PDA

View Full Version : My one big complaint in season 3

SikanderAzam
08-18-2017, 10:23 PM
Alright, I came on a couple days ago to say that I'm actually really satisfied with the season 3 material. I still maintain that and think that Ubi did a really good job with just about everything in this huge update. My one big complaint... the mountable turrets on sentinel. Now, I get that Ubi just wanted to add a fun lil' dynamic that people can mess around with... That has no place in this game. The game is a highly competitive skill based fighter, and nobody should have to worry if some troll is going to insta-kill them from across the map when they're busy fighting, which is what the game revolves around.

The turret in the C zone also makes fighting in the A zone almost impossible, and it does make reviving in the center of A zone impossible. This is an enormous imbalance. I've seen that the attacking team usually goes A as standard and defense usually goes C as standard on sentinel. The turret placement is an outrageous imbalance against the attackers on sentinel.

Furthermore, bots are NOT CAPABLE of predicting that they may be shot, so if someone leaves and you have a bot on your team, he's basically a free kill because you can bait him into center A and he just gets shot. He'll also attempt to stand still and revive people in center A, again, making him a free kill.

I hope this doesn't seem like I'm raging, because honestly I couldn't have expected season 3 to be better.. It remarkably has exceeded the expectations I had as far as the balance shift on launch. But if there's one simple hot fix Ubisoft could do right now to make it more balanced and remove the type of nonsense that makes people salty, it's remove those damn turrets. Again, I get what Ubi was thinking, fair enough, but this isn't Halo and we don't need mountable stationary cannons that kill people across a map in a melee fighting game.

UbiInsulin
08-18-2017, 10:29 PM
The turret in the C zone also makes fighting in the A zone almost impossible, and it does make reviving in the center of A zone impossible. This is an enormous imbalance. I've seen that the attacking team usually goes A as standard and defense usually goes C as standard on sentinel. The turret placement is an outrageous imbalance against the attackers on sentinel.

Furthermore, bots are NOT CAPABLE of predicting that they may be shot, so if someone leaves and you have a bot on your team, he's basically a free kill because you can bait him into center A and he just gets shot. He'll also attempt to stand still and revive people in center A, again, making him a free kill.

I hope this doesn't seem like I'm raging, because honestly I couldn't have expected season 3 to be better.. It remarkably has exceeded the expectations I had as far as the balance shift on launch. But if there's one simple hot fix Ubisoft could do right now to make it more balanced and remove the type of nonsense that makes people salty, it's remove those damn turrets. Again, I get what Ubi was thinking, fair enough, but this isn't Halo and we don't need mountable stationary cannons that kill people across a map in a melee fighting game.

No worries about raging, we appreciate the feedback! I'll pass this along to the team. In addition to your concerns about the balance on Sentinel, I think the point about bots is interesting.

Tydeelee
08-18-2017, 10:37 PM
Its just One Map
One diffrent Map that bringing something exciting with it!
And they keep complaining about it!
No wonder the game is more and more evolving into a bigger piece of SH IT!

SikanderAzam
08-18-2017, 10:48 PM
Its just One Map
One diffrent Map that bringing something exciting with it!
And they keep complaining about it!
No wonder the game is more and more evolving into a bigger piece of SH IT!

The game isn't evolving [sic] into a piece of ****. The game made a huge and positive step forward with the recent improvements. Along with the positive changes, they tested the turrets, probably on one map because they weren't sure how balanced they would be, and the reality is that they just don't make sense in terms of balance or spirit of the game. There's no reason to get salty over them, they just don't fit the form of what the rest of the game is or what the general player base expects. It's a minor issue that causes annoyance that could be easily fixed without anyone having to flame Ubi or the players. It's that simple.

Tydeelee
08-18-2017, 11:11 PM
Its just one Map dude
Go Cry they might delete the map for you for sure!

Season 3 brought again 1trillion issues
But yea your right they done great work
Only Complain is that FUNNY Map!

RiceComboA
08-18-2017, 11:13 PM
It's no difference than say, the knight's ultra skillful catapult feat. =)

Sarcasm aside. This mode does add a new tactical strategy to the Dominion map.
More incentive to sit and control an objective rather than run around in a gank squad.

Maybe they could add options to only play certain maps when queuing?
That would be an easy fix for people who do not want to play that mode.

SikanderAzam
08-18-2017, 11:43 PM
Its just one Map dude
Go Cry they might delete the map for you for sure!

Season 3 brought again 1trillion issues
But yea your right they done great work
Only Complain is that FUNNY Map!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/319/jules.jpg

SikanderAzam
08-18-2017, 11:47 PM
It's no difference than say, the knight's ultra skillful catapult feat. =)

Sarcasm aside. This mode does add a new tactical strategy to the Dominion map.
More incentive to sit and control an objective rather than run around in a gank squad.

Maybe they could add options to only play certain maps when queuing?
That would be an easy fix for people who do not want to play that mode.

I disagree, catapult is a feat that generally unlocks toward the end of the game and can rarely be used more than once in a game due to the long cooldown. People can just sit on the turret all game if they want to. I disagree with the turrets to begin with, but more than that is that the zones aren't balanced. C is just a superior zone to have, because it's well covered and not particularly vulnerable to the turret in A. The majority of area in A that people fight at is vulnerable to the turret in C, it makes the map blatantly lopsided. It would be more work to patch the map into order to try to balance a minor feature that doesn't fit the game anyway than to just remove them.

And for what it's worth, IMO both catapult and Viking fire grenade are OP, too.