PDA

View Full Version : Zone Flicker Needs to Be Fixed Before The Next ESL Event

xECS DESTROYER
08-17-2017, 02:40 PM
I am glad that most of the unlock issues have been corrected, although they were a tad late considering it occurred after the tournament ended. However, zone flicker is still a huge problem, especially with characters such as PK and Orochi.

While I did blow a big lead at the end of the qualifying sector, I would be lying if I said that facing a player with slight lag (due to his location) was a ridiculous uphill battle because it made the already fast zone flicker almost unreactable, ruining my chances of parrying consistently. We already saw how unlock made the community feel in the stream, but flicker NEEDS to be removed because it is an unintended mechanic of the game and is game-breaking in certain situations, especially when there is lag in the match.

Draghmar
08-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Wait...wasn't flicker 'fixed' already by lowering buffer between pressing light and heavy to the min?

xECS DESTROYER
08-17-2017, 02:51 PM
No, it has not unfortunately. It is still very easy to commit the flicker when producing a zone attack. I feel like the "fix" was never implemented in this patch. Other fighting games have strict input commands for conducting attacks, and while this is not a traditional fighting game, there needs to be something similar put in for the zone attack, because it is impossible to react to on console, especially with lag.

Rikuto01.tv
08-17-2017, 06:24 PM
I am glad that most of the unlock issues have been corrected, although they were a tad late considering it occurred after the tournament ended. However, zone flicker is still a huge problem, especially with characters such as PK and Orochi.

While I did blow a big lead at the end of the qualifying sector, I would be lying if I said that facing a player with slight lag (due to his location) was a ridiculous uphill battle because it made the already fast zone flicker almost unreactable, ruining my chances of parrying consistently. We already saw how unlock made the community feel in the stream, but flicker NEEDS to be removed because it is an unintended mechanic of the game and is game-breaking in certain situations, especially when there is lag in the match.

So you want to remove the only thing that allows an orochi to actually hit somebody?

Sure, that sounds fair. We'll just ignore the fact it costs 75% stamina, does low damage and has a huge recovery window when missed.

You know there's a lot of things that are not reactable on console. My question is, why complain about the one thing that has the largest of drawbacks?

Titanodragon
08-17-2017, 06:34 PM
So you want to remove the only thing that allows an orochi to actually hit somebody?

Sure, that sounds fair. We'll just ignore the fact it costs 75% stamina, does low damage and has a huge recovery window when missed.

You know there's a lot of things that are not reactable on console. My question is, why complain about the one thing that has the largest of drawbacks?

It's 50%...