PDA

View Full Version : Chip damage is crazy in 1v4 situations

A4einboy
08-17-2017, 06:50 PM
After a few heaveys from 2,3,4 heros you basicaly have 1 bar of health left. Why just why add chip in 4v4 i can understand in deuls its unfair to take feedback from only pro players and not the good players plus all your feedback is from pc players why not console thats where majority is. I understand this post will never get to the devs and im sure dosent matter to them since im not a pro parry player but its worth the try . Devs stop entertaining the def meta so much you guys are changing the game to much . I have my def at high and chip takes too much health in 4s . How about just give every hero 1 bar of health sounds crazy right but what you guys are doing is making a fight last 10 sec why have the time in deuls 5 min make it 30 secs and the person with the most health wins anyways please stop with the chip damage in 4v4

Rikuto01.tv
08-17-2017, 07:51 PM
If you're in a 1v4 situation and not exhibiting exceptional play, you should be losing. I see nothing wrong here.

I recommend the parry.

Mia.Nora
08-18-2017, 12:25 AM
You mean it needs something like that?

Just wanted to leave my wishlist Patch Notes for Season 3. Here we go!

DEFENSIVE META BALANCE

Chip Damage is added.

Chip damage will not be %18 across the board, but will be applied based on attack speed.
400ms attacks : %8 Chip Damage.
500ms attacks : %10 Chip Damage.
600ms attacks : %18 Chip Damage.
700-900ms attacks : %25 Chip Damage.
1000+ms attacks : %33 Chip Damage.

Further below changes to Chip Damage implemented
* Chip Damage can kill an opponent that is locked onto you. Chip Damage will not kill an opponent locked onto someone else.
* Chip Damage received is halved for external attacks in 1vX situations.

This Developer's Notes: "Chip Damage was a component that has been asked by the community for a while, however it was hard to balance it across the board of various attacks and in various game modes. By separating the way Chip Damage is calculated based on attack speed we wanted to ensure a more balanced approach, which will also allow us to adjust them separately later if needed. Same goes for separation of Chip Damage behaviour in 1v1 and 1vX combat situations to make it fair for all game modes."

Graci0us
08-18-2017, 12:56 AM
Matter of opinion, Rikuto. Parrying isn't always the most optimal thing to do. leaves you open to eat multiple unblocked heavies or cc in 1vx, when timed right. On warlord, i can hit you with close to a bar of chip from side heavy. This effects team fights as well, when you single out certain players to focus on. Now, with the devs looking at taking away the 1 bar regen, it will make it even worse. Everyone has an idea of what they want the game to be, though.

UbiNoty
08-18-2017, 01:04 AM
We can certainly keep watch on how chip-damage is impacting 4v4 modes and go from there if we see it's having a negative effect on gameplay.

Graci0us
08-18-2017, 01:08 AM
Thank you UbiNoty.

Lyskir
08-18-2017, 01:10 AM
almost everyone wanted chip dmg, It was clear that it had a greater effect on 4v4

They have done something that the community wanted And people still complain about it.....

Graci0us
08-18-2017, 01:15 AM
They wanted chip in 1v1 brother. I've never heard anyone say put chip in 4v4. More feedback, than complaining. I want ppl to say in the game. You have to consider new players, too.

TheTKOShow
08-18-2017, 01:16 AM
Matter of opinion, Rikuto. Parrying isn't always the most optimal thing to do. leaves you open to eat multiple unblocked heavies or cc in 1vx, when timed right. On warlord, i can hit you with close to a bar of chip from side heavy. This effects team fights as well, when you single out certain players to focus on. Now, with the devs looking at taking away the 1 bar regen, it will make it even worse. Everyone has an idea of what they want the game to be, though.

Parry first attack and if the others are attacking while parry animation is going you parry them too, unblockable or toe stab. That's how to win 1v 2,3,4
Parry is the quickest way to revenge, not to mention you stam drain one do your attackers.

Don't guard break someone if your out numbered, that's a silly move sure, but I would, and will go for parry. Opinion has little to do with it situation has everything to do with it.

And that slow side hvy that probably hits your own team mate gets deflected

Graci0us
08-18-2017, 01:38 AM
Thetkoshow, If you time it right, it wont parry man. It'll go through. Lol have to throw insults in there too huh? How old are you? Not going to hit my ally either, mate. Silly thing to say. Anyone can play the situation game. Once you deflect my slow side heavy, your wide open for an attack or cc from my ally. Our conversation is pointless ,and won't accomplish anything. I do, however, respect you opinion, and will not be a ******bag to you, simply because I disagree.

kweassa1
08-18-2017, 02:11 AM
So don't do 1v4s. :rolleyes:

End of story.

CandleInTheDark
08-18-2017, 03:14 AM
There are a lot of threads that seem to be running under the assumption that 1v4 should be winnable. In a team game, and this is a team game whatever some people believe, with equal numbers and equal strength for each person making up a team, no it isn't and no it should not be unless the one person in that scenario is playing spectacularly well.

There is no other team game out there, barring Evolve when playing as the monster, where one person is supposed to equal the strength of four. Honestly 1v4 not being winnable except for the case where the one person deserves it through good play is kind of what I have always taken to be the standard.