PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Worst AC protagonist

guest-5rir8GDV
08-14-2017, 12:32 AM
http://www.strawpoll.me/13696335

What do you think?

strigoi1958
08-14-2017, 12:49 AM
It's a little vague.... people could dislike Connor simply because they wanted another Ezio game, or dislike Arno simply because they didn't like the doomed to fail romance, or dislike the Fryes because there are 2 of them or simply because they are English, or dislike Altair because AC1 had the basis for potential but was slightly repetitive... you could have asked "least liked protagonist story" or "least liked protagonist skills weapons" or even "least liked protagonist personality" so it was more focused. Or you could simply have posted a poll here so people could at least state the reason for disliking a protagonist (even if it is for a bizarre reason ;) )

LoyalACFan
08-14-2017, 03:46 AM
Jacob Frye. No question.

onzirTbu
08-14-2017, 10:12 AM
Shay. No question

joshoolhorst
08-14-2017, 11:23 AM
Arno Dorian

cawatrooper9
08-14-2017, 02:26 PM
Wow, I knew Jacob has lost a lot of favor lately, but I didn't know that he downright eclipsed Arno. That's interesting.

Also, Shay is way lower on this list than I expected, and that makes me happy.

AnimusLover
08-14-2017, 03:03 PM
Shay.

I didn't like Arno because whatever personality he had at the beginning seemed to be dropped due to not spending enough time with him before he was an Assassin and cut scenes being too short.
I didn't like Edward as a person because he was a greedy, backstabbing ****** that faced no consequences but at least he was written consistently.
But Shay's entire character "development", if you can even call it that, makes no sense. I still can't tell you why he decided being a Templar was better than being an Assassin.

LoyalACFan
08-14-2017, 08:14 PM
Shay would have been okay if his "conversion" wasn't literally just a letter from Monro saying "yo, you're a Templar now, dawg." I actually liked Shay as a person in the beginning of the game (which is more than I can say for Jacob) but it's just that his character arc was practically nonexistent.

cawatrooper9
08-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Shay would have been okay if his "conversion" wasn't literally just a letter from Monro saying "yo, you're a Templar now, dawg." I actually liked Shay as a person in the beginning of the game (which is more than I can say for Jacob) but it's just that his character arc was practically nonexistent.

Yeah, I think I really like the idea of Shay, which is why I defend him so much- but how he was handled in the game was pretty clumsy.

SixKeys
08-14-2017, 10:58 PM
Shay. Surprised Jacob has such a lead.

AnimusLover
08-14-2017, 11:13 PM

So am I. Would be interested to know why. His lack of depth works for him as that's one of the attributes - he doesn't think, is short sighted and just enjoys chaos. He's basically a thug.

Kiroku
08-14-2017, 11:57 PM
Jacob. I dont even think he knows about the assassins idealism lol.

"We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Yeah so lets get a gang and play "gangs of new york - like in the movie (i know its america)". Fighting everywhere in London and tell everyone we are assassins! Paaarty

Xstantin
08-15-2017, 05:03 AM
Shay imo.

Assassin_M
08-15-2017, 06:36 AM
It's a tie between Evie and Shay. Don't really know why everyone hates Jacob. He wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible.

Fatal-Feit
08-15-2017, 08:43 AM
I voted for Evie because I found her character to be very, very boring. The lack of conflict and character development made her less memorable than Jacob. Though, I do prefer her character design more.

crusader_prophet
08-15-2017, 02:27 PM
Jacob, the stinkhole. He managed to be more cringy than Arno, now that's somethin'.

OxIdOAC
08-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Connor.....

cawatrooper9
08-15-2017, 06:13 PM
I think Jacob's one of those characters that initially seems appealing, but wears thin after a while.

His "devil may care" attitude may have charmed people at first, but when you define yourself by essential apathy (not quite what Jacob did, but moreso than anyother Assassin) you'll find yourself forgettable at best, and annoying at worst.

WendysBrioche
08-16-2017, 01:25 AM
I'd say Jacob.

I don't like what much but I never played the game and know absolutely nothing about his character.

A lot of people seem to like Rogue though.... so there's that.

guest-5rir8GDV
08-18-2017, 10:38 PM

Why? Jacob sucks, the worst protagonist after Arno.