PDA

View Full Version : I don't get the hype of new characters but I'm an old man

Mirage6201
08-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Worst thing about new season is everyone plays new characters. Just like when u had a full team of centurions and shinobis on both sides. I actually hate starting a new season just bc of this.

Herbstlicht
08-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Hmm, I guess that depends on your attitude, time invested already and personal preference. I will take a look at the Highlander due to interesting design and nice visuals without - at the moment - fearing it will be an overpowered Hero. Doesn't mean I stick, doesn't mean I will jump into 4on4 with him right away. Much on my activity (and whether it'll be vs AI or other players) actually depends on how the team modes will feel. If it feels cheap still, you still loose control of your character too often for too long times - I will simply stay away. If it has gotten better with the new changes, I might actually really enjoy it. No matter what classes I am up against.

Personally, I am ok with simply being able to react to stuff happening, no matter whom I am facing against.

Tyrjo
08-12-2017, 02:49 PM
Yep, people are going to be trying out the new heroes for a while. But after a day or two they will realize how much better they are with their mains and that they need to invest 20+ hours of game into the new hero in order to become good.

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 03:09 PM
I kind of want to try the gladiator and I am going to spend a lot of time in custom matches working out the mixups of the gladiator and highlander for when I come up against them but that is likely going to be season 4 with one of the new characters then and the shinobi and berserker I have had to put on the backburner. Most of my active characters are assassins (or were, I have changed things around a bit) and as a pug 4v4 player that leads to teams where either we have no one who can farm soldiers or no one that can hold zones so my season 3 target is get nobushi (for revives, soldier farming and bleed pressure) valkyrie, conqueror and warden into top gear with my peacekeeper. I want to be able to fill the assassin, anchor, middleline or support roles as needed. I suspect being competent with a range of characters will be useful in tournament mode also, especially if you watch the duels of others.