PDA

View Full Version : Stunlock and unblockables in domion.

Netcode_err_404
08-19-2017, 07:49 PM
With these new classes 4v4 ( domion) feels more brken than ever.

Gladiator and HL may be not seem broken as the cent was/is, but surely bring on the batthefield a kit of unblockables attacks/charges that can be really anti fun.

Can we please have a sort of spammable UB attackjs/charges protection ? Really 1 cent and 1 gladiator and the game become Unblockable festival.

Sir_rage_quit
08-19-2017, 07:53 PM
Dum ma glass !

kweassa1
08-19-2017, 07:54 PM

Gladiator and HL may be not seem broken as the cent was/is, but surely bring on the batthefield a kit of unblockables attacks/charges that can be really anti fun.

Can we please have a sort of spammable UB attackjs/charges protection ? Really 1 cent and 1 gladiator and the game become Unblockable festival.

Revenge.

Use it wisely. Problem solved.

Alustar.
08-19-2017, 08:06 PM
Dum ma glass !

Not in my class!*

There fixed it

kweassa1
08-19-2017, 08:08 PM
Not in my class!*

There fixed it

I'm pretty the final word is "glath," which means "sword" in Gaelic.

Sir_rage_quit
08-19-2017, 08:13 PM
well now im confuse ... what is the right way to say it ?

SikanderAzam
08-19-2017, 08:17 PM

I was a bit surprised at the high frequency of unblockables I saw when season 3 first dropped, but the important part is that they don't have any crazy stun chains. The complaint that everyone had and has, including myself, about centurion, is that if he lands a hit on you it basically shifts to a cutscene where you sit there and watch your hero get the **** kicked and punched and incontinens'd out of him until death. Plus, homing missile. I've played several games now with a ton of HL and glads, and I absolutely do not see anything ridiculous like this.

Highlanders unblockables are mostly slow enough to parry or move, and although he has good range he doesn't have the unholy tracking of a centurion. Gladiators unblockables haven't bothered me one bit. I've had no issues dealing with these from either of the new heroes since launch. I STILL have problems dealing with a centurion.

I think dominion feels LESS broken than ever since the patch, partially because the new heroes have diluted the number of centurions, but also because all of the changes they made were actually all good ideas.

SikanderAzam
08-19-2017, 08:20 PM

Oh and also, you titled this thread STUNLOCK and unblockables in dominion, yet the new heroes that you're complaining about don't have anything that even vaguely resembles a stunlock. So I don't understand that part of your complaint.

kweassa1
08-19-2017, 08:23 PM
Oh and also, you titled this thread STUNLOCK and unblockables in dominion, yet the new heroes that you're complaining about don't have anything that even vaguely resembles a stunlock. So I don't understand that part of your complaint.

Well I'm pushing for either "donbar glath" which means "donkey sword" or "donnba glath" which means "brown sword" :D :D :D

Oupyz
08-19-2017, 08:25 PM
i thought people saying the new dlc character are balanced =)))))))

all vanilla heroes - warlord pk and warden needs buff to compete with dlc characters

they are all broken in the sense of how many ub and mixup and opener they have

but can we really trust ubisoft on balancing the game that's a very big question

SenBotsu893
08-19-2017, 08:31 PM
the stunlock has actually lessened. i can literally feel it.
sometimes im even able to survive a centurion gank.

check the latest patch notes on diminishing stunlock

SikanderAzam
08-19-2017, 08:33 PM

all vanilla heroes - warlord pk and warden needs buff to compete with dlc characters

but can we really trust ubisoft on balancing the game that's a very big question

I don't mean to come across as condescending, but the slow unblockables of the HL really just aren't an issue if you know how to parry and/or dodge correctly... Which is a pretty basic skillset in this game. Gladiator and a huge moveset... I'm jealous of the number of mixups that he has. I'm jealous that he has a bleed and my Valk's bleed has been unusable since day one and never fixed. But honestly none of his unblockables are particularly powerful and none of them get be chained together easily. I've been trashing glads and HLs nonstop without their unblockables being an issue. It's an issue in the lower levels of gameplay where people don't understand how to parry and don't understand positioning and dodge timing. That's all a problem with the player, not the game.

Oupyz
08-19-2017, 08:38 PM
I don't mean to come across as condescending, but the slow unblockables of the HL really just aren't an issue if you know how to parry and/or dodge correctly... Which is a pretty basic skillset in this game. Gladiator and a huge moveset... I'm jealous of the number of mixups that he has. I'm jealous that he has a bleed and my Valk's bleed has been unusable since day one and never fixed. But honestly none of his unblockables are particularly powerful and none of them get be chained together easily. I've been trashing glads and HLs nonstop without their unblockables being an issue. It's an issue in the lower levels of gameplay where people don't understand how to parry and don't understand positioning and dodge timing. That's all a problem with the player, not the game.

yeah yeah sure , keep your living imagination that the game is balanced and fine

the balance is that bad believe it or not , it's one of the worst game when it comes to balance , classes have 50/50 and mixup + opener + huge stamina pool and decent health

classes that have low stamina pool low health telegraphed attack no opener no ub cough cough Nobushi/Kensei

the only thing they did right was fixing raider - their stupid stampede charge that we told it was broken since the first ptr , but it fell to deaf ears like usual ubisoft

SikanderAzam
08-19-2017, 08:38 PM
the stunlock has actually lessened. i can literally feel it.
sometimes im even able to survive a centurion gank.

check the latest patch notes on diminishing stunlock

I read that, but I can't feel it. It was aimed at nerfing hoards of stun lockers. Centurions in groups were worse than 1, but 1 can still spew forth an hour long chain. I'm not criticizing that change, I just don't think it'll really do anything significant. If three centurions surround you, the fact that they can't perfectly take turns pinning any longer isn't going to save you.

SikanderAzam
08-19-2017, 08:44 PM
yeah yeah sure , keep your living imagination that the game is balanced and fine

the balance is that bad believe it or not , it's one of the worst game when it comes to balance , classes have 50/50 and mixup + opener + huge stamina pool and decent health

classes that have low stamina pool low health telegraphed attack no opener no ub cough cough Nobushi/Kensei

the only thing they did right was fixing raider - their stupid stampede charge that we told it was broken since the first ptr , but it fell to deaf ears like usual ubisoft

I complained about balancing issues throughout all of season 2, and I agree that they mostly ignored them. I disagree that this update made it worse--I think it's a big improvement and finally shows that they did pay attention to some of the issues we were talking about, even if it took them a hella long time to get to improving it. And I totally disagree that the new heroes are so OP. Again, I've had zero issues dealing with either of them. They're very average to me. Far, far weaker than centurion, easier to react to than vanilla assassins. They're pretty moderate. If you're getting destroyed by them, that's just you. It's not all of us.

As far as the other balancing issues that still remain, I won't stop talking about them and the improvements that were implemented doesn't mean that we should just forget other problems. But when they finally release improvements, it would be senseless to flame them for it. You have to give them a taste of gratitude to persuade them to listen, show them that it's appreciated when they release good changes.

Oupyz
08-19-2017, 08:50 PM
like error said before , i believe they are reluctant to balance this game , or its taken them longer than it should , however i hope they will prove me wrong and we will get a big balance update that fixes some long standing issues with classes

good luck to us and them

Jarl.Felix
08-19-2017, 09:42 PM

You made me laugh so hard ... I can see the low skill in you.

Sneaky-Patches
08-19-2017, 10:30 PM

Highlander has a stunlock. As shinobi, once you get hit by one of his heavies the second heavy seems to be guaranteed, like you can even raise your guard at all.

kweassa1
08-19-2017, 10:50 PM
Highlander has a stunlock. As shinobi, once you get hit by one of his heavies the second heavy seems to be guaranteed, like you can even raise your guard at all.

LOL wut?

...you were saying... ?

https://youtu.be/dNIyRJkPOW4

correct vid link

Oupyz
08-19-2017, 10:52 PM
SKILL RATINGS Rating
Duel
Top 65%
Kill
Top 59%
Objective

Jarl.felix are u comparing yourself to me , duel skill loooooooooooool what the **** look at my profile before u post i'am duel skill 19 was 20 before

UbiNoty
08-19-2017, 10:53 PM
I'll make note of your feedback about the new stunlock changes to the team and we can go back to re-evaluate effectiveness
But also, just a note, in any situation with a 1vX you'll have a hard time under any circumstance. If they're timing it so that the CC is lined up one after the other and not proc-ing the In-Hit reaction, then yes, it's still totally possible you'll be stunned up.

We're also keeping watch over the new heroes, so we can also take a look at cent/glad synergy when we can get some more data back.

SikanderAzam
08-19-2017, 11:20 PM
No doubt we're going to hear "we're gathering data to determine how centurion fits into the new changes,"

we can also take a look at cent/glad synergy when we can get some more data back.

:rolleyes:

SikanderAzam
08-19-2017, 11:27 PM
SKILL RATINGS Rating
Duel
Top 65%
Kill
Top 59%
Objective

Jarl.felix are u comparing yourself to me , duel skill loooooooooooool what the **** look at my profile before u post i'am duel skill 19 was 20 before

Not trying to be a dirtbag, but you realize that top 65% means that 65% of players are better than you? Top 50% is average, top 65% is well below average. Also, FHTracker's in-house skill ratings don't really count for much. I main Valk, and am top 2% with her in FHTR skill estimate, but that doesn't really mean anything. Probably over half of the people in that pool played one or two games with valk, bombed, and never played as her again.

Arekonator
08-19-2017, 11:56 PM
You made me laugh so hard ... I can see the low skill in you.
I think you misread that pal. For me it seems like "all vanilla heroes MINUS WL, PK and warden needs buff.

Oupyz
08-20-2017, 12:03 AM
sikanderazam , you are very wrong skill rating in duels is all that matters , it's very to know i get match all the time with legionunchained and some pro profile players .
if u don't know who is legionunchained this guy won many tournament with his pk and conqueror and exactly today I faced him in duels , so the skill rating is very accurate

Oupyz
08-20-2017, 12:14 AM
Not trying to be a dirtbag, but you realize that top 65% means that 65% of players are better than you? Top 50% is average, top 65% is well below average. Also, FHTracker's in-house skill ratings don't really count for much. I main Valk, and am top 2% with her in FHTR skill estimate, but that doesn't really mean anything. Probably over half of the people in that pool played one or two games with valk, bombed, and never played as her again.

that was his profile
I showed his profile cause he wanted to mock what i said .

that's mine
https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Oupyz

Sneaky-Patches
08-20-2017, 12:18 AM
LOL wut?

...you were saying... ?

https://youtu.be/dNIyRJkPOW4

correct vid link

I don't have footage to post right now, but when online on PS4, I have been hit multiple times by highlanders running attack ( that double left/ right swing) and the guard simply won't come up in time. It's also happenned on his regular left right heavies online too.

If it's working fine for you, I assume that you are on PC then? Because on PS4 there has been a weird issue with lag, stunlock effect on many heroes, and inconsistent guard and parry timing with this update. There was a thread floating around not long ago with heaps of people posting in it, all the same thing.

The_B0G_
08-20-2017, 12:29 AM

Warlord doesn't need a buff, he can still ledge from 20 feet in any direction and has a huge health pool and full block, it takes forever to kill a good Warlord. PK and Warden sure, maybe then wardens will actually attack rather than turtle.

Netcode_err_404
08-20-2017, 12:31 AM
The whole stunlck system is garbage, give me the chance to free myself.

The revenhe is ueless when you have 2 gladiators keep spamming that shield bash in loop, and you get stunlocked.

Its not only about new chars, is about stun in general.

Give me a ****ing bar that when fills up im immune to staggers for 20 seconds, just the time to free myself and rn away.

Is it asking to much ? Having a chance to run away ?

Meh

Netcode_err_404
08-20-2017, 03:34 AM
Warlord doesn't need a buff, he can still ledge from 20 feet in any direction and has a huge health pool and full block, it takes forever to kill a good Warlord. PK and Warden sure, maybe then wardens will actually attack rather than turtle.

Warlords are insulting for any player that queues up in this game using some other classes. really is so ****ing broken that i have no words.

Total block that can guarantee a free side heavy is just the ultimate troll attempt from the devs regarding other classes.

bmason1000
08-20-2017, 03:56 AM
I'm getting really tired of unblockables. The characters without them are a serious minority and are rarely seen anymore(except orochi who is just always around). Every game is just unblockables everywhere.

bmason1000
08-20-2017, 03:57 AM
just remembered orochis deflect attacks are unblockable so...yeah. even roach has them haha

We.the.North
08-20-2017, 04:26 AM
I've been in favor of buffing revenge for a while. Let it build way faster in 1vX situation and make the hero completly, COMPLETLY immune to CC for the duration .

kweassa1
08-20-2017, 05:27 AM
I don't have footage to post right now, but when online on PS4, I have been hit multiple times by highlanders running attack ( that double left/ right swing) and the guard simply won't come up in time. It's also happenned on his regular left right heavies online too.

If it's working fine for you, I assume that you are on PC then? Because on PS4 there has been a weird issue with lag, stunlock effect on many heroes, and inconsistent guard and parry timing with this update. There was a thread floating around not long ago with heaps of people posting in it, all the same thing.

Nice try. But I'll just go with Occam's Razor on this one, which suggests it's your human error. :rolleyes:

You're welcome to prove me wrong with counter evidence, or I can also take time to test out the sprint heavy -- which I've experienced it blocked, parried, deflected countless times by Shinobis, btw.

SwellChemosabe
08-20-2017, 05:44 AM
I'm pretty the final word is "glath," which means "sword" in Gaelic.

Well I've actually been playing with the different translators and so far all I've found, based on the closest resemblance to what's being said by highlander, is Don me glath: Give me a sword!

I'm gonna keep playing with the different combinations of words to see if I see anything else interesting.

bmason1000
08-20-2017, 06:08 AM
Well I've actually been playing with the different translators and so far all I've found, based on the closest resemblance to what's being said by highlander, is Don me glath: Give me a sword!

I'm gonna keep playing with the different combinations of words to see if I see anything else interesting.

The secret of DUNMAGLASS

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6txi60/the_secret_of_dunmaglass/?ref=search_posts

SwellChemosabe
08-20-2017, 06:17 AM
The secret of DUNMAGLASS

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6txi60/the_secret_of_dunmaglass/?ref=search_posts

that's a **** ton better than what I was coming up with lol

Teh1one
08-20-2017, 08:29 AM
pls buff ma glass

Netcode_err_404
08-20-2017, 10:36 AM
The topic is about the ****ing stunlock, not useless tests vs ai.