's no immediate plans to balance them separately. We'll be sure to let players know if that changes.

AnEnticingSquid
08-21-2017, 12:04 AM
We've had people ask for separate balancing for consoles and have gotten that to the team for their consideration. At this time though, there's no immediate plans to balance them separately. We'll be sure to let players know if that changes.

It definitely should. They mise well be different games. Hence why on console very few people complain about turtling. You take the smallest demographic of players and hold their concern over the largest despite consoles being the sole reason this game is still relevant. Pc is pretty much a lost cause for this game. Consoles are the only way forward. I don't want to see this game dies so please heed the cries of the majority over the minority...

UbiJurassic
08-21-2017, 12:06 AM
It definitely should. They mise well be different games. Hence why on console very few people complain about turtling. You take the smallest demographic of players and hold their concern over the largest despite consoles being the sole reason this game is still relevant. Pc is pretty much a lost cause for this game. Consoles are the only way forward. I don't want to see this game dies so please heed the cries of the majority over the minority...

We'll definitely keep forwarding the feedback and letting them know there is demand for separate balancing. ;)

Othiion
08-21-2017, 12:10 AM
I don't think slowing down the lights would be a good idea for console, I mean would you really want them slowed down to the point to where you'd get parried almost every attack you throw out?

Herbstlicht
08-21-2017, 12:54 AM
Most console people react to indicators. those mostly start later then animations - i think. So it would help to ads an option that
#1 might let you adjust the "lag" after when the indicators appear (like standart would be 50 ms delayed, reduced to say 10 ms so that people on tvs are more in line with people on monitors.
#2 increase the parry indicator by a frame - at 30 fps sometimes he seems invisible.

That_guy44
08-21-2017, 01:43 AM
I don't think the speed of the attacks are the issue. The indicators are too slow imo. The attacks are already mid swing once you even get a glimpse of red. For heavies, the indicator pops up before your opponent even releases the attack. Indicators on light attacks only help me if I just want to block. Most of the time I just focus on the characters animations to parry light spam. Oh and flicker zones definitely don't help. Eyes on you, Orochi

Anilman92
08-21-2017, 02:46 AM
I played for honor on pc
Lg b7
1080p 120hz and 240fps(vsync fast)

And on console
Xbox one s same tv

On pc i see gb and light attacks very early.
on console you just guesing on heros like shinobi

Light attacks on pc feel like heavy on console shinobi i never blocked 1 attack since release.

I just gues where he attacks me next and try to parry his light(with luck)

Centurion heavy faint gb also i cant react on.
If i gues right i can cgb but never on visual reacting to gb.

I play 4vs4 most time

Sometimes you get hit instant before the animation is done.this happend few times since patch.

There is a gap betwen console and pc.
i think you only play console vs console from room to room to test the lag....

Let the idicators refresh faster or add additional lag.
It is to fast on console thats why people ask you to fix this.

I think dedicated server will help.
Some problems here are because of weak cpu on console...
As host you have an advantage against client
Animation are much shorter on console!

Kaijudub
08-21-2017, 10:04 AM
It's almost unplayable since the time snap removal. But they ignore us on that too.

It's still beyond me why they'd remove "the onyl thing" in place to compensate for lag. It basically rewards the person with the worst connection.

As per usual, GG ubisoft.

Knight_Raime
08-21-2017, 10:59 AM
No thank you. I already parry people pretty easily on their spammed light attacks. I don't want the game easier.
The only 2 characters I struggle with parrying lights on at all are pk and valk. and i'm getting better day by day at dealing with those.

It's deff possible to react to and parry any attack on console. anyone who says it's not is just covering for their poor skill as a player.

Vonnivek
08-21-2017, 11:40 AM
No thank you. I already parry people pretty easily on their spammed light attacks. I don't want the game easier.
The only 2 characters I struggle with parrying lights on at all are pk and valk. and i'm getting better day by day at dealing with those.

It's deff possible to react to and parry any attack on console. anyone who says it's not is just covering for their poor skill as a player.

If you really parry light so easily on console as you claimed,
I think you are at the top level on console,
your duel win rate should >80% I guess?
usually if my opponents are good at parry light, their win rate is over 75%

Kaijudub
08-21-2017, 12:03 PM

He's talking out of his ***, raw lights on console are near on impossible to parry consistantly in an online situation. The difference between online and off line play in this game is off the chain.

lMoosel
08-21-2017, 12:40 PM
He's talking out of his ***, raw lights on console are near on impossible to parry consistantly in an online situation. The difference between online and off line play in this game is off the chain.

Don't use what he said as an excuse for your lack of skill. I'm on Xbox and I can consistently perry lights. Pks, warden top lights, orochi top lights. It's reaction but also reading and predicting. Parried a warden zone the other day and I think I took the mans soul with it.

Kaijudub
08-21-2017, 12:49 PM
Don't use what he said as an excuse for your lack of skill. I'm on Xbox and I can consistently perry lights. Pks, warden top lights, orochi top lights. It's reaction but also reading and predicting. Parried a warden zone the other day and I think I took the mans soul with it.

lol ok dude, you parried that zone because you tried to zone or heavy at the same time.

#justsayin.

lMoosel
08-21-2017, 12:53 PM
No, I know how to read and pattern an opponent.

Kaijudub
08-21-2017, 12:56 PM

Lol of course you did.

So you've parried one zone in how many hours of gameplay?? And you think thats consistent?

Vonnivek
08-21-2017, 01:02 PM

I can sometimes predict orochi's zone and parry that, but I won't call it consistent
maybe you can really consistently parry PK's light, warden's top light...etc
then you have very good reaction and prediction
so your skill level is not only above average but at top

Kaijudub
08-21-2017, 01:12 PM
I can sometimes predict orochi's zone and parry that, but I won't call it consistent
maybe you can really consistently parry PK's light, warden's top light...etc
then you have very good reaction and prediction
so your skill level is not only above average but at top

I'll still stand by my comment, I've put many many hours into this game and have an average of 227 ms reaction speed. IT's just not possible, hence why the defensive meta hasn't really hit the console as hard as the PC.

Moondyne_MC
08-21-2017, 03:08 PM
I would sincerely love just a teensy bit more reaction time with the indicators on console for Assassin lights.

Orochi sides are fine, but on console essentially have a 50/50 between top lights and zone (both reactable, but fairly difficult for the average person to do with consistency) but the other 3 (not including Gladiator yet as most people are using the full kits) have resorted to using single lights and reaction dodge attacks when provoking an attack from the enemy almost exclusively in my experience.

Zerker, PK, Shinobi lights are all extremely hard to consistently react to on console if that's all they choose to attack with. There's no attack you can use to interrupt their lights (unless you have a 500ms or lower light yourself) which pretty much leaves you with attempting to block and parry, which will usually get you more damaged than they will.

AnEnticingSquid
08-21-2017, 05:06 PM
Anyone who says they can reliably parry shinobis lights on reaction on xbox is full of ****... It comes out so fast your human brain can't process information that fast. Is it impossible? No. I have done it many times. But it was only ever on prediction and never reaction.

A4einboy
08-21-2017, 05:18 PM
Anyone who says they can reliably parry shinobis lights on reaction on xbox is full of ****... It comes out so fast your human brain can't process information that fast. Is it impossible? No. I have done it many times. But it was only ever on prediction and never reaction.

ive asked many pc streamers and they say the same thing that the lights on console are way to fast. i really want to play deuls on ps4 but just cant because its the same thing valk spamming lights pk spamming lights and pk can kill by just spamming lights until she runs out of stamnia then she can easly dash to safty kensi spams lights and oh lets not forget nabushi spamming bleed lights and unlock zones on console are crazy . im just tierd of playing dominion and i would like to play some deuls i think i could be one of the best if i could see the lights.

DoctorMcBatman
08-21-2017, 06:13 PM
I've played a bit on console, mostly on PC. I can't say that I've noticed a difference (really only played an hour or so on console), BUT I would say it is easier to block on console. All you have to do is move your thumb and a toggle stick. On PC, you have to move your entire hand a certain distance. So it would make sense to me that attacks are a bit quicker on console, to compensate for the difference in human-response time.

Vonnivek
08-21-2017, 06:54 PM
ive asked many pc streamers and they say the same thing that the lights on console are way to fast. i really want to play deuls on ps4 but just cant because its the same thing valk spamming lights pk spamming lights and pk can kill by just spamming lights until she runs out of stamnia then she can easly dash to safty kensi spams lights and oh lets not forget nabushi spamming bleed lights and unlock zones on console are crazy . im just tierd of playing dominion and i would like to play some deuls i think i could be one of the best if i could see the lights.

I also play on ps4, I still have fun when play duel
not all people play PK and spam light, or play Warlord spam headbutt, or Warden spam SB
but I know the frustration, especially if there is a little lag issue between,
it will be very hard to counter

but I think if only spam light won't make they win,
I also try PK and Valk sometimes, and I often get rekt
it's not as easy as I thought that just spamming light can win the game

also I've fought plenty of PK and Valk that only spam light, which is easy to counter because they are predictable
however, if they have more skill and know not to be predictable, then it will be a hard match

brashtralas
08-21-2017, 07:09 PM
We're going to need a ruler in here for all the pro players showing up to measure and compare.

Knight_Raime
08-21-2017, 11:53 PM

No. my win rate I believe last time I checked was in the 67-73% range.
For clarification purposes when I say I can parry lights consistently I don't mean I parry every light I see.
I'm saying when I choose to attempt to parry a light I get it about 75-80% of the time. depending on what character i'm playing.
And there are some attacks that I don't think you can react to. I just think saying you have to guess on all light attacks on console is a hyperbolic statement.

Yeah sure. Because it's totally impossible for someone to have better reaction then you. Try playing on a monitor with good response time. You'll experience exactly what I experience. Your setup as a console player has a massive impact on what you can/can't deal with. Blaming the console because it's 30fps is just a crutch argument. If you're person with decent to pretty good reaction times and you switch to a monitor with a good response time and a wired controller you massively cut down on the input delay both in what you put out and what you see happening.

brashtralas
08-22-2017, 12:26 AM
There you have it, everyone! If you want to be able to react on console, just sacrifice your tv(you know, the reason you play on console) and hook up a monitor!

No monitor? Go buy one! So quit whining and get to buying!

I really don't care if they change anything, but that has to be the worst argument I've seen. And to call it a crutch? Hahahahahaha

Knight_Raime
08-22-2017, 12:36 AM
There you have it, everyone! If you want to be able to react on console, just sacrifice your tv(you know, the reason you play on console) and hook up a monitor!

No monitor? Go buy one! So quit whining and get to buying!

I really don't care if they change anything, but that has to be the worst argument I've seen. And to call it a crutch? Hahahahahaha

Actually it isn't. Most people who choose to play competitively on console. (or at least those who choose to take a game more seriously by investing more time in it) have been upgrading their setup for many years. Just as PC people do. So if people want to improve their performance in a big way going out and buying gaming equipment is part of that. Also getting a monitor that has a decent refresh rate isn't expensive at all. 100-150$ USD tops. Considering consoles these days go for 400-500$ USD that's not a lot.

Also before I even used a monitor I played on my old LCD tv. (still do for most games and for honor until I can get another monitor) and I still react to most attacks just fine. It was only when I switched to using a monitor for a few hours that I was able to start handling pk lights and valk lights (my problem areas) a lot more. I still can now even when playing on my old LCD tv. Though it's a bit rough still.

30fps is a crutch argument because frames for the most part are not as important as inpug delay or response time. If you have 60 fps yes. You can see attacks "better" but if your tv is still slow on response time you still will struggle reacting to it. Versus using something that has a good response time. But keep trolling kid. You're not impressing anyone.

brashtralas
08-22-2017, 03:27 AM
Actually it isn't. Most people who choose to play competitively on console. (or at least those who choose to take a game more seriously by investing more time in it) have been upgrading their setup for many years. Just as PC people do. So if people want to improve their performance in a big way going out and buying gaming equipment is part of that. Also getting a monitor that has a decent refresh rate isn't expensive at all. 100-150$ USD tops. Considering consoles these days go for 400-500$ USD that's not a lot.

Also before I even used a monitor I played on my old LCD tv. (still do for most games and for honor until I can get another monitor) and I still react to most attacks just fine. It was only when I switched to using a monitor for a few hours that I was able to start handling pk lights and valk lights (my problem areas) a lot more. I still can now even when playing on my old LCD tv. Though it's a bit rough still.

30fps is a crutch argument because frames for the most part are not as important as inpug delay or response time. If you have 60 fps yes. You can see attacks "better" but if your tv is still slow on response time you still will struggle reacting to it. Versus using something that has a good response time. But keep trolling kid. You're not impressing anyone.

Here's a better way:

BUY A PC.

I have a high end pc, PS4, and X1. If I want to play console, it's on a big screen tv.

I'm not the one trolling, you are. I challenge anyone to deny that. You sound utterly ridiculous.

I have very good reaction time and seriously DO NOT CARE if they change anything for console, since I really don't want the turtle meta. But you're being completely insane by suggesting that the solution to input and frame delay is to go out and buy a monitor and stop playing on a tv.

And don't call me a kid, it looks bad for you. It shows that you actually don't have an argument.

Knight_Raime
08-22-2017, 05:29 AM
Here's a better way:

BUY A PC.

I have a high end pc, PS4, and X1. If I want to play console, it's on a big screen tv.

I'm not the one trolling, you are. I challenge anyone to deny that. You sound utterly ridiculous.

I have very good reaction time and seriously DO NOT CARE if they change anything for console, since I really don't want the turtle meta. But you're being completely insane by suggesting that the solution to input and frame delay is to go out and buy a monitor and stop playing on a tv.

And don't call me a kid, it looks bad for you. It shows that you actually don't have an argument.

~ "And don't call me a kid" If you don't want to be treated like one I'd suggest you actually try to give counter points instead of ducking my original points and posting the verbal equivalent of a middle schooler pointing and laughing at someone.

~ "It shows that you actually don't have an argument." The irony is palpable. In 2 replies you've done nothing in the way of disproving anything i've posted. Only insulted it.

~ "I have very good reaction time and seriously DO NOT CARE if they change anything for console." Then why even post in the thread at all? Because if i'm to believe you at your word then the only conclusion I can come to is you came to argue for the sake of arguing. If my original reply was literally so bad that it just forced you to reply you could have at least posted good counter points on why you didn't think my stance was an okay one. Instead you chose to act childish and ignore pretty much every single point i've made in both my original reply and the one you just quoted.

~ "BUY A PC." How exactly is that a better way? Getting a gaming monitor is cheaper than buying a pc easily. And as i've already pointed out having a better response time is far more important that higher fps or resolution in this situation. Care to try and disprove that? The continued tangent of this basically implies that all console bound players are inherently casual. And if they seek to play competitively they are better off playing pc. It doesn't have to be that way. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a competitive setup for a console. Fighter games are actually pretty good on console. If we were arguing FPS games it might be a different story.

~ "the solution to input and frame delay is to go out and buy a monitor and stop playing on a tv." You didn't explain why it was insane. You just insulted me and left it at that. It's obviously not insane from a price standpoint because a decent gaming monitor is cheap PLUS you suggested getting a pc instead. Which is far more expensive than my "solution" yet that's not insane? Lets not forget that the PC base for this game is pretty small. So going and buying into it at the moment probably isn't a smart investment. You didn't point out how my talks of response time was insane either. You're literally just going "hurr durr he said go buy something to do better. Bad person. very bad." As I already pointed out competitive console gamers have better setups. That's 100% normal. You may not like it or maybe even find it silly. But that doesn't change the legitimacy of the suggestion one bit. Finally. I'm not suggesting that by swapping tv to monitor that you'll suddenly become a god. I specifically stated that if you're a decent to good player looking to see a major improvement in your gameplay getting better equipment will help. Which is true. Even if you were on PC. That's why PC competitive rigs are pretty up there in price.

Considering you didn't debunk anything I said or attempted any meaningful counterpoint to any of my posts from an outside perspective you'd be the one trolling. You kind of put a nail in the coffin once you admitted to not caring about the topic at hand. So I really shouldn't be taking any debate advice from you.

Tyrjo
08-22-2017, 09:52 AM
Why does everyone think that just because you play on PS4 you don't have a gaming PC? I knew the community and PC would be smaller compared to consoles, I knew it was much easier to hack on PC. I chose PS4 so I can sit comfortably in my sofa playing on my 55'' OLED.

60FPS is not a problem for the PS4 Pro. It's the older PS4 and Xbone that is holding the game back unfortunately.

SlashingElbow
08-22-2017, 01:11 PM
i dont understand you guys. I never have problems opening anyone up or anyone turtling. Its so many ways to win in this game and it sucks so bad you guys are taking away more and more ways to attack because you are to frustrated to get good. I think the game is great at xbox like it is.

brashtralas
08-22-2017, 03:09 PM
~ "And don't call me a kid" If you don't want to be treated like one I'd suggest you actually try to give counter points instead of ducking my original points and posting the verbal equivalent of a middle schooler pointing and laughing at someone.

~ "It shows that you actually don't have an argument." The irony is palpable. In 2 replies you've done nothing in the way of disproving anything i've posted. Only insulted it.

~ "I have very good reaction time and seriously DO NOT CARE if they change anything for console." Then why even post in the thread at all? Because if i'm to believe you at your word then the only conclusion I can come to is you came to argue for the sake of arguing. If my original reply was literally so bad that it just forced you to reply you could have at least posted good counter points on why you didn't think my stance was an okay one. Instead you chose to act childish and ignore pretty much every single point i've made in both my original reply and the one you just quoted.

~ "BUY A PC." How exactly is that a better way? Getting a gaming monitor is cheaper than buying a pc easily. And as i've already pointed out having a better response time is far more important that higher fps or resolution in this situation. Care to try and disprove that? The continued tangent of this basically implies that all console bound players are inherently casual. And if they seek to play competitively they are better off playing pc. It doesn't have to be that way. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a competitive setup for a console. Fighter games are actually pretty good on console. If we were arguing FPS games it might be a different story.

~ "the solution to input and frame delay is to go out and buy a monitor and stop playing on a tv." You didn't explain why it was insane. You just insulted me and left it at that. It's obviously not insane from a price standpoint because a decent gaming monitor is cheap PLUS you suggested getting a pc instead. Which is far more expensive than my "solution" yet that's not insane? Lets not forget that the PC base for this game is pretty small. So going and buying into it at the moment probably isn't a smart investment. You didn't point out how my talks of response time was insane either. You're literally just going "hurr durr he said go buy something to do better. Bad person. very bad." As I already pointed out competitive console gamers have better setups. That's 100% normal. You may not like it or maybe even find it silly. But that doesn't change the legitimacy of the suggestion one bit. Finally. I'm not suggesting that by swapping tv to monitor that you'll suddenly become a god. I specifically stated that if you're a decent to good player looking to see a major improvement in your gameplay getting better equipment will help. Which is true. Even if you were on PC. That's why PC competitive rigs are pretty up there in price.

Considering you didn't debunk anything I said or attempted any meaningful counterpoint to any of my posts from an outside perspective you'd be the one trolling. You kind of put a nail in the coffin once you admitted to not caring about the topic at hand. So I really shouldn't be taking any debate advice from you.

You're being ridiculous, that's why I replied. It's not up to the customer to go out of their way and change their whole console setup just to gain a little bit faster reaction time.

Let's say the game has a slight difference in programming between pc and console, causing a network issue that can only be solved by going out and purchasing a $300 gaming router. If you don't, you will forever be 100-200ms behind people that do.

Would you be advocating for people to quit being lazy and go out and buy one, or would you say maybe Ubisoft should fix that?

I'm not skirting your point, you simply don't have one.

brashtralas
08-22-2017, 03:11 PM
i dont understand you guys. I never have problems opening anyone up or anyone turtling. Its so many ways to win in this game and it sucks so bad you guys are taking away more and more ways to attack because you are to frustrated to get good. I think the game is great at xbox like it is.

Aside from the weird bug I've experienced since the update where my guy stays staggered while people murder me, I agree. I don't want staring contests on console.

Why does everyone think that just because you play on PS4 you don't have a gaming PC? I knew the community and PC would be smaller compared to consoles, I knew it was much easier to hack on PC. I chose PS4 so I can sit comfortably in my sofa playing on my 55'' OLED.

60FPS is not a problem for the PS4 Pro. It's the older PS4 and Xbone that is holding the game back unfortunately.

Agreed. If I want to play on a monitor a would have purchased the game for pc. As you said, too many cheaters.

Knight_Raime
08-22-2017, 06:38 PM
You're being ridiculous, that's why I replied. It's not up to the customer to go out of their way and change their whole console setup just to gain a little bit faster reaction time.

Let's say the game has a slight difference in programming between pc and console, causing a network issue that can only be solved by going out and purchasing a $300 gaming router. If you don't, you will forever be 100-200ms behind people that do.

Would you be advocating for people to quit being lazy and go out and buy one, or would you say maybe Ubisoft should fix that?

I'm not skirting your point, you simply don't have one.

Yet you haven't explained why I am supposedly.
I guess you're just entirely unfamiliar with gaming hardware when it comes to playing competitively since you keep thinking it's such a wild idea to get a better setup.
Or maybe you don't and you think that's perfectly fine for pc but not for console for some double standard reason i'm sure.

Your example isn't applicable because that's not what is happening here. If you had some kind of proof that the input delay console players experience only existed on console then you could say my suggestion is stupid. But it's not. It's entirely due to the fact that standard tv's are not made with gaming in mind. So the response time is much higher compared to the accepted response time for people who seriously/competitive game.

And as i've already pointed out you don't "need" to go out and get a monitor either. I did pretty great without one. and I still do play without one. But thanks to the couple of hours that I played against my problem heros on a monitor I have a much better grip on them even on a normal tv.

My point has been the entire time that going and getting a monitor might help improve some people's skill. You've done nothing to disprove my point.
I suppose my other point was about response time and why that's important. But you seem to not care.

You are just stuck on the fact that for whatever reason it's insane to want to use better hardware on a console. Or that despite me telling you otherwise two seperate times you still seem to believe that i'm advocating people buying a gaming monitor so they don't struggle/suck at the game anymore. For the third and final time. I'm only suggesting it to players that are already good at the game. But want to be better. Not for those people who struggle to even block lights consistently.

So to make this easy for you i'll pose it as a question. Maybe then you can give a proper response. "What is inherently wrong with someone going out and buying better equipment to improve their gameplay?"

Helnekromancer
08-22-2017, 07:40 PM
I think slowing down lights would make the game even worse. I have no problem block and parrying lights only time it's an issue is when I'm playing on an Assassin and their guard window. Heavies are already slow, having 2 slow ways of fighting will just op players to only fighing with Zone attacks, and unblockables if they have any in there kits. Don't make the game worse just because people have crap reaction time.