PDA

View Full Version : What is left after the free weekend ...

Malyngo
08-19-2017, 12:48 AM
So, I started playing at the free weekend, and really liked what I saw.
I got balanced matches, I didn't get any disconnects.

So now, one week later, the picture looks different. Well, frankly, it looks like crap.
When I start matchmaking, every single time I can watch how the matchmaker loosens up, From "strict" to "****ing everyone", from "Your region" to "the world is not enough".

Balanced matches? I haven't seen one in a long time. Most of the time I get my *** handed.
50% of the time, I get a disconnect after waiting a few minutes for the matchmaker to find me one of those crappy matches.

I probably should have known better. At the current state, the game will bleed out all the players that picked it up after the free weekend. Probably was a scheme from Ubisoft for fast money, to begin with, on a dying game.

JesterSyxe
08-19-2017, 12:53 AM
That is normal, the Playerbase is just not big enough anymore for complete matches in 4v4. Since 3 weeks I have not had a single Match without bots. The Playerbase on PC is down to 4000 at peak times.
Also the connection Issues and the terrible Matchmaking is normal. For Honor has never been a good game when it comes to the most basic things like Matchmaking and balance, or even the connection problems. It was a mess right from the beginning.
Especially the Matchmaking will never get better because the Game lost 95% of it's Playerbase on PC in the first week. And now after the Tournament disaster even more Players left and it will get even worse at the end of the Month when "Absolver" is comeing out. A Fighting Game far superior to For Honor.

Long Story short: You wasted money on a dead and broken game!

UbiJurassic
08-19-2017, 01:10 AM
So, I started playing at the free weekend, and really liked what I saw.
I got balanced matches, I didn't get any disconnects.

So now, one week later, the picture looks different. Well, frankly, it looks like crap.
When I start matchmaking, every single time I can watch how the matchmaker loosens up, From "strict" to "****ing everyone", from "Your region" to "the world is not enough".

Balanced matches? I haven't seen one in a long time. Most of the time I get my *** handed.
50% of the time, I get a disconnect after waiting a few minutes for the matchmaker to find me one of those crappy matches.

I probably should have known better. At the current state, the game will bleed out all the players that picked it up after the free weekend. Probably was a scheme from Ubisoft for fast money, to begin with, on a dying game.

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having, Malyngo. Have you done any troubleshooting yet for the disconnect?

Malyngo
08-19-2017, 02:08 AM
This is such a shame, because this game is absolutely amazing without the issues.
If you manage to get a match that is balanced, you really have to hold on to that one and play the crap out of it. Never leave.

What can I do to troubleshoot? As the issue only came apparent after the free weekend, and now that it will try to find a match outside of my region, I had the assumption it is more a problem of the connection having to travel so far, and as it is peer to peer, the problem might be the other end.
My connection is shown as Open NAT

Malyngo
08-19-2017, 10:29 AM
The weekend seems to be much better for balanced matches, it looks much less grim right now.
Yes, there are some steam rolls still, but this also happens in any other game with match making.

So I guess under the week the player base is just under the threshold for the matchmaker to create even matches.

XxHunterHxX
08-19-2017, 10:36 AM
they should just make this game free to play already...