PDA

View Full Version : The Gladiator Leaks are crazy!

Metastopholis
08-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Hello all
for anyone who has not yet seen the Gladiator leaks feel free to check out this video!

The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8LxIBcLkFE

So i have to say...that is a whole lot of Unblockables,bleeds,blinds and jabs he looks like a faster version of the centurion lol
plus that increase stam pool and regen is going to be kinda crazy.

What do you all think about it? im really excited to play him!

RenegadeRasta
08-12-2017, 12:46 PM
Devs did say that he would play like a boxer after all. Wonder what kind of impact he'll have. I kinda feel bad for having more interest in him than Highlander. Ah well.

Tyrjo
08-12-2017, 12:56 PM
Coming next week, the forum will be swarmed with complaints of the Gladiator. Centurion mains, rejoice.

Metastopholis
08-12-2017, 12:58 PM
To be fair his kit does look 10x worse then the centurions lol but we will have to wait and see if the cries of salt are justified or not :P

Wolf-Heathen
08-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Devs did say that he would play like a boxer after all. Wonder what kind of impact he'll have. I kinda feel bad for having more interest in him than Highlander. Ah well.

What does that have to do with anything relating to the sheer amount of unblockables??? Boxers setup their power shots with combinations and feints, they don't throw single, telegraphed power shots. If you're referencing his punch, the Centurion has that too, and again has no relevance to the OP's point on the amount of UB + the fact that he gets bleeds on top of everything else.

Given how the Centurion turned out, it's fair to assume the Gladiator will be just as bad, if not worse. Ubisoft doesn't exactly have the best tract record for releasing balanced heros post launch of FH.

RenegadeRasta
08-12-2017, 09:18 PM
OP didn't really have a point to make. The unblockables is what piqued the OPs interest based on what the OP saw from the leak. OP asked our opinions of the Gladiators kit. Mine was based from the amount of chain attacks Gladiator has, I suppose.

And I was just referencing what the devs said about his playstyle, which is that of a boxer. And from what I've seen of him in that trailer, and judging by those chain attacks from the leak, it could be exactly that.

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 09:27 PM
OP didn't really have a point to make. The unblockables is what piqued the OPs interest based on what the OP saw from the leak. OP asked our opinions of the Gladiators kit. Mine was based from the amount of chain attacks Gladiator has, I suppose.

And I was just referencing what the devs said about his playstyle, which is that of a boxer. And from what I've seen of him in that trailer, and judging by those chain attacks from the leak, it could be exactly that.

Those chains are what is going to screw people up. Three of them are varying amounts of lights before a heavy but at any time throughout one of those chains, or the other chains, they can just pull back on the stick and let the unblockable heavy rip. I am assuming each light after the first point you could end with a heavy is going to have a different action so you will be looking for where the next attack is coming from.

I am kind of hoping we see that the stamina pool is justified and that in order to get to the real damage dealing moves they need to be looking for the longer chains.

TheTKOShow
08-12-2017, 11:31 PM
Umm yeah I'm just going to get this started now, gladiator needs a nerf.
How many unblockables
5 toons have an unblockable attack and this guy has 5.
A 4 hit lite and hvy when ever.
I'm totally going to play him, but before he even is pickable im crying op