PDA

View Full Version : Honorable Game Mode

vDerickv
08-18-2017, 12:36 AM
I know the coding on this would be pretty tricky .
i want a game mode that is 4v4 dominion style with capture the objective flags but that is honorable.
So your in a 1v1 battle and your teammate walks up to help gang up on the guy your attacking
I want a game mode where he wouldn't be able to gang up on the ememy because his guard wont lock onto the enemy while someone else already is.
I honestly want to know if this is even possible and if anyone else agrees that an honorable teambased game mode is essential for this game to stay alive.
I can already think of some issues that could happen from this game mode like having someone locked onto you but not being able to lock onto them because someone else already is but i feel stuff like this can be overlooked with delays and timers like everything else in this game. lol

The devs need to make an honorable teambased gamemode for the game "for honor"!

ConfuciousMain
08-18-2017, 12:47 AM
Yeah okay, I can already tell you that more than likely won't happen. Most people on this forum alone think playing with "honor" is a load of **** anyway. Besides, dominion is a team based mode, now more than it was before. In season one there were honorable fights going on in this game mode every now and then but now its rare and anyone playing dominion shouldn't expect that kind of courtesy from any teammate or opponent. You'll have better luck finding players who do this in elimination or brawl (which in my own opinion are just better game modes for people who like to 1v1 but on a slightly grander scale)

Keep in mind though, not everyone agrees with the "Honor" play style so just don't expect it.

pure_energist
08-18-2017, 12:48 AM
Not being able to lock on wouldn't matter; teammates could still hit out of lock. The simplest way to implement this mode would be to have a very punishing and auto revenge mechanic. They already have revenge based on a how many attackers are targeting you and the rate it increases is multiplied with additional attackers. To make this revenge actually be scary they would need to basically how it use to be at launch but even more punishing. Basically it needs to be an effective deterrent that would mean you would have to trust your teammates to behave like they want to win and NOT attack your opponent at the same time.

vDerickv
08-18-2017, 01:00 AM
I get that. And it doesn't have to be dominion it could be king of the hill or capture the flag or some new game mode i was just saying a team based honorable game mode.
I like playing with honor. i also like ganking from time to time. but cant we choose? give us a honorable game mode!

vDerickv
08-18-2017, 01:05 AM
I did like the revenge mechanics in the beginning far more then i like them now. and i still don't think that changing the revenge would satisfy my want for an honorable mode