PDA

View Full Version : Revenge in brawl -.-

AnEnticingSquid
08-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Revenge shouldn't be in brawl... The reasons are 2 fold:

1. If brawl is played the way the devs claim it should be played, then there should be no revenge because your supposed to help your teammate out and hit the other opponent. However, you are only helping them now.

On the flippy floppy:

2. If you are to be "honorable", then you fight your opponent, then, with what ever health you have left, fight the next guy. But you always get revenge mid fight with your first opponent so then it just turns into a staring contest... That or the person that is getting their *** kicked, gets rewarded for their non existent efforts while the *** kicker gets a big fat middle finger for outskilling his/her/its opponent... Either way, it shouldn't exist.

Alustar.
08-20-2017, 05:57 PM
Just gonna leave this here.

https://youtu.be/qwkB***ulYI

CandleInTheDark
08-20-2017, 05:59 PM
Your link is dead Alustar.

Alustar.
08-20-2017, 06:02 PM
It's getting caught by the profanity filter cause "uK" directly follows an "f" in the link. So annoying...

Alustar.
08-20-2017, 06:09 PM
The video, however, depicts exactly why revenge is a mechanic in brawls still. Because regardless, you are fighting a 2v2 and that may wind down to a 2v1. It's a fight to the death and should be treated as such. Both sides are responsible for the mistakes they make.

In this scenario, the pair I was up against might have walked away with at least one more win, but the last round the warlord charged in and tried to engage a 2v1. He didn't know how close I was to my revenge state because of the Centurion, and because of that indiscretion they both suffered.

Had he waited and maybe even pulled back from the fight and let the Centurion wear me down, then force me to run to him and subsequently burn off the built up revenge tension. They might have won.

I can't feel sorry for people blindly attack and give someone the edge to turn the tables. You need to play smarter.

Yokonato
08-20-2017, 07:21 PM
revenge still has its flaws be in situations where my teammate stood at the side lines I knocked my opponent down swinging in for the final blow and bam revenge during a 1 v 1 and he proceeds to kill me , sometimes its not a mistake on your part the game doesnt have a set factor of x damage = +5 revenge meter, since you can parry and block and not see your meter full but the guy who you smacked down this his last life bar suddenly gets revenge and even with you blocking most of his attacks you dont get revenge in time, especially if it was already a close fight alot of characters only need 1 good top heavy in revenge to end the fight

AnEnticingSquid
08-20-2017, 09:00 PM
What I really hate is how EVERY single fight in brawl you get revenge... Even in a fair fight. Fine, if you get ganked, revenge away. But why should I get punished because I'm beating my opponent "fairly". Getting parried must massively boost your revenge gain because every time I land 3 parries on my opponent, they get revenge out of it.

Alustar.
08-20-2017, 11:49 PM
I've never had that problem, what I'd like to know is how you can get three parries and they aren't dead yet? That seems odd to me.

UbiJurassic
08-21-2017, 12:09 AM
While the way people play Brawls is going to vary from player to player, something to keep in mind is that not ever person is going to fight you honorably. If you're the player getting teamed up on by both enemy players, you'll be glad you have revenge on your side.