PDA

View Full Version : When are they nerfing conqueror?

JohnnyCacao
08-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Anybody know? It's time this **** class gets what it deserves. It would be stupid to release ranked before they fix this ********

fretti21
08-14-2017, 11:50 AM
You sir must be high as f*. whats left to nerf in him may i ask?

Manlorey
08-14-2017, 12:17 PM
It seems there are many posts from, may I say, newbies (at least according to their arguments) like this lately, and its always the same - nerf this, nerf that. Seriously, people need to be more patient and learn the game and various heroes moves before they run on the forums with the "nerf-everything" cry.

JohnnyCacao
08-14-2017, 01:52 PM

Well, since I've been maining cent for the past few weeks I've had the bad experience of playing against many conquerors. I can even say you are the noob here because you fail to see how a turtling conqueror is unbeatable against a centurion. I am using centurion as an example because that's what my most recent experience has been with.

Tell me, how can I beat him when all he does is dash and shield bash which is unpunishable by me? Am I the only one who finds it hilarious how people say centurion is broken when, while he is good, everything he does is at the very least punishable. And there is that ***** of a character who has a move which I can't punish - so what does he do? He just does it over and over again. Yes I can react to it and dodge but for what when I can't punish it? Every good conqueror I have had the pleasure of versing just turtles whole game. He has superior block which makes things even worse. This character needs to be removed from the game completely or reworked from the ground

JohnnyCacao
08-14-2017, 01:56 PM
It seems there are many posts from, may I say, newbies (at least according to their arguments) like this lately, and its always the same - nerf this, nerf that. Seriously, people need to be more patient and learn the game and various heroes moves before they run on the forums with the "nerf-everything" cry.

Well, since I've been maining cent for the past few weeks I've had the bad experience of playing against many conquerors. I can even say you are the noob here because you fail to see how a turtling conqueror is unbeatable against a centurion. I am using centurion as an example because that's what my most recent experience has been with.

Tell me, how can I beat him when all he does is dash and shield bash which is unpunishable by me? Am I the only one who finds it hilarious how people say centurion is broken when, while he is good, everything he does is at the very least punishable. And there is that ***** of a character who has a move which I can't punish - so what does he do? He just does it over and over again. Yes I can react to it and dodge but for what when I can't punish it? Every good conqueror I have had the pleasure of versing just turtles whole game. He has superior block which makes things even worse. This character needs to be removed from the game completely or reworked from the ground

Trbevis
08-14-2017, 01:58 PM
Wow hahahhahaha this thread. Out of all of the heroes to choose from being op you choose conquerer? So a conquerer beat you... somehow, and you got angry and went to the forums. Next time take a loss and move on. The devolopers have even said they are waiting for the defence meta to decide how to improve conquerer. So he clearly doesnt need a nerf.

Also if youre maining cent and having problems with that, that doesnt help your argument, as a potato can do well with centurion.

S0Mi_xD
08-14-2017, 02:10 PM

Yep, Conqu also needs specific nerfs, not only buffs.

What i am talking about is the superior block on just normal blocking. It is to much and needs to be limited.
Conqu gets a free GB for just blocking heavies.

1. One way to do so would be to make it like, if you switch gueard direction for some frame a superior block will appear (similar to sup block on heavy attacks)
2. A better way would be, if you double tap in one guard direction a short superior block will appear.

Such a change would raise the skill cap of Conqu, and balance out the superior block.

But on the other side he needs a good offensive buff, because his only effective offense is SB.

Conqueror is a really strong hero, but only in his defensive aspects.

RatedChaotic
08-14-2017, 02:27 PM
Are you seriously having issues breaking turtles with a turtle breaker? Epic........lol

SB is not his only effective move. L2P. It may be that way for pc. But for console not so much. Using SB to mix in his light attack chain can be very deadly on console. Not only that but using his charged heavy is tricky to connect with. Its why I start it at a decent range. Miss first swing switch direction comeback with another swing into SB light attack chain. He has the tools to be agressive. Just no one uses them or dont know how to.

Most players think you can dodge and gb him. But if you played the conq long enough you'll know that its not guaranteed. Theres a small window near right before the SB ends where you quickly throw a light out to stop that gb. Its very hard to do and takes practice. You'll know when you do it correctly. There will be a blue glint of light and the guy gbing you will bounce off. On console anyway.

CandleInTheDark
08-14-2017, 02:32 PM
Yep, Conqu also needs specific nerfs, not only buffs.

What i am talking about is the superior block on just normal blocking. It is to much and needs to be limited.
Conqu gets a free GB for just blocking heavies.

1. One way to do so would be to make it like, if you switch gueard direction for some frame a superior block will appear (similar to sup block on heavy attacks)
2. A better way would be, if you double tap in one guard direction a short superior block will appear.

Such a change would raise the skill cap of Conqu, and balance out the superior block.

But on the other side he needs a good offensive buff, because his only effective offense is SB.

Conqueror is a really strong hero, but only in his defensive aspects.

Yeah the devs pretty much said he needs a rework because right now he is strong but his only viable way of attacking is superior block, in 4v4, I can hold zone for a good while with conqueror but I am holding it waiting for someone to get one of the opponents off my back. At the same time though if someone maining the main turtle breaker, who should be able to give anyone being passive trouble, is having problems then that particular case is a learn to play issue.

Vakris_One
08-14-2017, 02:34 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/giphy.gif

This thread is hilarious. Out of all the characters to call for a nerf, the Conqueror? Much like the Kensei there's nothing left of him to nerf. If you are encountering good players using the Conqueror you are losing to them because they are better than you, not because their class is broken or anything.

As a Centurion you have some of the best turtle breaking tools in the game at your disposal.
- Kick him to drain stamina
- Grab him then drain his stamina with 3 consecutive pummels
- Feint your heavy into guardbreak
- Charge your heavies into unblockables or delay them enough to get past his parry attempts. If you pin him with a heavy then follow up with a guarranteed uppercut that will put him on the ground if he's out of stamina, then do the Centurion's favourite party trick.
- Parry any strikes he throws and get a free stamina drain knee to the face as well as a regular perry punish such as either a guardbreak, light or heavy hit.
- Get him up against a wall and go to town. Don't forget to use lube.

The Conqueror's primary moves such as the shield bash drain a lot of stamina. He has to turtle because he literally cannot go aggressive for longer than 4-5 seconds at a time otherwise he puts himself into the out of stamina state. A Centurion is one of the characters that can punish the Conqueror the most, you just need practice.

S0Mi_xD
08-14-2017, 02:41 PM
Yeah the devs pretty much said he needs a rework because right now he is strong but his only viable way of attacking is superior block, in 4v4, I can hold zone for a good while with conqueror but I am holding it waiting for someone to get one of the opponents off my back. At the same time though if someone maining the main turtle breaker, who should be able to give anyone being passive trouble, is having problems then that particular case is a learn to play issue.

Yep, he really needs some looks.
Yeah thats the problem, his counterattacks are "superior" (haha get it :'D )
But his normal offense is just terrible.

yeah.. the OPs problem isn't really the Conqu, its more his own lack of skill and experience.

fretti21
08-14-2017, 03:12 PM
Sorry that i main conq but i also have but 6 reps to centurion. Any one that throws heavies at conq serves to get punished, conq is very limited char only good in him is defence and you really have to play mind games to get in hits, hes attacks are slow and easy blocks and parries on ps4. But it seems that you play as many other cents play, spam heavies and and then cry about conq gb your butt.

CandleInTheDark
08-14-2017, 04:49 PM
Sorry that i main conq but i also have but 6 reps to centurion. Any one that throws heavies at conq serves to get punished, conq is very limited char only good in him is defence and you really have to play mind games to get in hits, hes attacks are slow and easy blocks and parries on ps4. But it seems that you play as many other cents play, spam heavies and and then cry about conq gb your butt.

The number of spammed heavies I have eaten from centurions when I have dodged everything else I would guess that is it.

JohnnyCacao
08-14-2017, 04:55 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/giphy.gif

This thread is hilarious. Out of all the characters to call for a nerf, the Conqueror? Much like the Kensei there's nothing left of him to nerf. If you are encountering good players using the Conqueror you are losing to them because they are better than you, not because their class is broken or anything.

As a Centurion you have some of the best turtle breaking tools in the game at your disposal.
- Kick him to drain stamina
- Grab him then drain his stamina with 3 consecutive pummels
- Feint your heavy into guardbreak
- Charge your heavies into unblockables or delay them enough to get past his parry attempts. If you pin him with a heavy then follow up with a guarranteed uppercut that will put him on the ground if he's out of stamina, then do the Centurion's favourite party trick.
- Parry any strikes he throws and get a free stamina drain knee to the face as well as a regular perry punish such as either a guardbreak, light or heavy hit.
- Get him up against a wall and go to town. Don't forget to use lube.

The Conqueror's primary moves such as the shield bash drain a lot of stamina. He has to turtle because he literally cannot go aggressive for longer than 4-5 seconds at a time otherwise he puts himself into the out of stamina state. A Centurion is one of the characters that can punish the Conqueror the most, you just need practice.

I don't know what kind of noobs you are playing against but my opponents can reliably react to the kick which pretty much ruins the whole OOS game. Also can you explain what are you saying by "Charge your heavies into unblockables or delay them enough to get past his parry attempts"? Oh, and good luck getting anything out of the unblockable soft feint. Good players never fall for that thing.

Linnix1
08-14-2017, 05:15 PM
This is literally a man who can't open a oyster with a oyster knife. How the hell is this even possible

Vakris_One
08-14-2017, 05:57 PM
I don't know what kind of noobs you are playing against but my opponents can reliably react to the kick which pretty much ruins the whole OOS game. Also can you explain what are you saying by "Charge your heavies into unblockables or delay them enough to get past his parry attempts"? Oh, and good luck getting anything out of the unblockable soft feint. Good players never fall for that thing.
Cent's kick is indeed very telegraphed when the opponent knows what to look for so that is why it should only be done when you can guarrantee that it will hit them such as when you have dodged a shield bash, parried the opponent, or they are cornered by two walls or they have missed a guard break on you. The Cent has other more effective ways of draining stamina however, such as pinning opponents into walls or by landing his fully charged unblockable heavy which guarrantees a stamina draining uppercut.

What I mean by delaying your charged heavies is that you can alternate how long you charge your heavy attack for in order to make it more of a guessing game as to when your opponent can expect the attack to hit them. For example you can throw out a quick heavy by just tapping the button or you can hold down the button to fully charge your heavy and make it unblockable (although high level players will always parry that). But you can also charge it only for a short amount of time and then release it, which confuses the opponent who was expecting either the quick heavy or to parry the fully charged unblockable.

Here are two very informative guides on everything the Centurion can do and when it is best to do it.

Reavyne's Advanced Cent Guide:
https://youtu.be/3DtbTcHfKkA

JBirse's Advanced Tips and Optimal Cent Guide:
https://youtu.be/QNyg7l7Ucyk

ZUNniK.
08-14-2017, 08:16 PM
Conq is simply a bad matchup for cent. Cent relies much on his heavies and conq destroys heroes starting mixups/combos with heavies. If you up against a conq you should focus on your lights and your light parry punish. There are dozens of bad matchups in the game, for example Warden< Raider, Zerk < Conq, The whole Roster < Warlord ;) So you have to simply outplay them. This takes skill. No Nerfs. There are plenty others to nerf, but Conq not. He needs a rework, but not because hes OP. He is simply fu++ing limited in his options/moveset.

dragon7jdc
08-14-2017, 08:45 PM
ubi soft is planing to nerf ay hero that beats centurion. so guys becarful how you play against centurion. we dont want more nerfs to our heros lol.

CandleInTheDark
08-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Right because it was nothing to do with the fact that a guy found a way to make his attack quicker than it should be when the stated intent of the devs is that moves should have the same properties unlocked as they are locked and cheesed his way through the whole tournament with that.

In before must be a cent main, not a single fight with him.

JohnnyCacao
08-14-2017, 09:01 PM
Conq is simply a bad matchup for cent. Cent relies much on his heavies and conq destroys heroes starting mixups/combos with heavies. If you up against a conq you should focus on your lights and your light parry punish. There are dozens of bad matchups in the game, for example Warden< Raider, Zerk < Conq, The whole Roster < Warlord ;) So you have to simply outplay them. This takes skill. No Nerfs. There are plenty others to nerf, but Conq not. He needs a rework, but not because hes OP. He is simply fu++ing limited in his options/moveset.

Finally someone on my level of understanding of the game. But back on topic, this really just proves my point. This game has way too many one sided matchups. I am not even saying conqueror is OP, it's just that he is either broken or terrible depending on the match up. In the case of the Centurion a good conqueror will never lose to a Cent. This is why I also made this thread. He definitely needs a hard rework...

Vakris_One
08-14-2017, 11:14 PM
Finally someone on my level of understanding of the game. But back on topic, this really just proves my point. This game has way too many one sided matchups. I am not even saying conqueror is OP, it's just that he is either broken or terrible depending on the match up. In the case of the Centurion a good conqueror will never lose to a Cent. This is why I also made this thread. He definitely needs a hard rework...
If you start thinking that there is nothing you can do to prevent losing against another character then all you will do is lose against that character. I main Kensei, one of the most screwed over characters in all of For Honor, and yet I can often hold my own and even win against most of the players I come across because I accumulated experience and knowledge from every loss. Right now the Beserker is the only character class that can frequently dismantle me as if I were a total noob because I haven't figured out how to consistently handle his bag of tricks yet. When I do that character won't be such a fearful opponent for me anymore.

Player skill and familiarity with their chosen hero plays a big part in matchups. If you want to main a certain character then be prepared to learn their ins and outs and be prepared to work twice as hard as your opponent who you think might have an advantage over you. Focus on your game and improving your ability and knowledge of your chosen hero and you will have a less frustrating time. In the meantime the developers will be doing their thing with meta changes and balance passes but that hard earned skill and mastery of your hero will always remain with you.

CandleInTheDark
08-15-2017, 12:06 AM
If you start thinking that there is nothing you can do to prevent losing against another character then all you will do is lose against that character. I main Kensei, one of the most screwed over characters in all of For Honor, and yet I can often hold my own and even win against most of the players I come across because I accumulated experience and knowledge from every loss. Right now the Beserker is the only character class that can frequently dismantle me as if I were a total noob because I haven't figured out how to consistently handle his bag of tricks yet. When I do that character won't be such a fearful opponent for me anymore.

Player skill and familiarity with their chosen hero plays a big part in matchups. If you want to main a certain character then be prepared to learn their ins and outs and be prepared to work twice as hard as your opponent who you think might have an advantage over you. Focus on your game and improving your ability and knowledge of your chosen hero and you will have a less frustrating time. In the meantime the developers will be doing their thing with meta changes and balance passes but that hard earned skill and mastery of your hero will always remain with you.

Exactly this. my worst matchup by far when I am playing my main is, ironically enough, kensei, but if I think oh my god another kensei I have lost before I have begun (and I can't even blame it on him being op, it's just a screwy matchup for me lol). Those are the times I have to focus all the more, watch his every move, remember that his dodge attacks come from the opposite side to which he is going so I can at least discourage him using those early, watch for the redirects and remember that hey, I have beaten a few before.

UbiJurassic
08-15-2017, 01:48 AM
Anybody know? It's time this **** class gets what it deserves. It would be stupid to release ranked before they fix this ********

At this time, there are no plans to nerf Conqueror. If you are having trouble fighting Conqueror, I'd suggest asking other players here for advice on how best to deal with him. Were you using mainly Centurion to fight him?

ArchDukeInstinct
08-15-2017, 03:00 AM

Really? You main centurion and you're going to call conqueror OP?

Tell me, how can I beat him when all he does is dash and shield bash which is unpunishable by me?

How can you complain about dash into shield bash when centurion's kick does even more than shield bash? You get a free light and stamina drain just like a shield bash and you also temporarily disable the player's indicators for the enemies attack direction on top of it.

Also as a conqueror you can hardly punish a kick, the only thing you got is dodge and shield bash, the thing you're complaining about remember?

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious how people say centurion is broken when, while he is good, everything he does is at the very least punishable.

Well jeez how dare this character that has the weakest heavies in the game not be as easily punished as a character that can drain all of your stamina and take half of your health in one combo.

There's a perfectly good reason why a conqueror would turtle against a centurion, one parry near a wall starts a sequence of events where you are guaranteed to take roughly half of their health.

And there is that ***** of a character who has a move which I can't punish - so what does he do? He just does it over and over again. Yes I can react to it and dodge but for what when I can't punish it?

Except he'll just run out of stamina while accomplishing nothing so who cares? Guess what you can't punish a guard break on reaction either *GASPS*

He has superior block which makes things even worse. This character needs to be removed from the game completely or reworked from the ground

Centurion has absolutely destroyed 4v4 and you're calling for removal of conqueror just because you can't punish one of their moves that you have a better equivalent of as a centurion???

JohnnyCacao
08-15-2017, 08:00 AM
Really? You main centurion and you're going to call conqueror OP?

How can you complain about dash into shield bash when centurion's kick does even more than shield bash? You get a free light and stamina drain just like a shield bash and you also temporarily disable the player's indicators for the enemies attack direction on top of it.

Also as a conqueror you can hardly punish a kick, the only thing you got is dodge and shield bash, the thing you're complaining about remember?

Well jeez how dare this character that has the weakest heavies in the game not be as easily punished as a character that can drain all of your stamina and take half of your health in one combo.

There's a perfectly good reason why a conqueror would turtle against a centurion, one parry near a wall starts a sequence of events where you are guaranteed to take roughly half of their health.

Except he'll just run out of stamina while accomplishing nothing so who cares? Guess what you can't punish a guard break on reaction either *GASPS*

Centurion has absolutely destroyed 4v4 and you're calling for removal of conqueror just because you can't punish one of their moves that you have a better equivalent of as a centurion???

If this post wasn't enough to spot a conqueror main, you just proved it 100% with your profile pic.

I guess the responses I get from most people here tend to be on a lower level than mine. First off, I don't play and neither do I care about 4v4. And, personally, I don't think a game should be balanced based on the 4v4 mode. Conqueror has pretty much the same tool as the centurion's kick which is what actually makes him good in 4v4.

If you took your time to to read through your hero's moveset you wouldn't have come here unprepared. Your lovely main has something called superior block. This pretty much ruins or limits substantially any attempt for aggression by your opponent. This thing called superior block persists into the OOS state and makes it very hard, or in case of a good conqueror, impossible to make use of the state. Furthermore, you say the kick of the Cent is better when it obviously isn't. It might be slightly better in a few aspects, but what makes it a balanced move for both is the fact once you manage to react to it you can GB the centurion and deal damage, depending on your hero, equal to 3 - 5 kicks worth of damage. So what does one do when he has an unpunishable move which he can repeat over and over again? He repeats the move over and over again.

"Weakest heavies in the game" Are you saying conquerors can attack? Last time a conqueror attacked me was the last time I beat one. Unless they are one of those abusing *****s who have an orgy of indicators before each attack.

I know most people here, new players especially, would disagree with me on this but currently, the most balanced heroes are Warlord and Centurion. The fact Centurion is the most recent addition from Ubisoft just goes to show developers actually understand the game unlike most of the community. Also, when I say balanced, don't straight jump on me as if I am saying they aren't good. Centurion and Warlord are actually one of the best heroes in the game, BUT THEY ARE BALANCED. They don't have matchups in which they can't lose. They don't have moves which can't be countered. They can't spam the same move the whole game and expect to win. In short, they are fun to both play with and against (that is if you understand the game). They make up for fun games where you need to outplay your opponent in order to win. That's what the game should be about and not who can spam his move better and who has more patience to turtle. The latter being the ingame description of the conqueror.

RatedChaotic
08-15-2017, 08:12 AM
At this time, there are no plans to nerf Conqueror. If you are having trouble fighting Conqueror, I'd suggest asking other players here for advice on how best to deal with him. Were you using mainly Centurion to fight him?

This....

Mia.Nora
08-15-2017, 08:16 AM
Having difficulty vs Conqueror?

Do NOT spam heavies! /rocketscience

Man.. That was tough..

fretti21
08-15-2017, 09:19 AM
Having difficulty vs Conqueror?

Do NOT spam heavies! /rocketscience

Man.. That was tough..
No no no we are just mere noobs, we cant teach him nothing that he havent all ready figured out him self.

Vakris_One
08-15-2017, 10:54 AM
No no no we are just mere noobs, we cant teach him nothing that he havent all ready figured out him self.
Yeah, it really is becoming very hard to take the OP seriously when they keep saying most people responding tend to be "on a lower level than mine" and yet he is the one struggling to utilise the ultimate turtle breaker against Conq. He seems to have convinced himself that there couldn't possibly be anything he could be doing better and it must mean that Conqueror is broken and must be deleted because it gives a Centurion constipation.

@OP, how about posting a breakdown of what you are doing against a Conqueror and then asking some Centurion mains for help. So far you have given very little indication as to what you are struggling with other than his shield bash.

ArchDukeInstinct
08-17-2017, 04:08 AM
If this post wasn't enough to spot a conqueror main, you just proved it 100% with your profile pic.

Congrats, Sherlock Holmes. While you can discover something that nobody ever tried to hide, it's too bad you can't deduce how to beat a bottom tier class. Of course this initial statement by you is nothing more than a very obvious attempt to poison the well and you should work on hiding that better next time.

I guess the responses I get from most people here tend to be on a lower level than mine.

And yet here you are, struggling against a bottom tier class while playing one of the best.

First off, I don't play and neither do I care about 4v4. And, personally, I don't think a game should be balanced based on the 4v4 mode.Conqueror has pretty much the same tool as the centurion's kick which is what actually makes him good in 4v4.

Well that's great but my point with mentioning the centurion's effects on 4v4 was to illustrate how ridiculous you sound trying to get conqueror removed from the game just because you have a bad matchup against them, meanwhile you main a class has crippled an entire game mode.

If you took your time to to read through your hero's moveset you wouldn't have come here unprepared. Your lovely main has something called superior block. This pretty much ruins or limits substantially any attempt for aggression by your opponent. This thing called superior block persists into the OOS state and makes it very hard, or in case of a good conqueror, impossible to make use of the state.

If you're finished droning on about how superior block is the best thing since sliced bread, I would like to interject and say that nobody here claimed or inferred that conqueror didn't have great defense. It's actually the whole point of the character if you took the time to read what the character screen says.

Conqueror is hardly unique with being pretty safe while out of stamina, pretty much every assassin just has to keep dodging back and they'll be fine.

Furthermore, you say the kick of the Cent is better when it obviously isn't. It might be slightly better in a few aspects, but what makes it a balanced move for both is the fact once you manage to react to it you can GB the centurion and deal damage, depending on your hero, equal to 3 - 5 kicks worth of damage. So what does one do when he has an unpunishable move which he can repeat over and over again? He repeats the move over and over again.

Except if all they do is shield bash over and over then you just anticipate the next one coming and throw a light attack as the move starts. It's pretty simple actually, they'll stop doing it if there's a good chance they'll just get hit by a light.

"Weakest heavies in the game" Are you saying conquerors can attack? Last time a conqueror attacked me was the last time I beat one. Unless they are one of those abusing *****s who have an orgy of indicators before each attack.

Haven't you ever thought that maybe they don't attack because their attacks are really slow and easy to parry and if you parry them near a wall you get a guaranteed combo that takes half of their health? Maybe that's the problem?

I know most people here, new players especially, would disagree with me on this but currently, the most balanced heroes are Warlord and Centurion. The fact Centurion is the most recent addition from Ubisoft just goes to show developers actually understand the game unlike most of the community. Also, when I say balanced, don't straight jump on me as if I am saying they aren't good. Centurion and Warlord are actually one of the best heroes in the game, BUT THEY ARE BALANCED. They don't have matchups in which they can't lose. They don't have moves which can't be countered. They can't spam the same move the whole game and expect to win. In short, they are fun to both play with and against (that is if you understand the game). They make up for fun games where you need to outplay your opponent in order to win. That's what the game should be about and not who can spam his move better and who has more patience to turtle. The latter being the ingame description of the conqueror.

It is truly awe inspiring, how out of all the possibilities, you pick warlord as one of your two most balanced characters and then in the same paragraph you go on to complain about how this game shouldn't be spamming one move and turtling. This is why everyone is laughing at you. You're so out of touch with this game.

For some odd reason, despite how OP you think conquerors are, where are all of them in the tournaments? It seems to me like there's a ton of warlords in those tournaments though. These tournaments must be full with low level players that are simply clueless to how amazing conquerors are.