PDA

View Full Version : Failure of a game

Specialkha
08-20-2017, 08:33 AM
Came back to check the game, did some dominion, going to spend time and money on others games.

-Horrendous MM, getting team match against far higher rep character (easy fix, pick your hero before the game), game has been out for months
-Def meta, game has been out for 5 months
-Most ppl plays higher tier hero, making not playing one frustrating.

Should have known that this game would be a mess after The DIvision failure.

Othiion
08-20-2017, 10:06 AM
If you don't like the game so much then why complain? This game isn't The Division, it's For Honor. Don't like it? Not our problem. They've fixed the MM a lot more than what it used to be, heck a bit ago me and a friend got paired with two new players and we helped them for about.. I think 8 matches in a row. Defense meta is going to be ending in Season 4, and as far as high tier? Ha. Just because people play a high tier hero doesn't automatically make them "good".

SwellChemosabe
08-20-2017, 10:19 AM
If you don't like the game so much then why complain? This game isn't The Division, it's For Honor. Don't like it? Not our problem. They've fixed the MM a lot more than what it used to be, heck a bit ago me and a friend got paired with two new players and we helped them for about.. I think 8 matches in a row. Defense meta is going to be ending in Season 4, and as far as high tier? Ha. Just because people play a high tier hero doesn't automatically make them "good".

^ this

Specialkha
08-20-2017, 10:21 AM
Obviously, you do not even understand how this game works. Since they more or less fixed MM, you get matched against opponent of equal skill, thus when you are undergeared or playing a low tier hero, you get rekt. Simple as that.

I have a right to complain since I bought the game, and this game has so much more potential than this. And it is following The Division steps into oblivion.

kweassa1
08-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Frankly speaking, just a straight-up, no-bullshi* truth is that when you just suck, no MM in the world can ever help you. :)

MM caters only up to a certain point, and it goes only so far. In the end no amount of MM is going to save a sucky player, and the only thing that can ever save him is himself.

Othiion
08-20-2017, 10:26 AM
Obviously, you do not even understand how this game works. Since they more or less fixed MM, you get matched against opponent of equal skill, thus when you are undergeared or playing a low tier hero, you get rekt. Simple as that.

I never really have gotten rekt when I start up a new hero, wanna know why? I enter Practice mode with them and learn their Kit. Learn to use the moveset and the gear won't be a problem.

Specialkha
08-20-2017, 10:34 AM
Against low skill player like you those you fight, gear do not mean anything yes. But against higher skill players, it does.

Othiion
08-20-2017, 10:38 AM
Oh really now? I faced a Warden on the first day that Gladiator was released. I had 0 Gear score, they had 144. Know what happened? I stomped them into the ground. They got me a few good times, but ultimately I won. Sure you could argue "Gladiator is new" and that nobody really knew how to counter but then again, a high skill player would pick that up easily no?

Specialkha
08-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Ah, you mean when Gladiator was even more OP than now? No kidding.

@Kweassa1

If this is your profile:

https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/kweassa1

Plz do not talk me again about skill. Kthxbye.

And same for you Othiion, show your FHtracker profile for what it is worth.

I am not the best player, but I can handle my own, and I know when there are issues in a game.

Natedog858585
08-20-2017, 10:50 AM
i need to start taking screens of being matched with total rep 0-3 team vs 50-30 rep teams. MM is absolute garbage, but thats to be expected when the game is dead due to ubi taking a literal year to even get an inch of improvement that breaks down everything else around it.

Othiion
08-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Ah, you mean when Gladiator was even more OP than now? No kidding.

@Kweassa1

If this is your profile:

https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/kweassa1

Plz do not talk me again about skill. Kthxbye.

And same for you Othiion, show your FHtracker profile for what it is worth.

I am not the best player, but I can handle my own, and I know when there are issues in a game.

Who cares about FHtracker? I don't that's who. It tracks PvP and honestly it's broken. Wanna know how? Doesn't even list my Gladiator level let alone the Shinobi and doesn't list my actual 500+ hours on the game. I play more PvE because I actually like going against something that has skill compared to someone that'll ledge, cheese, or find any other way to kill cheaply. When I PvP it's against friends that I know that don't use exploits or broken characters *cough* Warlord *cough* and we have fun. Yes, we have gear stats on and sometimes for the fun of it we have damage on Lethal which makes things even more fun. So, don't try and lord stats over me, m'kay?

Netcode_err_404
08-20-2017, 10:54 AM
Frankly speaking, just a straight-up, no-bullshi* truth is that when you just suck, no MM in the world can ever help you. :)

MM caters only up to a certain point, and it goes only so far. In the end no amount of MM is going to save a sucky player, and the only thing that can ever save him is himself.

http://prntscr.com/gaqkap

Knight_Raime
08-20-2017, 10:55 AM
Came back to check the game, did some dominion, going to spend time and money on others games.

-Horrendous MM, getting team match against far higher rep character (easy fix, pick your hero before the game), game has been out for months
-Def meta, game has been out for 5 months
-Most ppl plays higher tier hero, making not playing one frustrating.

Should have known that this game would be a mess after The DIvision failure.

1) The MM initially tries to put you with reps around your level. but if it can't find them in a timely fashion it widens the search.
2) The defensive meta isn't something easily fixed when everyone is screaming at them with different ideas. They are actually laying the frame work for the "patch" right now. they did a ptr and got good feedback. they are going to keep some things the same which will likely get pushed out in their next big patch. and the other stuff they will tweak and put out on the ptr for further feedback. It sucks that it's taking this long. But i'd rather they take their time then break the game with a rushed solution.

Specialkha
08-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Who cares about FHtracker? I don't that's who. It tracks PvP and honestly it's broken. Wanna know how? Doesn't even list my Gladiator level let alone the Shinobi and doesn't list my actual 500+ hours on the game. I play more PvE because I actually like going against something that has skill compared to someone that'll ledge, cheese, or find any other way to kill cheaply. When I PvP it's against friends that I know that don't use exploits or broken characters *cough* Warlord *cough* and we have fun. Yes, we have gear stats on and sometimes for the fun of it we have damage on Lethal which makes things even more fun. So, don't try and lord stats over me, m'kay?

So you are a pve boy? Lawl. Kthxbye.

Othiion
08-20-2017, 11:00 AM
So that's your argument? Just laugh at those that do PvE? Shameful. Don't like it? Don't play it, have fun rage quitting when you don't get your way. I'll just be having a blast with my friends actually enjoying a game.

Specialkha
08-20-2017, 11:14 AM
1) The MM initially tries to put you with reps around your level. but if it can't find them in a timely fashion it widens the search.
2) The defensive meta isn't something easily fixed when everyone is screaming at them with different ideas. They are actually laying the frame work for the "patch" right now. they did a ptr and got good feedback. they are going to keep some things the same which will likely get pushed out in their next big patch. and the other stuff they will tweak and put out on the ptr for further feedback. It sucks that it's taking this long. But i'd rather they take their time then break the game with a rushed solution.

Even if you are faced with a rep 50 player when you are yourself a rep 50 player, it does not change the fact that you will get rekt if you pick a rep 0 hero when he will pick his main.

@Othiion I just find funny a player that does mostly pve or play against his friends talking about skill or balance. Guess why?

tacWard
08-20-2017, 12:34 PM
i love how ppl defend the ****in mm
http://imgur.com/a/DLix5
there is your "fixed" mm

tacWard
08-20-2017, 12:42 PM
.... kinda posted it twice my bad

SlashingElbow
08-20-2017, 12:47 PM
i Love the game now and the updates.. This guy thinks he is gonna be away for long and then come back and be just as skilled as the people who put time and effort in.. LOl The everybody gets a trophy generation.. Your parents made you weak like that :(

SlashingElbow
08-20-2017, 12:48 PM
Fh tracker is bs tho i agree. I checked my stats there and its pretty BS. Im ranked like 3 in norway there but so much of my stats are not showing.. F.example all my characters KD are over 3.. In fh tracker it sayys 1 or 1.2 or something. BS

Tobias96716
08-20-2017, 02:01 PM
If you dont like the game why come to the forums to bash it? Just move on....No need to be toxic.

Specialkha
08-20-2017, 02:06 PM
Kids should understand that ppl complains when they like something or see potential wasted or want something improved.

RatedChaotic
08-20-2017, 02:18 PM
So you are a pve boy? Lawl. Kthxbye.

Nothing wrong with being a pve boy in For Honor. I finish more games and have less interuptions than playing pvp. Its why I do it. Reverse that for me and I'll play pvp. But until then I'll continue doing my orders with AI and then bounce to a game with better pvp, matchmaking, and stability. Because for me I get alot of errors, disconnects, resyncs, ragequits here. I have games with pvp that dont give me those problems. But I enjoy For Honor so I pve here but pvp else where.

I'm sorry but bashing a player for enjoying the game his way......is very childish. You have no idea if that player has any medical problems or anything else going on that prevents them from doing so.

And the stat tracker is very easily manipulated, All you need is a few buddies out of group in duels and use the 30 sec grace period to keep leaving til you get each other. The more friends the faster it is. Got my son in about 20 attempts. We were sick of customs with no rewards so we improvised.

Ontari
08-20-2017, 02:23 PM
Sad fact is, the OP is right, although he expresses his ideas in a very wrong manner.

Tell me, mister pro guys, how can you win a dominion or skirmish match, when you have 2 bots in your team, or beginners who have to face For Honor veterans? It is undoable. And I don't mean the fact that they have worse gear, they just don't have the experience which is needed in those 2 gamemodes.... Game really is broken still, half year after release, and its potential IS wasted. And I also want a working product for the price I've paid.

Although this "top tier hero" thingy is pure bullshizzit. I play almost exclusively Kensei, Orochi and Shinobi, and still can give a good fight. It's just the matter of each personal' nemesis - the class one has most problems with, not about some heroes being TOP TIER. Although some are obviously unbalanced and easier to play with (I'm looking at ya centurion....)

Tobias96716
08-20-2017, 02:29 PM
Kids should understand that ppl complains when they like something or see potential wasted or want something improved.

Yet only those with child like minds posts only the problem with the game and not any real solutions and bash others for pointing out facts...

Specialkha
08-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Yet only those with child like minds posts only the problem with the game and not any real solutions and bash others for pointing out facts...

And still solutions were proposed months ago (even during alpha/beta) to solve these issues. 5 months after the release, maybe we are getting dedicated servers (I will believe it when I will see it), parry maybe getting nerf (same here, waiting for patch), etc...

So yes, solutions were here, and still we are still at point 0, 5 months after release.

Tobias96716
08-20-2017, 02:49 PM
And still solutions were proposed months ago (even during alpha/beta) to solve these issues. 5 months after the release, maybe we are getting dedicated servers (I will believe it when I will see it), parry maybe getting nerf (same here, waiting for patch), etc...

So yes, solutions were here, and still we are still at point 0, 5 months after release.

But yet you said "you came back to the game" meaning you stopped playing not knowing how the changes they made effected your hero and your play style....Then you go on to say "You did a few games of Dominion...You really cant use Dominion as a platform about what you are complaining about. Since having a 1v1 in Dominion is VERY rare.. Then you get on here to bash and once again complain without pointing any solutions....See Gear really doesn't matter to much now as it once did as someone told you in another post. But you just want to be toxic and jump on people who are pointing that out to you...i actually feel sorry for you...

UbiInsulin
08-20-2017, 08:11 PM
Thread closed because it became a flamewar.