PDA

View Full Version : New cosmetic gear a let down

ChampionRuby50g
08-18-2017, 01:17 AM
Saw a thread In suggestions and feedback, but wanted to post here for a broader view...personally I'm let down with the new gear. A lot of it, especially on Lawbringer, look exactly like old pieces of armor, just more Re skins. Both of his new chest pieces look very much like each other, while looking like a Re make of older chest pieces. One of his new arms also looks like not much effort went into it. From seein some amazing designs put forward the community, and been told that the design team was aware we didn't want this...it's a major dissapointment. Wondering if anyone else agrees?

CandleInTheDark
08-18-2017, 01:25 AM
The devs have made two things clear over the past couple of months. Firstly that weapons are easy enough but armour takes a lt longer to do to good quality because it has to move with the character. The other, and this is why I don't get why so many of these threads are popping up, is that they are releasing new gear sets, according to their roadmap, in season 4, this is season 3. This isn't a case of Ubisoft not communicating or not listening, they have told us when to expect new gear sets and it isn't that time yet.

ChampionRuby50g
08-18-2017, 02:06 AM
The devs have made two things clear over the past couple of months. Firstly that weapons are easy enough but armour takes a lt longer to do to good quality because it has to move with the character. The other, and this is why I don't get why so many of these threads are popping up, is that they are releasing new gear sets, according to their roadmap, in season 4, this is season 3. This isn't a case of Ubisoft not communicating or not listening, they have told us when to expect new gear sets and it isn't that time yet.

I think you misunderstand me. I remember reading on the forums a while ago, a post from the mods explicitly stating the design team knew the community was aware the community wasn't happy with how Season 2 gear looked way to similar to Season 1. In the patch notes it states "2 Legendary armor variations also given to all heroes except Highlander and Gladiator, while 1 Legendary armor variation has been added for Highlander and Gladiator."
But if you look at the High Executioner chest and compare it to Tical chest on the LB, the only difference is spikes on the side, the leather between his legs been a different colour, and 3 spikes on his chest where it juts out below the helm. For a new gear item, and (I may be remembering wrong) been told that gear coming Season 3 would look different and our concerns where noted about gear looking similar, this is incredibly dissapointing.

ChampionRuby50g
08-18-2017, 02:12 AM
Haldus Arms compared to Dark Lord arms. Only difference is Haldus has 5 spikes of different size compared to 10 spikes

UbiNoty
08-18-2017, 02:16 AM
We're still in the process of trying to make visual improvements to armor sets, but we also did not promise that it would come with S3 or the new gear tier. While the new armor variations are intended to be for the new gear tier, we also didn't say that this season the new tier of armor would be totally new and unique.
We'll do our best with the visual upgrades, but we're still in the process of working on them.

CandleInTheDark
08-18-2017, 02:23 AM
For a new gear item, and (I may be remembering wrong) been told that gear coming Season 3 would look different and our concerns where noted about gear looking similar, this is incredibly dissapointing.

Bolded the bit that was relevant, yes the devs said there was a new tier coming in season 3 but they explicitly stated that new sets, with new appearances, would be coming in season 4, they have been up front about that when talking about gear.

ChampionRuby50g
08-18-2017, 03:22 AM
Bolded the bit that was relevant, yes the devs said there was a new tier coming in season 3 but they explicitly stated that new sets, with new appearances, would be coming in season 4, they have been up front about that when talking about gear.

Cheers for the clarification, and you too UbiNoty. Seems my long term memory isn't what it used to be! 🙃💤💤