PDA

View Full Version : Reflex Guard

ItBeJUSTICE1
08-19-2017, 08:07 AM
I like the idea of reflex guard. I do. But with 30 FPS on consoles and with the input lag on Xbox that the controller already has, and on top of that with the guard not activating until around 100 ms after the input goes through, it literally makes it impossible to block certain attacks without predicting them. And although this can't really be fixed 100%, Shinobi and Gladiator's guard dissapears so fast that the enemy can repeatedly get guaranteed hits on you pretty often. I feel like the duration needs to be increased on both for consoles at least. The 30 FPS is what really hurts the most but a game like this is hard to make 60 FPS on consoles. So the game mechanics need to adapt for that. I played on my friends PC as shinobi and when I tell you it was a night a day difference with my blocks. Almost makes me want to get a PC for myself. Then again I prefer to be a console scrub. What do ya'll think?

Knight_Raime
08-19-2017, 10:13 AM
I'm a console player using a wireless controller on an LCD TV that is 4-6 years old. I have no problems blocking with shin/glads shorter block. and it's even easier for me to block things with the standard reflex guard.

It's something that you will eventually get good at doing if you play often enough and haven't peaked skill wise as a player for this game. I even block PK lights semi consistently these days.

PDXGorechild
08-19-2017, 10:30 AM
I think every class should have reflex guard. That'll separate the wheat from the chaff.

Alustar.
08-19-2017, 01:45 PM
why do people blame their inability to block hits on frame rate issues still. Does anyone using that argument even know what FPS even is and how it relates to game design? I'm beginning to think not...

CandleInTheDark
08-19-2017, 01:53 PM
I haven't taken gladiator into pvp yet but I could reliably block with shinobi when I got cornered, console player also, so the 30 fps doesn't really make sense to me either. As with Raime, also lcd television and wireless controller, if you know how to deflect and how to parry you can manage with that reflex guard.