PDA

View Full Version : Both new Heroes....

Lyskir
08-13-2017, 12:35 AM
i just want to say that both heroes are looking really awesome and fun to play, great design

both have good ways to open up enemys and really awesome mixup potential even the highlander has super fast light attacks on offensive stance and crushing counter (top light attack parry thingy from warden) from all 3 SIDES!! o_O

but..after i saw them im really worried about the vanilla heroes + shinobi

compare highlander and gladiator with kensei, orochi, cong and so on...like wtf how can these heroes are even in the same game??

both new heroes have skills from at least 3 different vanilla heroes, why do u want to play a kensei when u can play a gladiator ?

i dont want nerfs or anything like that, i dont want to destroy fun heroes

but the devs have to think about some serious buffs for most of the vanilla heroes otherwise 90% of the playerbase only play cent, highlander or
gladiator

....sorry for my ****ty englisch btw

SwellChemosabe
08-13-2017, 12:41 AM
Honestly i'm pretty sure once the hype over the new heroes dies down, people are going to go back to their mains or whoever they were working on previously. This same thing happened in season two. For a good 2-3 weeks I was in games where you'd be lucky to see even one original character, the rest would be variations of centurion/shinobi match ups (my favorite were honestly being in matches where it was all shinobi versus all centurions) but after that, more and more people started returning to their mains, ultimately deciding that A) new characters just weren't for them or B) they just got bored with them or C) they'd already gotten that character where they needed it to be (rep 1-10 depending on some players OCD). So don't you fret my dude, all will be well in time. Just gotta get through the hordes of Highlanders and Gladiators, so be prepared to deal with that for pretty much the rest of the month.

Lyskir
08-13-2017, 12:50 AM
Honestly i'm pretty sure once the hype over the new heroes dies down, people are going to go back to their mains or whoever they were working on previously. This same thing happened in season two. For a good 2-3 weeks I was in games where you'd be lucky to see even one original character, the rest would be variations of centurion/shinobi match ups (my favorite were honestly being in matches where it was all shinobi versus all centurions) but after that, more and more people started returning to their mains, ultimately deciding that A) new characters just weren't for them or B) they just got bored with them or C) they'd already gotten that character where they needed it to be (rep 1-10 depending on some players OCD). So don't you fret my dude, all will be well in time. Just gotta get through the hordes of Highlanders and Gladiators, so be prepared to deal with that for pretty much the rest of the month.

i hope so man :(

UbiJurassic
08-13-2017, 01:24 AM
We certainly don't want members of the old roster to fall behind. The new heroes definitely have some exciting moves in their kit, but we'll be keeping our eyes on how the members of the old roster continue to perform after the release of the new heroes.

Jazz117Volkov
08-13-2017, 02:21 AM
We certainly don't want members of the old roster to fall behind. The new heroes definitely have some exciting moves in their kit, but we'll be keeping our eyes on how the members of the old roster continue to perform after the release of the new heroes.

Also, consider that pure statistics are not indicative of player experience. Dedicated players force themselves through every confrontation with the new heroes, and win out of sheer force of will. But it is a constant uphill battle, and it's not fun. What you're going to see is a lot of kill/death ratios that average out, but also a lot of players who get sick of having to try that hard, or simply sick of dealing with the worst parts of the mechanics, and gradually quit.

To use our old friend Centurion as the example here; he's defeated all the time, the statistics show this, yes? But every lobby I enter everyone hates him, including the people who play him. And even here on the forums, discussions are constantly revolving around how not fun he is to fight. Season 2 gave most people PTSD, so I only ask that you look beyond the statistics and consider what kind of player experience you're trying to achieve with these new heroes, and consider the experience of the players already in the game.

I understand that the new heroes are very exciting (even though I hate to my core that the Knights are now 2/6 Romans), but filling the new movesets with tools designed to abuse the existing cast is only going to drive more players away. From my perspective--and I know the reality is quite different--it feels as if player satisfaction is a low priority. And because I'm at least somewhat aware of the challenges the dev team face, I'm prepared to suffer a bit longer to see if the game will balance and the abuse stop. But again, consider that right now many aspects of the game, particularly the new heroes, are in fact parts of the game to be suffered.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
08-13-2017, 04:13 AM
Be nice if the vanilla assassins had an unblockable attack opener or mixup since the dev's insist on spamming unblockables every new hero they introduce

Sir_rage_quit
08-13-2017, 04:16 AM

So any news on the conq ? (conq main have been waiting with other underpower classe for Months )

Knight_Raime
08-13-2017, 11:05 AM
As I mentioned in another thread the base roster was largely designed without community feedback. and with an entirely different perspective on the game.
The developers quickly admitted pretty early on that they made the game more reactionary and patient play and honestly didn't expect the game to be "mastered" as fast as it was.

Then they started to hear from us and what we wanted. thus the phase of awkward nerfs/buffs/fixes. But they got better. Shinobi and centurion were their first 2 dlc heros that were geared at what the community wanted. A high skill floor hero with options=shinobi. a hero good at opening someones defense with options=centurion. BUT seeing as it was their first try and they hadn't really tried changing the base mechanics as a whole that attempt didn't work out too well.

now we are on the brink of season 3. Lots of progress has been made towards making for honor more offensive and competitive. Highlander and gladiator are once again attempting to be what we've been wanting out of heros. and this time around their designs/move lists look miles better. I wouldn't be surprised if season 4 has what we want nearly to the T.

I have no doubt that in season 4 or right after before the next year of content starts (assuming and hoping this game gets another year of content like siege) they will go back to the original cast and polish them up even more so after the defensive meta patches are out. Like new moves and mechanics. Because at that point I believe the devs will have a firm grip on what does and doesn't work. and how to approach each base hero and give them what they need.

High-Horse
08-13-2017, 05:14 PM
So does this mean Season 5 is going to bring a revamp of the vanilla heroes?

dragon7jdc
08-14-2017, 06:42 AM
Alot of things i dont understand. why make cent and shin to counter the old heros and defensive meta. while they could have fixed the old heros first. but they havent done that yet. maye just raider. but the rest are still at disadvantage. and now we have two new heros that override the the whole cast. so are we gonna make this a habit. bring 2 heros that will always be better than the rest ?
think about it.

Dude_of_Valor
08-14-2017, 02:56 PM

It is not even how they perform, it is adding to them to make a players options more varied. Could you imagine if the original class of 2017 had the same number of mix ups a centurion has!?

Vakris_One
08-14-2017, 03:16 PM
Personally I find it very funny/sad that Highlander has faster lights than Kensei and has crushing counters from all sides. He's basically a super powered Kensei that makes 2 out of the 3 Vanguard roster obsolete.

It really feels like the game is moving on and leaving most of the old roster behind to live out their days in a retirement home in terms of their limited tool kit when compared to the new heroes who all have a bit of everything. The vanilla roster will each need some unique buffs in order to make up for their much more limited tool kits in my opinion.

T_Sesh
08-14-2017, 03:24 PM
The thing is, a lot of the DLC characters are hybrids - and even the vanilla hybrids have the largest, most varied move sets. That said, large move sets don't make a character top tier - just look at how the Warden was perceived for the first 6 months or so, till his vortex nerf.

dragon7jdc
08-14-2017, 04:35 PM
please dont compare warden to the new heros. in any way.

SirPizzario
08-15-2017, 10:09 PM
"great design"? Really? Out of place 2nd arena clown and celtic warrior? Not a "viking" warrior, mind you.

I'd rather see their movesets butchered and redistributed among vanilla characters while themselves being removed completely. All sword attacks to warden (with respective shoulder bash nerf - use the variety motha****a), kick and grab to shrekoki, all shield bashes to conq, spear attacks to valky.

Oupyz
08-15-2017, 10:24 PM
lol dlc character are super good and fun and 10 times stronger than the original heroes

but this is ubisoft what are u expecting , good luck winning against half decent glad who understand what mixup means , believe me u will not know what hit u and from where the attack are coming

pure_energist
08-15-2017, 10:42 PM
Totally Agree; It use to be all hero's had a limited move set and therefore a lot of battle tactics became less about the move set and more generalized... Having Hero's with a much larger move set and mix up potential is unfair to the original cast and makes them more exciting to play long term..... I've been wanting to play conqueror but I know when I do, most the strategy will be about feinting and getting in shield bashes... I can't imagine going through 7 reputations of that repetition..NOT FUN.. Take these new characters, with large move sets and now I can actually choose different paths and approaches on unleashing these moves....Undoubtedly there will be tactics that win over other but still just having the CHOICE in numerous ways of playing a Hero makes that Hero more fun. The Solution is to add more attacks to the vanilla roster. They gave Raider some love with his soft feints so it can be accomplished. It feels like the original roster was rushed, even the moves they were given were not polished and had to have tweaks that should have not gone unnoticed before launch... I love this Game, but at this point I feel like we've been playing a Beta this whole time; and they keep showing us how they were disappointed with the original hero limited moveset every time we get DLC hero's with expanded move sets that make it seem like they belong in the next installment.