PDA

View Full Version : Could we get another different ninja class in the future that is competitive? +idea

Sneaky-Patches
08-17-2017, 07:05 AM
But one that just has basic assasin attributes like dodge attack, a regular assasin guard, and no gimmicks like range attacks and range GB that are are kinda useless at above average levels of play. It was meant to be the high skill cap class but it really didn't turn out like that at all.

I'm coming at this from 24 reps of experience with the class, because I wanted to love it, but in my opinion it's got too many problems in the moveset to be
1) ever considered for competitive play
2) and fun in 4v4 due to a poor moveset to fight more than one person at a time.

No dodge attacks kills this class, and the double dash into kick into heavy takes to long and is super telegraphed and easy to trade hits against. This class ended up being the opposite of a high skill cap class because it relies entirely on its mixups winning the fight instead of good moves built to punish and capitalise on the enemies mistakes. A good example of a high skill ceiling class would be orochi (I'm not saying he's the best class, but a high skill ceiling class), as you can continually get better at that class due to getting better at feinting and punishing your enemy, and has great deflects and even some mixups from those deflects aswell. The better you are at reading your enemy, the better you can get at this class.

With Shinobi you just rely on the same mixups you learn at rep one, and hope the mixup is enough to beat your enemy. There's very little reactionary play with him, not saying there's none! Just very little... Proof? You often see level 10 shinobis beat rep 10+ shinobis all the time on console. It's because there is little to get better at... the absolute best can use deflects sure, but thats a tiny part of his kit, and not really enough to make a huge difference. Whereas with orochi, you will never see lvl10 beat a rep10+ because there is a high skill ceiling to the class.

Anyway, just a suggestion, but I'd love to see another ninja class, maybe with claws? But it would be great if it functioned similar to orochi.

--wouldn't be as strong as orochi damage wise, except certain moves ( deflect, shadowstep dash attack)

--This heroes strength could be excellent deflects. Similar shadow step deflects as shinobi. Could have a heavy deflect like orochi for huge damage, but make it dodgeable for the enemy, but also make it cancellable into a GB or into a dash into a mixup. Would have a heavy/light/ and kick deflect. Class gets a special bonus (like the way warden gets a crushing counter strike on top lights), this hero can deflect enemy unblockable attacks, with a double damage multiplier on the successful deflect attack. High risk high reward.

--single dodge attacks with wide slashes for group fighting.

--high damage- A double dodge into a jumping side slash, or forward jumping lunge attack that pins enemy to the ground for a second(with the forward jump only). (Would be very telegraphed like shinobis kick, consume a decent amount of stam aswell, but missing it would leave you open for a free GB for the enemy.)

-- standard jump heavy attack like PK.

This class would have mediocre lights, nowhere near as fast as PK. Maybe like orochi, have fast lights from one direction only, and the rest pretty stock standard.

-- A shadow step dash attack very similar to orochis storm rush. You can dodge back into a stance ready to dash, can be cancelled and feinted same as storm rush. The enemy can tell what (only hits from left, right attack, no top attack) side it's will hit due to whichever claw is raised on either side. Longer range than storm rush by about a meter .Once initiated the player immediately shadowsteps for 3-4 meters or so, and reappears at the end of the attack, can catch multiple people if they are in it's dash range (again like storm rush). It applies 50% regular damage and the other 50% as bleed damage. If the attack is blocked you will be knocked out of shadowstep and appear in front of the enemy. Stronger than orochis storm rush, but you don't get the free lights at the end (which would make orochis stronger overall).

Maybe another move or two, but moves based on countering and reading your enemies attacks, and then punishing them. Maybe one or two openers like glads toe stab.

I dunno, that's all I've thought as a loose idea, but I'd love to see a high risk high reward reactionary ninja hero, I just don't think shinobi really fit the bill on it. That said, they are obviously learning as a dev studios what is and isn't working, and what people enjoy playing with and against, and given how good and well thought out these new heroes are, would love to see another attempt at a ninja class. Thoughts?

Knight_Raime
08-17-2017, 10:32 AM
Ronin is the final dlc hero for the samurai that is with this first season pass.
rumored to dual wield katana's. And considering the current pattern of DLC heros ronin is going to be a hybrid.

Where as the other viking hero is going to be an assassin called the huntress.

FinnOfTheHorde
08-17-2017, 11:42 AM
I hope they will add Year 2 to this game <3

UbiNoty
08-18-2017, 01:15 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/W5nq1zh9Svpra/giphy.gif

We're always open to new hero ideas and I'd love to see a kitty-ninja in a future DLC so i'll pass it over :)

Antonioj26
08-18-2017, 01:26 AM
Ronin is the final dlc hero for the samurai that is with this first season pass.
rumored to dual wield katana's. And considering the current pattern of DLC heros ronin is going to be a hybrid.

Where as the other viking hero is going to be an assassin called the huntress.

I'm getting sick of assassins and hybrids that are essentially assassins, can we please get some more heavies and vanguards? Sick of all these shrimpy squishy wimps

Ianoneshot
08-18-2017, 01:39 AM
I'm getting sick of assassins and hybrids that are essentially assassins, can we please get some more heavies and vanguards? Sick of all these shrimpy squishy wimps

I got a vanguard class here.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1725914-MY-last-suggestion

Antonioj26
08-18-2017, 01:45 AM
I got a vanguard class here.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1725914-MY-last-suggestion

Too flimsy bro! I NEED POWER!!!!!

AnEnticingSquid
08-18-2017, 01:59 AM
Sounds like you should just play o rochi if you like him that much!

TheTKOShow
08-18-2017, 02:51 AM
Learn to deflect. If you do not know how to do this both in a 1v1 and in a 1v2
If you can't deflect play something else.
Closing in on 3k kills with the shinobi I know some things. You can't rely on kick 2 hvy bc it's slow af
But double dash to hvy is quick af

utar090
08-20-2017, 04:58 AM
I totally agree with you.

Knight_Raime
08-20-2017, 10:37 AM

Assassins are typically more fun from a design standpoint. Heavies are basically forgotten because either they are hilariously strong (warlord) or a joke (shugoki.) I don't imagine we will see a heavy until they manage to some how make the heavy design feel better.

Hybrids allow a lot of flexibility from a design standpoint. both highlander and centurion are vanguard hybrids. I'm not exactly sure what they could do for a new vanguard. warden is the definition of jack of all trades master of none. raider is the grapler. and kensei is the ranged one.

Sneaky-Patches
08-20-2017, 01:46 PM
Learn to deflect. If you do not know how to do this both in a 1v1 and in a 1v2
If you can't deflect play something else.
Closing in on 3k kills with the shinobi I know some things. You can't rely on kick 2 hvy bc it's slow af
But double dash to hvy is quick af

Ok I do know how to deflect though, that's why I asked for a hero based around a really good deflect.

TKO sorry but for the sake of defending myself here, I am much better than you statistically
https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/Salty_Sea-Dawg.

I'm just saying that there is a reason that shinobi is nowhere near the competitive scene, shinobis never even appeared anywhere even at entry level comps. Orochi has recently made it pretty far into winning. I'm not saying orochi doesn't need a little work or further balance, that's not what this thread is about, I'm just saying shinobi is one of the only heroes that has never once appeared near a competition, and it's because of his moveset.