PDA

View Full Version : The reason this game is cancerous.

mkovie20
08-12-2017, 05:26 PM
I know most of you will expect complaints about the characters and balance but it isn't just that.

We are nearly half a year into this game being released. You would imagine that a AAA developer and publisher like Ubisoft would actually give a 1/4 of a **** about the state of their game and how it is performing. They don't and that's evident in just one thing. Money.

1.) Ubi clearly releases borderline to considerably overpowered new characters at release to sell season passes. And people are stupid enough to buy them. Cent is still OP when it comes to 4v4 play (Sadly every other game mode is dead, even on free weekend... isn't that a surprise ubi??) The OG characters have good balance between them (for the most part excluding nobushi in 4v4) but they will probably never get any real love to bring them onto par w/ the new characters and their kits. The fact that the gladiator has nearly (I believe I saw correctly) 8 unblock able attacks is clearly a money grab.

2.) Network performance is WORSE than it was at Day1. How is that possible Ubi. How do you introduce new game breaking network bugs into the game and not even attempt to fix them? We ALL know you didn't want dedicated servers b/c it was 4v4 or less game play and it would take cash out of your pockets to have to host a reliable connection for player. You went P2P to make us take the network costs and it sucked can't lie. But it was playable in the beginning. I even posted and stood up for it b/c in all honest it was not that bad...Sure we had disconnects and drops and errors but for a good portion of us it wasn't every other match. I am now lucky, to 1, get into a match w/ dropping from easy cheat or just some b/s network error. 2, I'm lucky to play one match without my team or I dropping during migrations or resyncs. 3, even if I finish a god damn match, I have to play the whole thing over again w/ no lock ability. I just played 20 matches today, and it happened 5 times. Over 25% of my games had me play over again w/ no rewards because you're too focused on making money rather than fixing your game.

I'll leave with this. This isn't a I'm done playing post. I love this game was excited from day 1 for it. Pre-ordered even payed for the season pass. You drove it into the ground. You ruined a chance at an all time best seller. You have a 44% review rating on steam, that is worse than Civ-VI... think about that. Oh one last thing, hows you're F2P weekend going. We all know your "matchmaking" is imbalanced, and i've seen only a handful of newbies playing. Every gamemode other than DOM is still dead. Must mean you're doing something wrong. Please for the love of god fix the basics in your game before you drive it even further into the dirt.

I'd bet anything that a UBI rep will not respond to this either. Even if he/she does all it'll be is "Our roadmap shows we are making changes and progress to the health of the game" What about the people here from Day 1 who wanted a good game to play when we payed full price? We don't matter huh.

#triggered

JesterSyxe
08-12-2017, 11:00 PM
/SIGN

And one thing is for sure:. People who watch the Tournament will only see the biggest reason why this Game is dead and what is wrong with this Game overall.

1. A bunch of People who exploit the game mechanics in a way that was never meant to be
2. A bunch of People who are at most using 2-3 Attacks because they very well know that the Game Mechanics are so broken that they would never have a chance of winning if they used the Heroes as was intended
3. Parrying is borderline broken
4. Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock - Charge - Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock - Charge, Lock
5. Commentators who try to give reason for borderline stupid, ugly and BS Gameplay
6. Not even a 3rd of the possible Heroes used because only very few are viable in competitive. Where are all the Nobushi, Conqueror, Kensei etc.? They are not used because they suck
7. They even mentioned that the Warlord is ****ing broken since the beginning and nobody at Ubi gives a ****. And the reason is that they know that the Warlord is one of the very few Heroes who can be played in competitive. If they would nerf him there wouldnt probably even be Tournaments
8. GB, CGB, GB, CGB, GB, CGB, GB, CGB, GB, CGB, GB, CGB, GB, CGB, GB, CGB, GB, CGB, GB, CGB, GB, CGB, GB, CGB, GB, CGB, GB, CGB, GB, CGB, GB, CGB
9. This List goes on and on and on and on...

UbiJurassic
08-13-2017, 01:11 AM
I know most of you will expect complaints about the characters and balance but it isn't just that.

We are nearly half a year into this game being released. You would imagine that a AAA developer and publisher like Ubisoft would actually give a 1/4 of a **** about the state of their game and how it is performing. They don't and that's evident in just one thing. Money.

1.) Ubi clearly releases borderline to considerably overpowered new characters at release to sell season passes. And people are stupid enough to buy them. Cent is still OP when it comes to 4v4 play (Sadly every other game mode is dead, even on free weekend... isn't that a surprise ubi??) The OG characters have good balance between them (for the most part excluding nobushi in 4v4) but they will probably never get any real love to bring them onto par w/ the new characters and their kits. The fact that the gladiator has nearly (I believe I saw correctly) 8 unblock able attacks is clearly a money grab.

2.) Network performance is WORSE than it was at Day1. How is that possible Ubi. How do you introduce new game breaking network bugs into the game and not even attempt to fix them? We ALL know you didn't want dedicated servers b/c it was 4v4 or less game play and it would take cash out of your pockets to have to host a reliable connection for player. You went P2P to make us take the network costs and it sucked can't lie. But it was playable in the beginning. I even posted and stood up for it b/c in all honest it was not that bad...Sure we had disconnects and drops and errors but for a good portion of us it wasn't every other match. I am now lucky, to 1, get into a match w/ dropping from easy cheat or just some b/s network error. 2, I'm lucky to play one match without my team or I dropping during migrations or resyncs. 3, even if I finish a god damn match, I have to play the whole thing over again w/ no lock ability. I just played 20 matches today, and it happened 5 times. Over 25% of my games had me play over again w/ no rewards because you're too focused on making money rather than fixing your game.

I'll leave with this. This isn't a I'm done playing post. I love this game was excited from day 1 for it. Pre-ordered even payed for the season pass. You drove it into the ground. You ruined a chance at an all time best seller. You have a 44% review rating on steam, that is worse than Civ-VI... think about that. Oh one last thing, hows you're F2P weekend going. We all know your "matchmaking" is imbalanced, and i've seen only a handful of newbies playing. Every gamemode other than DOM is still dead. Must mean you're doing something wrong. Please for the love of god fix the basics in your game before you drive it even further into the dirt.

I'd bet anything that a UBI rep will not respond to this either. Even if he/she does all it'll be is "Our roadmap shows we are making changes and progress to the health of the game" What about the people here from Day 1 who wanted a good game to play when we payed full price? We don't matter huh.

#triggered

Hey mkovie20, I can see you're very concerned with the state of For Honor and I'll do my best to address your points.

It's not our intent to release heroes that are perceived as overpowered. We are well aware that Centurion remains a problem for many players and we are continuing our efforts to try and balance him as best as possible. The problem with Centurion is that a majority of the feedback we receive about him states that he is unbalanced in 4v4 gamemodes, but average at best in 1v1 or 2v2. Therefore, when looking at balance changes, we try to implement changes that will decrease his 4v4 prowess without hurting his 1v1 capabilities. As for the new heroes, they still have yet to be released. Although we are are getting the first look at their movesets today, we won't have a solid look at how they will actually preform until they go live on August 15th.

As for connectivity, many stability updates have come since the initial launch that have arguably improved the game experience for players. It's certainly true that not every issue with connectivity has been resolved, but we will have the team working to continuously improve upon the P2P system up until the eventual migration to dedicated servers.

I'm glad to hear you love the game and also sad to hear you were disappointed during the launch. However, we are looking to reaffirm our commitment to For Honor and its players by bringing in dedicated servers to improve match stability and holding public tests for users to give us feedback on changes to combat the defense meta present in the game. Every players voice is important to us as we look toward changes for the future and we want to make sure all players enjoy their experience on the battlefields of For Honor.

mkovie20
08-13-2017, 01:46 PM
Hey mkovie20, I can see you're very concerned with the state of For Honor and I'll do my best to address your points.

It's not our intent to release heroes that are perceived as overpowered. We are well aware that Centurion remains a problem for many players and we are continuing our efforts to try and balance him as best as possible. The problem with Centurion is that a majority of the feedback we receive about him states that he is unbalanced in 4v4 gamemodes, but average at best in 1v1 or 2v2. Therefore, when looking at balance changes, we try to implement changes that will decrease his 4v4 prowess without hurting his 1v1 capabilities. As for the new heroes, they still have yet to be released. Although we are are getting the first look at their movesets today, we won't have a solid look at how they will actually preform until they go live on August 15th.

As for connectivity, many stability updates have come since the initial launch that have arguably improved the game experience for players. It's certainly true that not every issue with connectivity has been resolved, but we will have the team working to continuously improve upon the P2P system up until the eventual migration to dedicated servers.

I'm glad to hear you love the game and also sad to hear you were disappointed during the launch. However, we are looking to reaffirm our commitment to For Honor and its players by bringing in dedicated servers to improve match stability and holding public tests for users to give us feedback on changes to combat the defense meta present in the game. Every players voice is important to us as we look toward changes for the future and we want to make sure all players enjoy their experience on the battlefields of For Honor.

If it is not your intent to release OP characters why is it 3 months down the road without true balancing? I won't sit here and say you did nothing to attempt to balance but when a community cries out you guys should probably listen don't you think? We are now 2 days away from the release of two new characters and you guys have serious imbalances when it comes to the performance of your characters. So you can tell me your intent isn't to release heroes that are "Perceived" as overpowered. There isn't a perception problem here Jurassic, there is a imbalance problem. You guys created the character and shot yourself in the foot at the same time. You gave him so many un-blockable kicks/shoves & attacks that now you only have one real option. Stam pool reduction or stam cost increase. You can't take any of his kit away b/c you will open a can of worms. You can't take what you've given. To have a character with such a deep yet simple kit, and to have such a low stam cost and decent sized stam pool what did you think was going to happen. The only thing you did right (Considering his strengths) was make him squishy as all hell. Parrying in this game is, okay i'll say it, it's broken. So you expect me to believe that you don't release OP characters, but yet, the gladiator has 8 unblockable attacks...? I know you haven't seen my face but do you think I look like i'm stupid?

Want to fix cent? Increase his stam costs for his kicks/shoves that are unblockable. He spams them over and over again even if you stop his chain. Make him a little less squishy w/ 20 more health points. It isn't that hard or complicated. You're community has spelled it out for you on multiple occasions in dozens of threads. But after this "tournament" its clear that everyone at Ubi likes cheese. Just to clarify that b/c I'd hate for it to go over your head, cheese is a ridiculous and borderline un-skilled action that is used over and over to get an undesired result. You know, like people running around and just using charge attacks.. or people abusing mechanics when they weren't designed that way. These are supposed to be the pro's and that's how they play? Jesus H Christ.

Connectivity is not better. It isn't. It's worse. You guys may have released patches and in the change log said "improved network performance" or even had specifics as to what you did but it hasn't fixed a thing. I've never had so many drops, hangs or game breaking bugs that don't cause a crash in my entire gaming lifetime. I really hope dedicated servers fix this, but after watching the tournament I'm really starting to believe its too little too late.. I thank you for the easy cheat and that will be the only network drop I will not really complain about. Thankfully there are about 4 different network messages I can get besides that one to complain about.

I'm not disappointed at launch, I'm disappointed as of just about 2 months ago. You guys only listen to your community when their is a mass outcry. When there is something we wont stand for. As a game that is based on the balancing of characters I understand you can't listen to every little gripe and cry, but when you have mass calls for something you need to take a serious heed to it. My honest opinion of whether or not you guys actually care about the game will be on the 15th.

Thank you for the response Jurrasic.

Auztinito
08-13-2017, 02:27 PM
Preach it.I have those same sentiments.I invested enough time and adored this game enough to get a Knights Hat.I hoped it be more Siege but with a legitimate fighting system but the current guy in charge is to be blunt, a ****ing idiot.I've been eyeing Absolver for later half of Season 2 and been playing Injustice 2 Online.The craziest part is that I see more skill and fairness in that game.Check some videos of Absolver if you play on PS4 or PC.

DoctorMcBatman
08-13-2017, 02:42 PM
Very much agree that stability is far worse now than it was at release. It's gotten especially bad in the past month or so. I had 4 crashes in a row yesterday (2-3 in a row happens frequently). Yesterday, it was the same group of players each time, game would go through the entire loading process, and two seconds after we spawned it would crash.

Uplay is kind of enough to tell me I have 175 hours in the game. And it tells me 94 of those hours are in PVP. I did do single-player once, that's around 8 hours (I did it on realistic). Then, there's also time spent customizing my character; I'd estimate I've spent a total of 2-3 hours in character customization. So 175 - 11= 164. 164 - 94= 70.

70 hours spent in loading screens... how many of which never made it to, or through a game?

Note: I am assuming the time in PVP figure literally measures time in matches. And I have a fairly fast, stable internet connection.

mkovie20
08-13-2017, 04:08 PM
Very much agree that stability is far worse now than it was at release. It's gotten especially bad in the past month or so. I had 4 crashes in a row yesterday (2-3 in a row happens frequently). Yesterday, it was the same group of players each time, game would go through the entire loading process, and two seconds after we spawned it would crash.

Uplay is kind of enough to tell me I have 175 hours in the game. And it tells me 94 of those hours are in PVP. I did do single-player once, that's around 8 hours (I did it on realistic). Then, there's also time spent customizing my character; I'd estimate I've spent a total of 2-3 hours in character customization. So 175 - 11= 164. 164 - 94= 70.

70 hours spent in loading screens... how many of which never made it to, or through a game?

Note: I am assuming the time in PVP figure literally measures time in matches. And I have a fairly fast, stable internet connection.

My NAT is always green and I have connection issues constantly. P2P puts you at the mercy of the weakest connection. I just do not understand how Day 1 and even in Beta when I played, the issues were present but much further between. Now, here we are nearly 6 months in, and we are plagued nearly 1-3 matches by a matchmaking, connection, migration, resync or just unspecified error.

Character balance will hurt a game, it will lead to unrest in the player base. However, when your player cannot even play the game that's a huge problem. #1 reason the reviews are almost as bad as No Man's Sky. That is unacceptable. Mark my words, three weeks from now we will be having the same feelings as cent when it comes to the Highlander and Gladiator.

All I care about is having fun and playing the game i've followed from pre-release to release and further. I'm no expert at the game, but i've played enough to see what's wrong. I've played enough to know how to play my main's and what to look for and avoid when fighting enemies. Sadly, this game has turned into a cheese fest especially at higher level competition. The game is not bad, it isn't the worst game ever made. In my eyes it's the most fun i've had playing video games in a long long time, but as of lately that feeling has really faded. I'm forever hopeful for change but the track record UBI has presented thus far tells me to not get my hopes up. Siege you kept to your word UBI, I just hope w/ this game you do that as well. I wont hold my breath though.

CandleInTheDark
08-13-2017, 04:39 PM
I guess the network stuff has affected different people in different ways. I can only speak for myself but I have completed more matches in the last two days than I did in the first two weeks (possibly the first month) and I would say am at about 75% for this weekend. Some weeks I have a horrendous time of it mind you but in terms of how it has been for me it has gotten better. They are working on servers and hopefully they will get those working well. It does need to get better all around though, certainly I agree with that.

I honestly think they made a big mistake in having the free weekend before those servers though and I would say it has been a bad weekend for them all around. On their season start show they had ugly duel play with unlock exploits and cheesing which they know players will for competition unless they tell them otherwise because it happened in the S2 premiere and there have been at least two threads here the person starting it has said they won't buy the game because of the connection which honestly I saw coming.

valrond1
08-13-2017, 04:44 PM

That is EXACTLY why I won't buy this game. I tried it in the free weekend, long time to find a 4vs4 match, and more than half my games dropped cause of the network issues that plague the game.
I don't want to spend hundreds of hours waiting and playing games that get disconnected.

DoctorMcBatman
08-13-2017, 08:33 PM
That is EXACTLY why I won't buy this game. I tried it in the free weekend, long time to find a 4vs4 match, and more than half my games dropped cause of the network issues that plague the game.
I don't want to spend hundreds of hours waiting and playing games that get disconnected.

Yeah 94/70 is a fairly atrocious play/waiting ratio for a modern game. For every ~1.33 hours of gameplay I experience, I go through 1 hour of loading. I should note I play almost exclusively Dominion, and the occasional duel.

Part of it is the nature of matches: they're short. And I don't know that simply lengthening how long they take is the answer necessarily. Perhaps they could be more interactive? Like a Battlefield-style rush mode called "Siege" or something like that.

Knight_Raime
08-13-2017, 08:43 PM
1) I dislike logic like this. The DLC characters are better because they are learning how to design better heros. And what we want from heros. If you truly believe the base game characters are anything close to being equal with eachother than your understanding with the game isn't as deep as you think it is. There is a reason the top 4 have stayed the top 4 despite the months passing.

2) If you're using your experience alone as the backing to prove the statement that things have gotten worse that's not enough. In my experience matches have gotten better. But i'd be foolish to assume that my experience applies to everyone else that plays.

Linnix1
08-13-2017, 08:48 PM
That's a flat out lie no one wants anything cent has.

Knight_Raime
08-13-2017, 09:07 PM
That's a flat out lie no one wants anything cent has.

People wanted a hero that broke defensive play and had more options.
Centurion was supposed to be that character.

Using our current understanding to invalidate a past attempt is just bad form.

Linnix1
08-13-2017, 09:12 PM
And making a characters that overides set game mechanics is ever worse. The man can bash you out if revenge and knock you to the ground even if you have stamina with a move that's not heavily telegraphed

Gianturion
08-13-2017, 09:14 PM
And then there's me,still having error 0004000025. I can't join A SINGLE MATCH ffs. 1 out of 20 matches work,this is seriously bad. I have green NAT and my connection is good,so it's not my problem.

Knight_Raime
08-13-2017, 09:16 PM
And making a characters that overides set game mechanics is ever worse. The man can bash you out if revenge and knock you to the ground even if you have stamina with a move that's not heavily telegraphed

Elaborate on what set mechanics he's overriding and how hes doing that.

That_guy44
08-13-2017, 09:18 PM
I thought people wanted all characters to be viable. While folks waited for a balance change that never happened, 2 characters were released that were broken at the start. Shinobi's kick was ridiculous until it was patched. Centurion ignored UI and basically broke the game's rules. By the the time that was patched all hell had broke loose in 4v4. Making new characters with better options is fine. The problem is that they push some vanilla characters further down because they still lack attention.

Linnix1
08-13-2017, 09:38 PM
His pin goes through revenge armor and his second punch knocks you on your ***. Come on Raime your the king of ******** fights it's not rocket science

Knight_Raime
08-13-2017, 10:51 PM
His pin goes through revenge armor and his second punch knocks you on your ***. Come on Raime your the king of ******** fights it's not rocket science

They are fixing his interaction with revenge in season 3's patch.
I don't see how his fully charged punch breaks mechanics.

Linnix1
08-14-2017, 12:12 AM
Really cause I still see people glowing super sayain while getting punched silly

Knight_Raime
08-14-2017, 12:18 AM
Really cause I still see people glowing super sayain while getting punched silly

pretty sure the patch notes for season 3 say so. But I could be reading it wrong.

Wolf-Heathen
08-14-2017, 12:20 AM
It's not our intent to release heroes that are perceived as overpowered. We are well aware that Centurion remains a problem for many players and we are continuing our efforts to try and balance him as best as possible. The problem with Centurion is that a majority of the feedback we receive about him states that he is unbalanced in 4v4 gamemodes, but average at best in 1v1 or 2v2.

That is a bunch of PR spin rubbish because if that was the case why was the Centurion allowed to go live in the state that he is in? Where was the QA testing? The centurion is not "perceived" as OP, he is universally regarded as a cancer to this game, and everyone hates playing against him.

Knight_Raime
08-14-2017, 12:24 AM
That is a bunch of PR spin rubbish because if that was the case why was the Centurion allowed to go live in the state that he is in? Where was the QA testing? The centurion is not "perceived" as OP, he is universally regarded as a cancer to this game, and everyone hates playing against him.

The whole world can think the sun is powered by aliens. that doesn't make the statement factual.
cent is agreed upon as being a problem in 4v4 by most people. and they are addressing a good chunk of that with the CC fixes with the season 3 launch patch.
people's opinions very on him for 1v1. and because of that they are hesitant to make big changes to his kit that would drastically impact his 1v1 performance.

DoctorMcBatman
08-14-2017, 12:31 AM
The whole world can think the sun is powered by aliens. that doesn't make the statement factual.
cent is agreed upon as being a problem in 4v4 by most people. and they are addressing a good chunk of that with the CC fixes with the season 3 launch patch.
people's opinions very on him for 1v1. and because of that they are hesitant to make big changes to his kit that would drastically impact his 1v1 performance.

What I've garnered from the community is that everyone thinks Cent is OP to a degree. The players who have better reaction times, and play non-assassin characters have an easier time dealing with Cent in 1v1. But in 4v4 all of that skill goes out the window. "Not better players" (me included), hate fighting Cent 1v1. I don't block well as an assassin, I rely on dodging and landing attacks. Cent seems to block/parry way more easily than other classes (I haven't played Cent myself), and I end up being treated like a rag doll. And there's one jumping move that for some reason follows you while the Cent is mid air. I've literally rolled to the side to dodge, and watched the Cent's lunge change directions mid-air. **** that.

Linnix1
08-14-2017, 12:32 AM
**** his 1v1 performance then nerf him and then just work him back up.

RLTygurr
08-14-2017, 12:40 AM
Part of the issue with the networking is most likely because of the free weekend and the huge influx of new players who are now becoming interested in the game. Anyone who isn't a huge fan of Ubisoft in the past few years has learned that they should wait awhile before purchasing a new title, as there's bound to be a lot of bugs and the launch will feel like a beta test for the eventual success of the game a year later.

After the free weekend, and a week or two into the new season, stability will improve greatly with the reduction in the number of players on at any given time.

And yes, his 1v1 performance is only strong if you stand too close to walls. That's an important thing to stay away from whenever you fight a centurion in any mode. His damage potential drops significantly without a wall to punch you into.

The main problem with Centurion in 4v4 is his ability to pin and knock opponents down so easily as well as doing a large amount of damage and holding you down long enough for teammates to kill you before you can get up or even pop revenge. I think they need to change his leaping stab (Eagle's Talons I believe it was called) and his fully charged punch. Removing the ability to knock people to the ground will help a lot in 4v4, but will also drop his 1v1 damage a lot.

So, in short, make his fully charged punch do the same damage as Eagle's talons as well as the stamina damage it normally does, but don't knock them to the ground. This creates a situation where the only time that damage is guaranteed is a fully charged heavy (which barely ever happens in 1v1 and will happen even less after defense changes because of light parries being equal to heavy ones). In a 4v4, you still have the opportunity to use the Eagle's Talons ability by unbalancing an opponent, but you no longer have the ability to force someone to the ground as easily in a 2v1, 3v1, or 4v1 fight.

AzureSky.
08-14-2017, 12:43 AM
This people..... ITS A FIGHTING GAME! If you lose its because you are bad, not because "the other character is op plz nerfff!" NO, every character has strong and bad points, if you lose its because you are bad, nothing else, they are fixing cc spam on the next patch so its less of a problem in 4vs4 modes.

brashtralas
08-14-2017, 12:48 AM
This people..... ITS A FIGHTING GAME! If you lose its because you are bad, not because "the other character is op plz nerfff!" NO, every character has strong and bad points, if you lose its because you are bad, nothing else, they are fixing cc spam on the next patch so its less of a problem in 4vs4 modes.

"If you lose, you're bad!!""

"They're fixing cc spam on next patch.."

Do you see the issue with what you've said?

RLTygurr
08-14-2017, 12:53 AM

They're waiting to fine-tune the individual characters until they have more #data on them after the defense changes. THAT is why they haven't said anything big about balancing the characters. I'd say a few weeks into Season 3 you'll start to see talk about changes to Conquerer, Kensei, Orochi, Centurion, and Raider. These seem to be the characters who either struggle horribly or are strikingly powerful compared to the rest of the cast.

Linnix1
08-14-2017, 01:05 AM
They have 2 seasons worth of data to make adjustments. If that's not enough then sweet Lord help us

Linnix1
08-14-2017, 01:10 AM
Yes and real fighting game devs adjustments to lower stronger characters. Like how Nine and Arakune got nothing but nerfs cause they were to strong at evo this year. And how Jacko got nerfs due to her pressure being to strong along with millias crossup being to strong. Back in revelator 1. Where these characters OP. Honestly besides Arakune no they just we're to good at what they did and overshadowed other characters so the devs changed them so people would be able to make other choices

AzureSky.
08-14-2017, 01:14 AM
"If you lose, you're bad!!""

"They're fixing cc spam on next patch.."

Do you see the issue with what you've said?

4vs4 its not skill oriented, duh. In 1vs1 and 2vs2 its your skill vs the other player skill nothing more, if you expected a moba with this game i suggeste you all to go back to them.

brashtralas
08-14-2017, 01:50 AM
4vs4 its not skill oriented, duh. In 1vs1 and 2vs2 its your skill vs the other player skill nothing more, if you expected a moba with this game i suggeste you all to go back to them.

They advertised this game around 4v4, and it is still skill based. You're making believe that there aren't some serious balance issue that have a very strong effect on the outcome of a match.

If you face off with a warlord anywhere within 30 feet of an edge, a single parry means you're dead. That's skill?

You mean to tell me that all the "unlock tech" exploits are skillful?

You mean to tell me, that on their VERY FIRST ATTEMPT, Ubisoft got everything right and perfect with character balance and design?

I think you can ask roman himself and he will say no. So forgive me if I don't buy what you're selling.

Jiblet2017
08-14-2017, 04:27 AM

I cant seem to find a single post/stream/dev comment that says cent is balanced in 4's. Could you please enlighten me by pointing pointing one out.

"The whole world can think the sun is powered by aliens. that doesn't make the statement factual."

Everyone thinks the cent is op in 4's. You seem to be the one in "sun is powered by aliens" camp.

I get it, you tried to give a little and make a "nerf cent as a cent main thread" because its pretty clear he is a problem and you dont want your main to be hit too hard. Better to suggest some minor nerfs and get out ahead of it than let the devs balance him properly with the release of the new champions. I guess we will see what happens in season 3.

Knight_Raime
08-14-2017, 06:40 AM
What I've garnered from the community is that everyone thinks Cent is OP to a degree. The players who have better reaction times, and play non-assassin characters have an easier time dealing with Cent in 1v1. But in 4v4 all of that skill goes out the window. "Not better players" (me included), hate fighting Cent 1v1. I don't block well as an assassin, I rely on dodging and landing attacks. Cent seems to block/parry way more easily than other classes (I haven't played Cent myself), and I end up being treated like a rag doll. And there's one jumping move that for some reason follows you while the Cent is mid air. I've literally rolled to the side to dodge, and watched the Cent's lunge change directions mid-air. **** that.

I literally stated in that post you quoted that he's an issue in 4v4. i'm not debating that.

Knight_Raime
08-14-2017, 06:41 AM
I cant seem to find a single post/stream/dev comment that says cent is balanced in 4's. Could you please enlighten me by pointing pointing one out.

"The whole world can think the sun is powered by aliens. that doesn't make the statement factual."

Everyone thinks the cent is op in 4's. You seem to be the one in "sun is powered by aliens" camp.

I get it, you tried to give a little and make a "nerf cent as a cent main thread" because its pretty clear he is a problem and you dont want your main to be hit too hard. Better to suggest some minor nerfs and get out ahead of it than let the devs balance him properly with the release of the new champions. I guess we will see what happens in season 3.

...I don't understand. my post didn't even hint at centurion being balanced in 4v4. so the rest of what you said doesn't make any sense.

Knight_Gregor
08-14-2017, 02:21 PM
Stability can and hopefully will be improved eventually.

In my opinion the single biggest problem with this game is the mechanics. Ubisoft devs need to make up their minds and decide if they want it to be reactionary or a guessing game. Then give each and every character options for either direction they decide to go in.

StriderBorne
08-14-2017, 04:51 PM
He is dead on, and the platitudes on the forums aren't cutting it. Balanced the damn classes starting with Centurion, you should be embarassed.
Or is it so many people have switched to him that one of your money analysis guys thinks people will quit the game if you make him normal now??

mkovie20
08-14-2017, 04:58 PM
1) I dislike logic like this. The DLC characters are better because they are learning how to design better heros. And what we want from heros. If you truly believe the base game characters are anything close to being equal with eachother than your understanding with the game isn't as deep as you think it is. There is a reason the top 4 have stayed the top 4 despite the months passing.

2) If you're using your experience alone as the backing to prove the statement that things have gotten worse that's not enough. In my experience matches have gotten better. But i'd be foolish to assume that my experience applies to everyone else that plays.

1.) You're joking right? I can see from your later responses that you're a cent rider so i'll let you down softly. Cent isn't the most OP character to ever exist, but he is OP. He needs a serious nerf to keep the only populated game mode running in this game. You will kill domination if you keep cent as is, and not adjust certain other aspects of the game. Ubi is fixing chip damage right now, and letting Cent stay the same. I know you're impartial to this question but do you really feel like they are making real changes to the state of the game or just putting on a show?

2.) I've played since beta w/ 4 other people. Myself being the only one who lasted. 1-5 of my friends will not play this game due to errors. We all toughed through it in the beggining. We are now MO-6 into the game and it is worse. I had a friend convinced to re-install and play w/ me. I had to lie about the connection issues and game breaking bugs just to get him to download it. He made it 4 hours before deciding this game is not worth the space on his SSD. Don't sit here and act like the networking in this game is anything other than garbage b/c you're downright wrong. It isn't just me, it isn't just billy or Jeffery, its nearly everyone. That is evidenced by the 44% steam rating, with an overwhelming portion of them attributed to networking issues. It's only the players who still actually play this game who care about the characters.

Don't blame the free weekend either. Ubi lied to our faces saying they had 1.3 million players on pc the past month.. Did anyone see that? I sure as hell didn't. Maybe, MAYBE 1.3m between all consoles and PC. MAYBE. I doubt pc even came to 500k unique players during a free weekend. I didn't see many noobies and I played a good bit this weekend.

DoctorMcBatman
08-14-2017, 09:40 PM
I literally stated in that post you quoted that he's an issue in 4v4. i'm not debating that.

Aye, I know and agree. I was making an argument RE: 1v1s.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
08-14-2017, 09:48 PM
People wanted a hero that broke defensive play and had more options.
Centurion was supposed to be that character.

Using our current understanding to invalidate a past attempt is just bad form.

When amateur developers think they can fix the defensive meta problem with the introduction of heroes instead of fixing the game's broken mechanics...

https://media0.giphy.com/media/yt9DTQeflOUA8/giphy.gif

Knight_Raime
08-15-2017, 02:17 AM
1.) You're joking right? I can see from your later responses that you're a cent rider so i'll let you down softly. Cent isn't the most OP character to ever exist, but he is OP. He needs a serious nerf to keep the only populated game mode running in this game. You will kill domination if you keep cent as is, and not adjust certain other aspects of the game. Ubi is fixing chip damage right now, and letting Cent stay the same. I know you're impartial to this question but do you really feel like they are making real changes to the state of the game or just putting on a show?

2.) I've played since beta w/ 4 other people. Myself being the only one who lasted. 1-5 of my friends will not play this game due to errors. We all toughed through it in the beggining. We are now MO-6 into the game and it is worse. I had a friend convinced to re-install and play w/ me. I had to lie about the connection issues and game breaking bugs just to get him to download it. He made it 4 hours before deciding this game is not worth the space on his SSD. Don't sit here and act like the networking in this game is anything other than garbage b/c you're downright wrong. It isn't just me, it isn't just billy or Jeffery, its nearly everyone. That is evidenced by the 44% steam rating, with an overwhelming portion of them attributed to networking issues. It's only the players who still actually play this game who care about the characters.

Don't blame the free weekend either. Ubi lied to our faces saying they had 1.3 million players on pc the past month.. Did anyone see that? I sure as hell didn't. Maybe, MAYBE 1.3m between all consoles and PC. MAYBE. I doubt pc even came to 500k unique players during a free weekend. I didn't see many noobies and I played a good bit this weekend.

1) They are also nerfing cc in dominion. which is cents biggest problem in 4v4. It says so in the patch notes. I feel like they've been making real changes the entire time. Just some of them not being the right ones. and them being a bit slow about it. I'm hoping the rest of the ptr 2 changes hit in season 3. i'll still be around for season 4 and beyond regardless of when they drop. But the devs HAVE to push these changes live regardless of what it does to character balance this season. You can't advertize that you want to show your commitment to the game starting with season 3 if it's majorly going to play like season 1 and 2 did.

2) I mainly play duel. so my experiences have seemed to improved. I can't speak on 4v4.

Epiphone34
08-15-2017, 04:38 AM

#triggered

Careful you'll get banned or an "infraction" for speaking your mind and or cursing. But they pick who does and doesn't get punished of course. Lord knows I've been banned more than once for stating how I felt. Although you may be one of the lucky ones who they just play nice with until your comments and concerns can no longer be answered with vague we understand the frustration. Jurassic, you gave me almost the exact same spchill about 2-3 usernames ago. Mkovie20, I agree with everything you said and you were dead on. They do not care. In their defense though, what can they say? They are aware of the issues and they also know they are full of crap. The moderators of this forum won't be able to tell you anything you cannot figure out or your own or use common sense. Thinking pouring your heart out will make a difference will just leave you feeling like this game has made most of the players feel, ignored and taken advantage of.