PDA

View Full Version : The Raider is overwhelming and annoying

roman_emperor85
08-16-2017, 12:47 PM
I know he's an easy to use character, but he requires next to no skill.

It makes no sense why he can counter with a stun, follow with a shoulder charge that traps you into a corner, and then deplete your stamina before he hacks away at you with heavy attacks. There has to be a breaking point somewhere.

It also makes no sense why he can shoulder charge out nowhere, knock you into a corner, and deplete your stamina and attack you with heavy attacks until you die.

The Raider shouldn't be able to stun you and deplete your stamina so easily. It's fine that he stuns you after a counter, but to leave you completely vulnerable because he depletes your stamina with 1 hit is too much. It shouldn't exist after a stun. He should be able to pin you in corner so easily.

There is no balance here. You get punished for attacking him and you get punished for defending against him.

The_Algerian
08-16-2017, 01:27 PM
Cancelling his unbreakable into a stun is also really funny.

And not in a good way.

I also really have no idea how anyone could ever have thought that having attacks that could deplete the opponent stamina a lot more than yours was anywhere near something that should ever be in a game intentionally.

The_B0G_
08-16-2017, 01:50 PM
I think the dumbest thing with the raider is how when he lifts you up and carries YOU, YOU lose stamina... Piggy back rides must be exhausting for children, I never realised.

Epiphone34
08-16-2017, 02:52 PM
I think the dumbest thing with the raider is how when he lifts you up and carries YOU, YOU lose stamina... Piggy back rides must be exhausting for children, I never realised.

Ahahahahaha. Probably one of the funniest things i have seen online in a while.

GMG Peter
08-16-2017, 04:00 PM

LOL man this made my day!! 😂 very true Btw

BudgetParrot118
08-16-2017, 04:18 PM
I honestly think they could do a better job with him his moves are basic and I feel like every other character has really an individual fighting style and the Raider could have more grappling options for combat but within reason not this insane s*** of charge and carry charge and carry and the whole map turns into as someone said already looks like a kid's birthday party with piggyback rides you'll see your teammate as you're being carried off by a Raider also being carried off by another Raider and it just becomes comical and utterly ridiculous

If that move was to be done it shouldn't be so easy and it should be strictly in combat you shouldn't be able to just lock on somebody unexpectedly and be able to hit that move and do it independently I don't believe that should be a possibility

Honestly I'd like to see more of a fighting style implemented when it comes to the Raider pushes grapples and all reasonably done kind of like gladiator

I honestly have no complaints with the new DLC and the characters they all have various points to where they can be downright unbeatable in the right hands but it isn't like Centurion where someone that has no experience with the game they played a few Story Mission modes and now they're able to wreck everybody in for Honor

Colosse_09
08-16-2017, 05:15 PM
Am I the only one thinking that it's completely your own fault for falling for a good Raider's mindgames? The Raider becomes good in the hands of a good player. Can anyone here not remember how bad the Raider was before he got his well-deserved buffs??

That_guy44
08-16-2017, 05:28 PM
His twirl in a circle into stampede charge was NOT a well deserved buff. Especially after they got rid of Shugokis charge of the oni. It's the same damn thing!

DEDLYG0D
08-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Am I the only one thinking that it's completely your own fault for falling for a good Raider's mindgames? The Raider becomes good in the hands of a good player. Can anyone here not remember how bad the Raider was before he got his well-deserved buffs??

I remember... I've been a Raider since day one. Not once did I complain about over powered characters and whine about the game being unbalanced. I learned how to use my character instead of having it handed to me on a silver platter. His buffs weren't even that big. Now I see posers all over the place trying to be a Raider and since this influx of popularity, all I see is people complaining how he is so over powered. Please send me back to how the Raider used to be and I will still smoke people on the battlefield. Hopefully all of these people will stop playing Raider and we can be unique again.

SplugeKing
08-16-2017, 06:23 PM

This. He is where he should be right now. His capabilities are no better than any of the other top original heroes.

AnEnticingSquid
08-16-2017, 10:43 PM
" Attack you to death by heavy attacks.". Yep... You lost me there. If you are consistently getting hit by heavies it is 100% your fault and not the games. As for stampede charge, it is stupid and will most likely be removed because the devs realise what a complete lack of intelligence that move was. Other than that he is high mid tier at best. If you really think he is o.o then jump in and play him a few rounds and you will see his stark limitations.

UbiNoty
08-16-2017, 11:24 PM

It makes no sense why he can counter with a stun, follow with a shoulder charge that traps you into a corner, and then deplete your stamina before he hacks away at you with heavy attacks. There has to be a breaking point somewhere.

It also makes no sense why he can shoulder charge out nowhere, knock you into a corner, and deplete your stamina and attack you with heavy attacks until you die.

The Raider shouldn't be able to stun you and deplete your stamina so easily. It's fine that he stuns you after a counter, but to leave you completely vulnerable because he depletes your stamina with 1 hit is too much. It shouldn't exist after a stun. He should be able to pin you in corner so easily.

There is no balance here. You get punished for attacking him and you get punished for defending against him.

ty for the feedback. As we go about balancing heroes to update them for the recently released and future defense meta changes, we are being considerate about stamina and how it interacts with the heroes so I'll pass this back over to the team.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
08-17-2017, 12:22 AM
The logic of being carried costing more stamina than carrying someone...

https://media0.giphy.com/media/BBAdXxBAXp3wc/giphy.gif

RoosterIlluzion
08-17-2017, 12:34 AM

I see what you did there with the three-peat description of his attacks. Haha
Seriously, he & warlord are more cancerous than Warden but people sure crucified him and had him nerfed.

Netcode_err_404
08-17-2017, 12:40 AM
Raider needs his stampede heavily nerfed as it was before, that ability is meant to cath off guard unaware people, not to be used in 1v1 as cheese run. Shugoki got a nerf for this, but for some resons, raiders are fine.

When you have nerfed his stampede he is perfect. Just one ting i would nerf and its his damage stack with self perk + buff damage power up.

If he got that double buff one heavy does 80 + damage.