PDA

View Full Version : Something is wrong with Gladiator.

OfTheStone
08-18-2017, 09:20 PM
I just feel that Gladiator is an awful character to try and fight atm. I'm not saying that he's OP, but rather he's just much more annoying than he should be. He's basically just Valk with more unblockables. I'm not sure if it's just my play style, but trying to go aggro against him feels too difficult. He's a character that makes you feel like you need to turtle and wait for him to make a mistake. He just has to spam dodge attack and if you try to GB him he just has to use his unblockable punch because they're so fast.

Lyskir
08-18-2017, 09:28 PM
only spam dodge and punch does nothing because he has no guaranteed dmg with that

when u have a problem with the dodge attack, feint your heavy and bait a dash attack, block them and free GB

OfTheStone
08-18-2017, 09:33 PM
I've never been able to get a guaranteed GB after blocking his dodge attack. Is that how it's supposed to work? I thought that was only for his jumping attack.

Lyskir
08-18-2017, 09:38 PM
I've never been able to get a guaranteed GB after blocking his dodge attack. Is that how it's supposed to work? I thought that was only for his jumping attack.

yeah when u block his dash light attack on any direction u get a free GB

OfTheStone
08-18-2017, 10:40 PM
Well thank you for telling me, I didn't know that. However, I still argue against its speed. Because of how easy it is to dodge near any attack you see coming, Gladiator seems to be able to abuse it more than Valk or PK. I just think that its damage should be nerfed. I mean, the move is called "The Pest" isn't it. I feel it should just do the same damage as his toe stab, meant to wear down your opponent rather than rely on it.

Lyskir
08-18-2017, 10:48 PM
Well thank you for telling me, I didn't know that. However, I still argue against its speed. Because of how easy it is to dodge near any attack you see coming, Gladiator seems to be able to abuse it more than Valk or PK. I just think that its damage should be nerfed. I mean, the move is called "The Pest" isn't it. I feel it should just do the same damage as his toe stab, meant to wear down your opponent rather than rely on it.

he actually has the worst dodge of all assasins and his reflex guard sucks, his dash light is as good as all assasins so i dont see a problem with it

the only thing that is maybe too strong is his zone in some way

D3dicatedSrv3rz
08-18-2017, 11:08 PM
I found it very effective to just block the dodge attacks instead of parrying them as ive be doing for the free gb. I will say that in duels however if i catch a parry when using gladiator and use his parry for up punch and the spam the dash punches you're going to stay exhausted for if you dont have the speed to escape me. And thats not to mention the light==>toe-stab, light==>toe-stab spam

UbiJurassic
08-18-2017, 11:38 PM
I just feel that Gladiator is an awful character to try and fight atm. I'm not saying that he's OP, but rather he's just much more annoying than he should be. He's basically just Valk with more unblockables. I'm not sure if it's just my play style, but trying to go aggro against him feels too difficult. He's a character that makes you feel like you need to turtle and wait for him to make a mistake. He just has to spam dodge attack and if you try to GB him he just has to use his unblockable punch because they're so fast.

Gladiator's playstyle relies very heavily on his ability to dodge. Both his unblockable punch and side lights rely on this. Keeping that in mind, his playstyle is very weak to guardbreaks. Unless he's able to first disable you, most Gladiators will supply you with guaranteed guardbreaks and the opportunity to followup for free damage. If he goes for his punch while dodging, it has a very short range to it. You should be able to simply back dodge or side dodge your way to safety.

As for his unblockable "Skewer" and his toe stab, if he misses either move, those become free guardbreaks as well.

Try and make sure you are fighting him in a mostly open space. If he's able to land "Skewer" he's likely to launch you into the closest wall for free followup damage.