PDA

View Full Version : Back for S3. A little hyped, still wary. How about you?

Herbstlicht
08-12-2017, 02:13 PM
So, it has been some time before I did post anything For Honor related. Did not really quit playing, only .. didn't play much.
Anyway, I am looking forward a lot of stuff concerning S3. New gears, maps, the Highlander, better balancing (specially when it comes to cc-stuff) and so on.
Still though, I am kinda sad. A whole season has passed. A whole season Centurion continued to keep Players away from 4on4 matches. Even with S3 about to start, we have no defensive meta patch yet. Then there is .. oh my, how shall I say. Its my thoughts to the new heros.
Highlander:
Hell, incredible! I mean: he might be some meanie, but if his moves aren't ultra-speedy, after learning some timing, I am sure people will be able to deal with him. He might be nasty in 4on4's due to wide arcs and reach, but .. well, its just some kinda gut feeling I have, but he really seems manageable without being useless, quiet the opposite. So, maybe, they finally did the first balanced Hero with an interesting and varied moveset.

Gladiator:
Hate his weapon, like the boxing idea, fear for ultra-fast moves and a Centurion 2.0 problem.

So, what might be those people that no longer frequent the Forums all too often be doing then?
Ah well .. guess it will be farming some gears. Trying out my once beloved team modes and see how it fares. If it is bad, I might complain some, get me some "git gut"-comments and then simply move to play with friends only or vs AI. Maybe trying to rep up the Highlander, because he seems not only amazing but "fair" as well. I might be special in my dislike to play op-stuff and ruin other players experience, but well, that is just the way it is.
Then there will be more improvements I guess. At some point, they will get back to balancing all the Heroes. I hope that happens soon. Servers. Lovely. Will believe it when we got them. Season 4. Hmm, the first year final. A look in the future for Year 2. Maybe at this point, for Honor is fixed, alive, we all have fun.
Or it isn't and we won't be staying for another year.

Right now though, I am rather curious. So much can happen, so much we don't know. But despite all my love for the game, I would so much love for S3 to a really good season. Want to stick with the game, because all in all, its still amazing.

Sneaky-Patches
08-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Fully erect, can't wait.

Tyrjo
08-12-2017, 02:57 PM
I also have a feeling Highlander will not be that great in 1vs1, but probably fun in 4vs4.

Gladiator will probably be a pain in the a in 1vs1 but maybe a bit squishy for 4v4. At least I hope he will be squishy because his move set and stamina conditions are insane. There has to be a big draw back for that.

Jarl.Felix
08-12-2017, 08:07 PM
Maybe it's just me, really... but I'm not even curious. I know it will be a crap fest as ForError always delivered so far.

Just another crap I'll have to adapt / deal with it during season 3.

Wolf-Heathen
08-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Was hyped until I saw the leaked movesets. I for one have no desire to play a game that is moving towards the inclusion of more unblockables, more pinning, more bleeds. It's just lazy and detracts from the core combat mechanic they started with. I also don't enjoy DLC characters being light-years ahead of vanilla heros. They new heros' kits have so many options for dealing with different situations whereas some vanilla characters don't even have an answer to half of them.

Absolver is coming out at the end of August, and I'm more interested in that at this point. Ubisoft either don't know how to properly balance their fighting game, or simply don't care to and just want flashy, flavor-of-the-month DLC heros to lure back returning players.

psyminion
08-12-2017, 10:05 PM
in pretty excited tbh.

with the hero rep cap increased to 40, and with the addition of fixes and new weapons and armour, my trusty katana and I are ready for blood of the gladiator and highlander. may they die honorably.

also it means only one season till ronin time. *hype*

Knight_Raime
08-12-2017, 10:50 PM
Was hyped until I saw the leaked movesets. I for one have no desire to play a game that is moving towards the inclusion of more unblockables, more pinning, more bleeds. It's just lazy and detracts from the core combat mechanic they started with. I also don't enjoy DLC characters being light-years ahead of vanilla heros. They new heros' kits have so many options for dealing with different situations whereas some vanilla characters don't even have an answer to half of them.

Absolver is coming out at the end of August, and I'm more interested in that at this point. Ubisoft either don't know how to properly balance their fighting game, or simply don't care to and just want flashy, flavor-of-the-month DLC heros to lure back returning players.

You can't want to move away from defensive play and then get upset that the dlc heros are continuing to get ways out of that.
Maybe the reason the DLC characters have more is because they are finally learning how to make proper characters?
Majority of the base game characters were made without huge community feedback. the devs had to guess on what people wanted and where they wanted the game to go.

The changes to the games mechanics+ the dlc heros truly show they are starting to understand things now.
But sure. go ahead and bash. it's the easy thing to do.

AkenoKobayashi
08-13-2017, 12:53 AM
I honestly don't care much for Season 3. With the conspiracy, and all the evidence people have compiled to support it, that the Faction War is rigged, and the Knights are in the pipe to win regardless of how they truly perform. I don't really care for the two new characters, as I will not play them beyond Rep 1. As for the changes to the meta, that's all PvP problems. Not for us PvE people.