PDA

View Full Version : Crash immediately after completing mission

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2003, 08:10 PM
Hi Folks,

My system crashes to a very distorted looking desktop right after I read "mission completed." I do not get to see the after-action report screen and, frustratingly, the completed mission is not recorded.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-B

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2003, 08:10 PM
Hi Folks,

My system crashes to a very distorted looking desktop right after I read "mission completed." I do not get to see the after-action report screen and, frustratingly, the completed mission is not recorded.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-B

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2003, 11:27 PM
Can you list your dxdiag results?

XyZspineZyX
09-18-2003, 08:28 PM
What's dxdiag?

XyZspineZyX
09-18-2003, 10:21 PM
click on the start button,then run,then type in dxdiag .then save it and post it here,ALL of it.Help will come in no time,or they will pull their hair out trying/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Claymoar..Harmless.........Until Detonated/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 02:14 AM
To LRRPD

Dxdiag

start/run/ type in dxdiag click ok/ when it has finished loading/system tab/ down the bottom click SAVE ALL INFORMATIOM to desktop/copy and paste that in the forums.

Copy/Paste

You may know how to do this already, so overlook it if you do.

To copy/paste left click the left mouse button and while holding the left mouse button down drag it to the left then up the page until every word is highlighted. Then on any part of the highlighted words right click and a little window pops up and with the left mouse button click COPY.

Now come to the forums and place your thread for your problem and in the white space, right click the mouse button and another small window pops up. With the left mouse button click the word PASTE and your dxdiag is copy/pasted

<CENTER>http://myimgs.com/data/snipe21/144032.php <CENTER>

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 07:28 PM
Great help, guys, but part of the problem is that my desktop is unreadable. I'll try doing this blind through keyboard strokes but I am not even sure anything is working.

Can this file be read after rebooting? Or must I capture it immediately after the crash to desktop?

Again, thanks for your help, folks.

-B

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 10:43 AM
To LRRPD,

Can you boot your PC in safe mode?

<CENTER>http://myimgs.com/data/snipe21/151500.php <CENTER>