PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire cockpit - mirror

joners
03-22-2004, 05:30 AM
Can anyone explain why the spitfire cockpit in the track included in the AEP has a wider angle (than I can attain in game) and a rear view mirror? Can I change settings anywhere to get a wider field of view than the max in the default settings?
Thanks folks...

joners
03-22-2004, 05:30 AM
Can anyone explain why the spitfire cockpit in the track included in the AEP has a wider angle (than I can attain in game) and a rear view mirror? Can I change settings anywhere to get a wider field of view than the max in the default settings?
Thanks folks...

SeaFireLIV
03-22-2004, 05:41 AM
I haven`t seen the mirror, but that`s cos I don`t often use it. Maybe it was a different version of the Spit. Try the other versions and see.

SeaFireLIV...

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/Spitfeur2.jpg
Achtung! IT`S HERE!

Huxley_S
03-22-2004, 06:30 AM
There is a rear view mirror in the Spit... on my computer I toggle it on or off using the Q key - not sure if this is a default key or one I assigned myself.

Anyway, the hit in terms of FPS on the Spit makes it totally unusable for me, even though I can use the mirror on the Hurricaine without problems.

To change the field of view you can use Delete/End/Page Down buttons and Shift&F1.

FB Music and Campaigns @
http://www.onemorewild.org/huxley

horseback
03-22-2004, 01:36 PM
The Mirror option has to be user assigned: I use E or joystick button 6 (hardest one to reach on my CH Combatstick)for my Allied pilot settings. You can also toggle your FOV to the widest setting (85 degrees) with one button/keyboard assignment instead of fumbling around for the Delete/End/Pagedown keys.

Has anyone else tried printing out a table of commands vs keyboard & joystick assignments? I've found that it makes it easier to prioritize which commands use up my precious joystick/HOTAS buttons, and which get reassigned to single keybord keys or banished to the Land of CTL/ALT/Shift+ key Assignments.

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944