PDA

View Full Version : A letter for Directors & Developer Team. Please consider reading this thread !

Strabun
08-16-2017, 09:41 PM
Could somebody explain to me please ! How is possible a major company like Ubisoft, who created so many wonderfull games like Assasin's Creed and many others, to fail us
When i first saw For Honor trailer, and gameplay i was so excited about it that i decided to buy it for my son's birthday who is 16 years old. He was so happy that i bought this game for him and i was also excited about it because i also bought it for me to play with him until morning like i used to play other games in my childhood...
But than many problems started to make us both frustrated, angry because we coudn't playd together, in a group. When i wanted to invite him i coudn't accepted he's invitation or vice versa....
Than another problems started to make us even more angry like: getting kicked in middle of game with a leaderscore of 15-3 and not reciveing any rewards and also getting a 15 min penalty...than anti-cheat started to kick us out for no reason...We haven't used any cheats at all...than match-makeing was so bad that we where fighting with lvl 0 reputation against people with 25+ reputation or more...and that's not all we encountered... problems like infinite loading screen and matches which didn't finished and restarted again and we coudn't fight properly because we coudn't target any enemy at all...Than after all this wonderfull adventure we managed to play a match without getting kicked because of peer to peer fail connection or of anti-cheat epic fail sistem...so we where happy we could play finally a match till all ended and we didn't recived nothing for playing a dominion game which we have won...nothing i mean no steel, no experience nothing....And than i started to make tickets to Ubisoft support to explain to them what is happeing with their faild game. From what i had understood from forum all members of support team and developer team where aware of this problem i had listed.
I wanted back my earned steel and experience and they gave me 3 days of champion status which really didn't compensated at all a full night game playing with my son....
Until they decided that i don't deserve to be compensated anymore for my game which i had loosed or won while playing lots of matches so i made another ticked and they told me to make print screen of my games i will play in future...but my games i had played they didn't counted....I don't think that is a normal behavior of a customer support team or a developer team... who are more focused in new content and trying to fool new people to join For Honor in stead of fixing major problems that still affects so many people while playing...I think they could resolve lots of them untill they will switch to dedicated servers... It will be a long procces to switch from peer to peer to dedicated servers..
There is such of lack in communication & transparency with For Honor Community that affects deeply our state of behavior...
So please consult community before you guys create new content, maps, caracters any other things. Because you might end up like many other games who people decided to leave them in their ignorance and go to other games that are better in many other ways...
I don't want to be a hater or something like that... i truly like, love this game but please do something about it !!!:mad:

AnEnticingSquid
08-16-2017, 10:28 PM
You won't get a reply because you talked bad about ubisoft. That's blasphemy if you didn't know...

Strabun
08-16-2017, 11:24 PM
I know they don't care about my thread but at least i did my job and told my story and this makes me feel better...I know that there is no point in telling them how much they faild us...because they already know it. But at least i made them feel how i felt when i got kicked 100+ and also not getting any reward back...

UbiNoty
08-16-2017, 11:50 PM
Hello,
Even if you have complaints and negative feedback, we will still respond. We appreciate feedback, both good and bad because both of them help us to improve moving forward.

To address a few of your concerns.
- If you're getting an easy anticheat error, you probably need to verify your game files. That usually does the trick.
- As for connection issues, yes, that is something our players can struggle with and our best suggestion is to reach out to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) so we can take a deeper look and see if there are any workarounds/solutions that we can offer to make it a bit better. I will say that we've been getting much better on the network stability front after the last big update yesterday so hopefully you will be feeling the effects of that as well.
- The 10 minute penalty should only occur after you've quit a game intentionally. If you received it in any situation other than that, or were forced to quit due to a bug on our side, I am deeply sorry and can only reassure you that our team is working to resolve those issues.

We do our very utmost to be as transparent and communicative as we can across all channels (forums, social media, reddit, the livestream). If you still feel that there are questions I have missed, or things you would like to have answered, please always feel free to message any of us and I will do my best to answer and help to the best of my ability.

Strabun
08-17-2017, 05:57 PM
Im glad you decided to respond to my thread. Thank you for your response.
But i am still confused regarding Developer-Team and Directors decisions.
In my opinion based on my 20 years of gaming i think it is unwise to take some decisions without consulting community feedback first. Is it that hard to make a pool with 10 warriors or more and ask people which warrior they want to be created in next season ? Or how could an entire team develop new characters, maps, weapons etc. without fixing major bugs that are 3 month old or more ?
How is that possible ?! I think that is a major concern in a bad decisions and organization within the team... Many other games like MMORPG game made same mistakes like Ubisoft For Honor Staff.
and all of them died slowly because none of them wanted to listen to community. So if you guys want to do something great with this game and still make a profit from it...please be wise and consult us first what we want !! Because without us you guys have worked for this game for nothing !

UbiNoty
08-18-2017, 12:18 AM
Im glad you decided to respond to my thread. Thank you for your response.
But i am still confused regarding Developer-Team and Directors decisions.
In my opinion based on my 20 years of gaming i think it is unwise to take some decisions without consulting community feedback first. Is it that hard to make a pool with 10 warriors or more and ask people which warrior they want to be created in next season ? Or how could an entire team develop new characters, maps, weapons etc. without fixing major bugs that are 3 month old or more ?
How is that possible ?! I think that is a major concern in a bad decisions and organization within the team... Many other games like MMORPG game made same mistakes like Ubisoft For Honor Staff.
and all of them died slowly because none of them wanted to listen to community. So if you guys want to do something great with this game and still make a profit from it...please be wise and consult us first what we want !! Because without us you guys have worked for this game for nothing !

I think you underestimate the work and time that goes into making new heroes. Months of careful research go into each of the heroes, not to mention art design, kit design - all these go through hundred of iterations before they are finalized. Not only that, I truly doubt that if we released a poll, we would ever see any kind of community consensus about which hero people want most.

As for the bugs, we do our best to resolve them as quickly as we can. Some bugs are more difficult to fix as they require deeper sleuthing into the code, some are intermittent and only occur under very specific conditions (which is why we love it when you can provide a video reproducing it), and some, there's just no good solution without potentially breaking something else. But we most assuredly do our best to fix them as quickly and efficiently as possible.