PDA

View Full Version : Why 60 fps?

S0Mi_xD
08-13-2017, 10:59 AM
If it is so hard to make consoles 60 fps, why not just limit pc to 30 fps?

Mia.Nora
08-13-2017, 12:09 PM
You really want to limit my 160fps to 30?
lol :D

S0Mi_xD
08-13-2017, 12:10 PM
Not really :D but just sayin, if it is sooo hard to do it on 2 consols, the easy way is to adapt the 1 plattform to both other plattforms ;D

Knight_Raime
08-13-2017, 12:21 PM
It honestly doesn't make a big difference in the grand scheme of things. Console players struggle more due to using a tv where the response time is lower.
monitors that people use for games have usually 1-5 response time. Tv's have on average much more.

The monitor I played on still showed my game at 30 fps. but due to the better response time I was a lot better at parrying people like pk and valk.
frames do help. But it's not as big of a difference as response time.

S0Mi_xD
08-13-2017, 12:41 PM
I know ^^ this thread is more of sarcastic nature

Alustar.
08-13-2017, 01:34 PM
I'll just be glad when people realize arguing over FPS is pointless, as if that's going to help.

Tyrjo
08-13-2017, 06:09 PM
It honestly doesn't make a big difference in the grand scheme of things. Console players struggle more due to using a tv where the response time is lower.
monitors that people use for games have usually 1-5 response time. Tv's have on average much more.

The monitor I played on still showed my game at 30 fps. but due to the better response time I was a lot better at parrying people like pk and valk.

That may be true of you are using an old TV. Most new gaming TV screens have a rather good response time.

Hormly
08-13-2017, 06:20 PM
If it is so hard to make consoles 60 fps, why not just limit pc to 30 fps?

You are now suggesting that they arbitrarily make the PC version sh!ittier so you console peasants wont feel bad.

Thats like requesting luxury sports cars be made uglier so people who take the bus feel better.

No sir, I chose to invest in a rig, therefore I enjoy a superior gaming experience than you do. If we have reached the point where console gamers are request PC games come DOWN to their level rather than you coming UP to ours.... thats a sad state of affairs and an all too common way of thinking for young people in the west.

And to give a literal answer to your question 'why dont they limit it to 30', simple, they dont have to. A PC can run it at 60.

why do they 'limit' the console versions to 30? Because consoles CANNOT run at 60

UbiInsulin
08-13-2017, 06:58 PM
I know ^^ this thread is more of sarcastic nature

I had a feeling this was the case. ^^

I'll leave this thread up as a place to discuss the impact of framerate in FH, but let's be sure to keep it civil.

Tundra 793
08-13-2017, 07:14 PM
why do they 'limit' the console versions to 30? Because consoles CANNOT run at 60

Except they can. First party titles, like Halo 5 or Forza, often run at 60. Third party titles like Battlefield 1 can also hit 60.

I'm sure it's difficult for developers to hit 60, but it's not impossible.

cragar212
08-13-2017, 07:22 PM

Simply not true. Go play a fighting game that runs at 60fps (they all do) .

If you're using a tv from 1997 then yeah but any decent tv is fine.

Hormly
08-13-2017, 07:41 PM
Except they can. First party titles, like Halo 5 or Forza, often run at 60. Third party titles like Battlefield 1 can also hit 60.

I'm sure it's difficult for developers to hit 60, but it's not impossible.

Its not so simple, a game like Street fighter 5 (a game that features 2 dimensional arenas) might run at 60, and a game like For Honor (A game that features levels many times as expansive/graphically demanding, up to eight players at once + minions) might not because they are running on entirely different software and have entirely different hardware demands.

You make it sound like 30fps is an artistic decision, its not, its a LIMITATION. If FH could run 60fps on consoles why wouldnt it?

Want to play it safe? Get a rig, everything runs better and looks better.

Tundra 793
08-13-2017, 07:46 PM
Its not so simple, a game like Street fighter 5 (a game that features 2 dimensional arenas) might run at 60, and a game like For Honor (A game that features levels many times as expansive/graphically demanding, up to eight players at once + minions) might not because they are running on entirely different software and have entirely different hardware demands.

You make it sound like 30fps is an artistic decision, its not, its a LIMITATION. If FH could run 60fps on consoles why wouldnt it?

Want to play it safe? Get a rig, everything runs better and looks better.

Dude, I just told you stuff like Halo and BF1 can hit 60 on consoles. How did you possibly get that I inferred 30 was an artistic choice when I specifically said "It's difficult, but not impossible"?