PDA

View Full Version : Broken Game.

EpicJayy
08-19-2017, 08:10 AM
I love the game, but the new characters and their insane unblockable offensive combos that are fast as hell , make me wanna delete the game again. Saw the competition, I was embarrassed for ubisoft. Having the winner use a glitch in the game to win and not have the title stripped? Piss poor decision on behalf of the competition holders, the fans lost respect for em even more then.

To finish, FIX AND BALANCE THE DAMN GAME. or the fan base will die off entirely.

maefiosii
08-19-2017, 08:42 AM
This is true. I am a new player to the game (since free wekend). I actually like it but I can clearly tell that "season pass" characters are overpowered. Ubisoft pushes out new characters (atm only for season pass buyers). i. O. to make "transaction money" these new champs have to be as good as or better than the actual champs ..

BTW: technically this forum is absolutely trash, wtf ubisoft? Such a big publisher and cant even pay sb to create a forum that doesn't look like from the 90's.

Sir_rage_quit
08-19-2017, 08:48 AM
This is true. I am a new player to the game (since free wekend). I actually like it but I can clearly tell that "season pass" characters are overpowered. Ubisoft pushes out new characters (atm only for season pass buyers). i. O. to make "transaction money" these new champs have to be as good as or better than the actual champs ..

BTW: technically this forum is absolutely trash, wtf ubisoft? Such a big publisher and cant even pay sb to create a forum that doesn't look like from the 90's.

well i play as highlander and many player with old hero are able to kick my *** as much as i kick some

Shakti.
08-19-2017, 09:30 AM
Dunno what you are talking about. This forum is awesome. Ubisoft is mishandeling the game completely and you can found all kinda of funny and enraged posts. It's a pit of hate and despair, an electronic hell. Plus he has bonus candies like the comunity managers responces. Just you w8 for some ' I'll make a note and pass it to the developement team' . They actually think we are brainless chumps.
Since Beta no major balance update was release you either play with the top dog Hero or suck and rage.

Last note, if you have a chance take a look at the developer stream, is a circusa of promises and false smiles. Brilliant. Humanity at his lowest.

Tundra 793
08-19-2017, 10:57 AM
So welcome to you new guys, I hope you'll enjoy For Honor. I've been here since launch, and here's my thoughts on the subject;

The 1 thing the Highlander isn't, is fast. My god he's slow. I've seen glaciers move faster than he does. On top of that, he really doesn't do a whole lot of damage. Even his slowest, heaviest, unblockablest attacks do 10 or even 15 less damage than other heroes slower (yet faster) attacks. He doesn't have a lot of health either.
If you find him overpowered, honestly dude you just gotta play more against him, practice parries and dodges. He even has a bug currently that prevents him from punishing parries (something to do with his GB reach lacking), so he's relatively safe to play against.

The gladiator I could definitely see getting some tweaks though, but I'm not sure OP is the right term for him either. I find the best tactic against them is to be twice as aggressive as they are. They're fast, but don't have much health, so try to overpower their defenses.

Since Beta no major balance update was release you either play with the top dog Hero or suck and rage.

This is objectively false. There's been plenty of major balance changes since the Beta. Notably several heroes have gone from being considered the best, to the worst. As well as the famous Revenge mechanic changes.

Knight_Raime
08-19-2017, 11:05 AM
1) Unblockables are becoming more present to force player reactions instead of turtling. They are getting better at balancing these. Best example off the top of my head is gladiators toe stab. it's actually slower when the person is out of stamina.

2) Unlock tech wasn't banned for 2 simple reasons.

For one this was a massive tournament. if tech wasn't allowed there could have been many false claims made since no spectator mode exists. and having everyone record every match to proof check these claims would have been a nightmare. And the other you NEED to keep the tournament rules the same through it's entirety. If the finals didn't allow unlock tech but the qualifiers did it would create too much variability and no consistency for the people watching. Which isn't great from a spectator perspective.

It is a shame that unlock tech exists. But there was no other way to host this large tournament that smoothly. At least the devs are actively listening and attempting to patch out any unlock tech they find.

RatedChaotic
08-19-2017, 01:50 PM
So welcome to you new guys, I hope you'll enjoy For Honor. I've been here since launch, and here's my thoughts on the subject;

The 1 thing the Highlander isn't, is fast. My god he's slow. I've seen glaciers move faster than he does. On top of that, he really doesn't do a whole lot of damage. Even his slowest, heaviest, unblockablest attacks do 10 or even 15 less damage than other heroes slower (yet faster) attacks. He doesn't have a lot of health either.
If you find him overpowered, honestly dude you just gotta play more against him, practice parries and dodges. He even has a bug currently that prevents him from punishing parries (something to do with his GB reach lacking), so he's relatively safe to play against.

The gladiator I could definitely see getting some tweaks though, but I'm not sure OP is the right term for him either. I find the best tactic against them is to be twice as aggressive as they are. They're fast, but don't have much health, so try to overpower their defenses.

This is objectively false. There's been plenty of major balance changes since the Beta. Notably several heroes have gone from being considered the best, to the worst. As well as the famous Revenge mechanic changes.

Hes not the only hero that suffers from that. Conq has had a similar issue from the start. With the Conq sometimes your parry will throw the opponent too far and you will gb the air. Sometimes you'll get the gb other times you wont. I bet the highlander is the only one that gets fixed tho. They gotta keep the fotm going.

I thought the issue was he can only get a light out on a gb. I havent got to play him yet so I dont know.