PDA

View Full Version : Galdiator the new Valk 2.0!

My.Insanity
08-16-2017, 10:58 AM
first of all.. i wanna say good work with the new characters.. they look balanced and i dont have the feeling they are OP like the Cent (which still needs a huge nerf).

Back to the Topic.

I want an answer from the Devs if there are any plans on completly rework the Valk? Because the Gladiator is a much better version of her.

for example:

Glad and Valk can bothe use dash attacks in all directions (which could be easy punished by block and GB)
Glad have a 4xLight combo which can be canceld at any time into a heavy finisher or a toe stab / Valk need 2x light combo to do anything
Glad have an unblockable heavy pin attack which leads to bleed dmg and can move the enemy / Valk need to deflect and use heavy near the same time for nearly no bleed dmg
Glad have his unblockable punches which could be followed by a heavy / Valk has a shieldbash which leads into nothing except a speersweep
Glad have more dmg with his heavys then the Valk
Glad can toe stab enemys who are OOS to bring them to fall / Valk has a great OOS punishment but if you cant GB the enemy its useless.

The only real difference between these Characters is that Valk has more HP (110), a normal guard stance and can use a backdash into full guard.
In all other Points the Gladiator is better!

So i wanna say it again.. i like the new Characters... they are NOT OP... but please Devs give me an answer why i should play my Rep 25 Valk???

Knight_Raime
08-16-2017, 11:50 AM
In my opinion (not a big valk person so keep that in mind) one isn't clearly better than the other.
For the most part on console your light light is guaranteed. I also believe valk in general has better punishes.
her sweep vortex/mix up in my opinion seems better than anything glad can do combo wise.

Glad seems more like a poke/react person and less on comboing. (for 1v1 at least)
where as valk seems more of a punish combo character.

My.Insanity
08-16-2017, 12:43 PM
On PC it doesnt rly matter.. because your 2nd light attack will always get parryed... so the Valk has nearly no chance to get in her full Combo... while the Gladiator can easy use a heavy after his attacks and cancel them into GB or a parry.

Chili_Reis
08-16-2017, 03:01 PM
While Valk needs some love some stuff just isn't true.

Valk's shoulder pin guaranteed a dodge attack the last time i checked it for a total of 41 damage. This is higher than Gladiators deflect without a wall.
Also Gladiators punch doesn't guarantee anything like Valk's shieldbash. But at least the punch stuns and drains stamina.

But you are right about the chains. They are like a punch in the face for every Valk player. Being able to feint the second attack in a chain is what I always wanted on Valk.
That and some fixes to close to useless abilities like the backdodge into full guard. It already has to be used on prediction why can't it guarantee something?
And why doesn't the shieldbash stun, drain stamina or guarantee a light? It's a free gb when dodged but most of the time nobody cares and just eats it to parry the light after for free damage.

She has decent punishes on low or oos opponents out of gb. With the parry changes even this will diasappear.

Finally: Fix the damned shoulder pin and make it unblockable!

My.Insanity
08-16-2017, 06:16 PM
i didnt said the Gladiator get something guaranteed out of his punch.. i said he could follow up with a heavy.. which is a combo.. which could be fainted or somthing else.. the Valk has no combo after her shieldbash except for a speersweep which is easy punished.

So overall i think the Gladiator is saver to play then Valk.

XxHunterHxX
08-16-2017, 08:27 PM
metal you already know that they make the season pass caracters more "interesting" to make you buy the season pass or force you to play the game alot and farm steel so you can buy them....eather way this is ubi what can you do....and by now you already can see the new caracters its just a combo of old caracters.....

gladiator is valkiri reskined as a male.....with a few better moves

and highlander is kensei's unblockable feat combined with warden and the kick from gladiator.....

the only new thing about a caracter was Shinobi with the range atacks other then that they just reskin stuff...

DitosX
08-16-2017, 09:05 PM
I agree that new heroes are well balanced,
but the gladiators leg stab or what ever you call it is really strong.
My main concerne with it is that it staggers opponent for a moment giving
others a chance to kill him, but even more that it can be used to kill low HP
opponents with near to none resistance.

Chili_Reis
08-16-2017, 09:54 PM
It is 600ms and rewards a gb on dodge though.
The range is pretty ****ty too.
Why shouldn't it kill? It is needed so people don't just turtle through their critical health.
This game needs more block counters. Just gb isn't enough as everyone can see on berserker.

My.Insanity
08-16-2017, 10:12 PM
metal you already know that they make the season pass caracters more "interesting" to make you buy the season pass or force you to play the game alot and farm steel so you can buy them....eather way this is ubi what can you do....and by now you already can see the new caracters its just a combo of old caracters.....

gladiator is valkiri reskined as a male.....with a few better moves

and highlander is kensei's unblockable feat combined with warden and the kick from gladiator.....

the only new thing about a caracter was Shinobi with the range atacks other then that they just reskin stuff...

yes thats ture... im a little bit sad that Ubisoft already copy Heros and give them 2 new moves so they are "completly new ones"..

Gladiator is a better Valk ... and Centurio is a better Disabler then Valk... i dont see 1 reason to stick with my Main Hero <.<

Linnix1
08-16-2017, 10:15 PM
That beautiful voice of hers?

UbiNoty
08-17-2017, 12:03 AM
Hm, I don't know about a total rework, and I do think there are still noticeable differences between Valkyrie's kit and gladiator's kit. But I can certainly make note of your comparisons to show to the team to think about - perhaps we can look to find even better ways to make them more distinguishable from each other so there's less perceived overlap.