PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to get rid of the plaid pattern on Highlander?

Kovah131
08-17-2017, 08:06 PM
I know I'm going to get some hate "but teh highlander NEEDS a kilt, hes the HIGHLANDER!". Thats great and all but, I think it looks really silly. I don't mind having it in the game, but it would be nice if you could get rid of it by making it all the same color, or having at least one armor set that it doesn't show. I want to keep playing him but he looks so dumb with it...

Alustar.
08-17-2017, 08:09 PM
There are color patterns that have the same colors on a pair that will make the kilt look less plaid, but then your just gonna look like a ninny in a skirt and big sword, not very "highlandish" if you ask me.

Kovah131
08-17-2017, 08:11 PM
Yea... I was VERY excited when i heard he was coming out but I think he would be 100x cooler looking if he had all leather armor on his legs instead of a kilt... seriously blows it for me. It's not like giving him one outfit without it will have any negative effect.

Halvtand
08-17-2017, 08:13 PM
but teh highlander NEEDS a kilt, hes the HIGHLANDER!

Yeah, that was basically what I was going to say...

I get it, the traditional patterns aren't for everyone and while some will think it looks awesome still some will find it utterly ridiculous. As such I'm not an enemy to the suggestion. Freedom to customize your own character in the game is after all what the scots have been fighting for all these years. Carry on the good fight.

Halvtand
08-17-2017, 08:17 PM
Sorry, I figured out that I wasn't at all hostile enough for a post on this forum, so here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dK0cnL9uLg

Alustar.
08-17-2017, 08:35 PM
That's a very threatening blank image...

tokyoto88
08-17-2017, 10:38 PM
Not sure really what you are asking here?

Firstly what you are referring to here as a "plaid pattern" is an impression of what is called tartan.

"Plaid pattern" is a parody of this cultural artefact worn by fashionistas and overpaid golfers.

Secondly your request for "a proper kilt" for the Highlander seems to be referring to a tailored kilt, which aside from its honorable use as Scottish Regimental Uniform is usually regarded as a modern affectation: or the "Sobieski skirt" on a civilian.

True traditional Highland dress would be best represented by what is called in the modern idiom "Belted Plaid"

If you have difficulty with any of these terms, go and do some research before asking questions like this.

Some of the comments on here regarding Highland culture are the equivalent of Blackface and verging on the offensive.

You should respect the warrior cultures you are drawing inspiration from.

UbiNoty
08-17-2017, 11:45 PM
Since that particular pattern is a pretty iconic feature of the Highlander's visuals, most color palettes will probably mostly try to preserve that.
Like some have suggested, some color palettes will be less obvious, so you might try those out for now. We are trying to increase customization options for future updates though, so I will bring up your feedback as a suggestion to the team.

Also, let's not take this where it doesn't belong. It's a perfectly legitimate question, but perhaps it could have been worded with more consideration by the OP.
We should all respect each other's opinions and cultures equally.