PDA

View Full Version : Lock on sucks

DoodTheMan
08-20-2017, 01:01 AM
I don't know how it works but I've died countless times because of how lock-on picks targets. The most frequent problem is usually that if say an assassin who isn't on radar attacks me when I'm in free camera, I'll hit L2 and it will whirl me around 180 degrees to look at Steve, 20 feet away killing soldiers. So now the assassin gets free hits on me and I'm disoriented. I don't know if anyone else has these problems, but it's been a constant source of annoyance from me in this game.

DoctorMcBatman
08-20-2017, 01:39 AM
I'm on PC, but I've also had some annoying issues with the lock on. I think it's based on whichever enemy is closest to that transparent dot in the middle of the screen (not 100% sure about that). Sort of makes sense, but it's not perfect. Not sure if there is a perfect way to do it.

It's annoying, because if you're fighting someone indoors and get attacked from behind or the side, it can be very hard to switch targets due to camera angles/player maneuverability - especially if there's a full on melee going on.

Moondyne_MC
08-20-2017, 03:05 AM
Haha, I know that pain. Yesterday my teammate was holding off in a 3v1, I was sprinting towards then just about to lockon and drop a catapult on their heads when all of a sudden a PK with stealth jumped in front of me from the side as I pressed lockon, got him and myself instead which was obviously no help to me teammate.

Not blaming the game for that one, but dang was I annoyed haha.