PDA

View Full Version : This Game Can Be Frustrating at Times

roman_emperor85
08-18-2017, 02:05 PM
For moment, I won't say the game is unbalanced because I admit, I am new to For Honor.

However, I will express a little frustration. It would be nice if I could block after the Centurion's kick (or whatever attack send you falling backwards defenselessly)? I mean, being left completely defenseless is not fun. Just having to sit there and watch yourself get punished for failing to block or dodge an attack is frustrating. What's with this game's obsession with allowing players to easily stun and drain stamina. It should be one or the other.

I like playing 1v1, and I'm beginning to see trends. Lobbies are only Oroshi (sometimes 3v4, with me being the only one who doesn't pick the character), Centurions (usually in pairs), and occasional Nobushi. Wouldn't it me great to see more variety? I know balance doesn't exist, but I can hope for it. Maybe?

Also, can Peacekeeper get a little love in the blocking department. I feel her blocking is ineffective. For her block to work, you need to be constantly directing your attack and block angle for her to block an attack. Since her guard doesn't stay up, you usually have to switch away and back to the initial starting position if they attack from that angle. Dodging usually result in me getting stunned or hit with a light attack. Every time I dodge an attack, I can't seem to land a light attack my opponent lands his. Attacking some characters after a doge usually results in a stun.

I like the game but I kinda hate it. Is that a good thing?

I won't get into the connectivity issues.

roman_emperor85
08-18-2017, 02:15 PM
I really want to like this game. I love the concept behind, and the game modes are fun. I like besting the overwhelming amount of samurai in this game knights. Knights are the best. An edit option on the forums would be great!

Draghmar
08-18-2017, 02:16 PM
For moment, I won't say the game is unbalanced because I admit, I am new to For Honor.

However, I will express a little frustration. It would be nice if I could block after the Centurion's kick (or whatever attack send you falling backwards defenselessly)? I mean, being left completely defenseless is not fun. Just having to sit there and watch yourself get punished for failing to block or dodge an attack is frustrating. What's with this game's obsession with allowing players to easily stun and drain stamina. It should be one or the other.
Because it's much easier (aka cheaper) for Devs to make it this way then truly make balance. ;) But there's a hope they learn at least a little bit judging by new chars from S3.

I like playing 1v1, and I'm beginning to see trends. Lobbies are only Oroshi (sometimes 3v4, with me being the only one who doesn't pick the character), Centurions (usually in pairs), and occasional Nobushi. Wouldn't it me great to see more variety? I know balance doesn't exist, but I can hope for it. Maybe?
4v4 is mostly Cents this days. In 1v1 I mostly get Wardens. Get used to it. Many people chooses Orochi at the beginning of their journey because of how easy is to dodge and how much damage he can deal. At least it's mine conclusion.

I like the game but I kinda hate it. Is that a good thing?
Yup, that's what most people probably gets from FH. :) This game can produce some very extreme emotions.