PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god, real improvements?

AgentCelt
08-18-2017, 04:39 PM
I've really started to enjoy this game lately. Hardly getting any d/cs. The 4 new heroes seem awesome, I've no season pass so I'm having to save 15k for each one, starting with the Highlander. Centurion is an *******, I keep mistiming the parry when he lunges but he's not too difficult to beat. The new map with the ballistas is unreal. I think this is the first time I'm going to say this in forever but good ****ing job Ubisoft. They've finally put out the game we were promised. Now I'm hearing about dedicated servers, ranked matches and new game modes? Amazing. I'm slightly disappointed in all this new gear because they look like duplicates but other than that I'm seeing some real improvements.

I'm not fully up to date with the news and all the upcomings. When should we expect to see the new game modes or even ranked? I'm not too concerned with the dedicated servers because the stability has been fine lately.

CandleInTheDark
08-18-2017, 04:45 PM
I have to say I've seen a fair bit of improvement also, I am close to three rep points gained this week which has happened never, in my case there is a certain time of the day I am less likely to fall out of games and it is long enough I get by, if dedicated servers improve that better still

A new 4v4 and new gear sets are due in season 4 starting November, ranked was supposed to drop with season 3, they always said it was still in beta even with that, they found a late problem, early on they said hopefully they would have it next week but the problem runs a little deeper, so they are keeping us informed. Ranked 4v4 should happen in season 4 (though without tournament mode as is the case with 1v1) as well as programable bots in training mode.

They have a roadmap with more information here http://blog.ubi.com/app/uploads/2017/07/fh_roadmap_all_v7.jpg?x49516

AgentCelt
08-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Looking good, I still get disconnects too but they rarely happen anymore. Any leaks on the next 2 heroes? I'm curious as to what they're adding to the Viking class.

CandleInTheDark
08-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Looking good, I still get disconnects too but they rarely happen anymore. Any leaks on the next 2 heroes? I'm curious as to what they're adding to the Viking class.

Nothing certain but the same leak that had the gladiator when there wasn't even a picture for him as there had been for the Highlander suggested Huntress with a sword and axe for the vikings and Ronin, possibly with two swords if I remember right, for the samurai. That's not a guarantee but the guy who said that is four out of four right now and he dropped real specific details, like the Highlander having two stances, about three of them.

UnhappyLawbro
08-18-2017, 05:21 PM
Finally someone who isnt whining about centurion being unbeatable. I applaud your maturity for actually saying that you're the one who mistimes parry.
As you said, it's a hard character to fight, you just have to time your parries right or dodge roll. But i guess it's so much easier to just whine about the game being bad when you are the one who's too lazy to learn.

psyminion
08-18-2017, 05:39 PM
honestly season 3 DID refresh the game for me. I don't even want the new heroes (as I am but a humble samurai) but the tweaks and changes are noticeable and welcome (except the emote audio nerf *sad rah*)

nice work devs!

CandleInTheDark
08-18-2017, 05:42 PM
honestly season 3 DID refresh the game for me. I don't even want the new heroes (as I am but a humble samurai) but the tweaks and changes are noticeable and welcome (except the emote audio nerf *sad rah*)

nice work devs!

RAH! will be restored in a future patch. I actually like the sound of the new alternating one and hope it comes in another emote but I do agree that RAHRAHRAH is somewhat iconic.

Apparently Eric walked to the audio desk and they were all...we've seen the reddit threads, we're fixing it.

AgentCelt
08-18-2017, 06:17 PM
Finally someone who isnt whining about centurion being unbeatable. I applaud your maturity for actually saying that you're the one who mistimes parry.
As you said, it's a hard character to fight, you just have to time your parries right or dodge roll. But i guess it's so much easier to just whine about the game being bad when you are the one who's too lazy to learn.

If I remember correctly, Centurion was designed to be a threat to anyone who plays defensively. So it's no surprise the amount of unblockables he has. Anyone who plays Cent usually get startled when their up against a Zerk. My only issue with Cent is how powerful he is, but like you said, time the parry or dodge correctly and his most useful attacks are out the window.

CandleInTheDark
08-18-2017, 07:52 PM
If I remember correctly, Centurion was designed to be a threat to anyone who plays defensively. So it's no surprise the amount of unblockables he has. Anyone who plays Cent usually get startled when their up against a Zerk. My only issue with Cent is how powerful he is, but like you said, time the parry or dodge correctly and his most useful attacks are out the window.

Yeah, honestly I am a dodger, I mostly play assassins, and I could perhaps do with putting more effort into parries, when the devs add the training mode I will likely put time into that charge attack specifically, but as you say get just one of those right, let alone both, and he is weakened some (though the viking village duel map is nasty to face him on). My issue has always been crowd control and they are working on that.

One thing I didn't mention, if you duel, they went over the three most ledge intensive maps and reworked some of the stages in them either doing something like fully structuring the side of a bridge or moving the duel spawn elsewhere on the map, there are still ledges they just aren't in your face from the outset. They also had a section on the Sentinel map that was made specifically for duels.

UbiJurassic
08-19-2017, 12:21 AM
I've really started to enjoy this game lately. Hardly getting any d/cs. The 4 new heroes seem awesome, I've no season pass so I'm having to save 15k for each one, starting with the Highlander. Centurion is an *******, I keep mistiming the parry when he lunges but he's not too difficult to beat. The new map with the ballistas is unreal. I think this is the first time I'm going to say this in forever but good ****ing job Ubisoft. They've finally put out the game we were promised. Now I'm hearing about dedicated servers, ranked matches and new game modes? Amazing. I'm slightly disappointed in all this new gear because they look like duplicates but other than that I'm seeing some real improvements.

I'm not fully up to date with the news and all the upcomings. When should we expect to see the new game modes or even ranked? I'm not too concerned with the dedicated servers because the stability has been fine lately.

Glad to here you came back to the game and are enjoying it! As Candle said, we're looking to add a new 4v4 gamemode, that won't be a variant of a current 4v4 mode, during Season 4. As for ranked, Ranked Duels was supposed to go live during the initial Season 3 patch. However, we found a bug prior to its launch and had to pull it from the patch. It should be coming soon though and we'll look to get an exact date to everyone as soon as we get that information.

Mighty_Mackerel
08-19-2017, 12:52 AM
Sorry, but I slightly disagree. Ever since season 3 started I have had more disconnects than ever, and now a new problem that keeps popping up that I have literally NEVER encountered before since launch is the "Matchmaking Not Ready" message after almost every disconnect, which results in me having to restart the game completely in order to fix it. So until dedicate servers come out, things have actually gotten worse on my end.

Glad to see you guys are doing fine though...

UbiJurassic
08-19-2017, 01:09 AM
Sorry, but I slightly disagree. Ever since season 3 started I have had more disconnects than ever, and now a new problem that keeps popping up that I have literally NEVER encountered before since launch is the "Matchmaking Not Ready" message after almost every disconnect, which results in me having to restart the game completely in order to fix it. So until dedicate servers come out, things have actually gotten worse on my end.

Glad to see you guys are doing fine though...

We've seen a rise in the matchmaking not ready error as well on our end and we have the team looking into the issue.

Mighty_Mackerel
08-20-2017, 01:24 AM
We've seen a rise in the matchmaking not ready error as well on our end and we have the team looking into the issue.

Oh good, thank you.