PDA

View Full Version : Any 'jack of all trades' players out there?

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 02:41 PM
My main game in For Honor is Dominion (though I need to duel more, I am getting sloppy), in terms of heroes I have one main (who I need to get to rep 9 once season 4 comes around just in case come to that) and I am working on a bunch of other characters. Most of the ones I am levelling up are assassins and it had been very much the intention to get, alongside my Peacekeeper, the Warden, Shinobi, Berserker and Nobushi, so basically a lot of assassins, one of which has Tricky Stuff (tm) and a vanguard as someone that is a bit tankier.

But I am one of those who look at what characters are filling up my team and essentially I am mostly levelling different flavours of assassin. I am a pug player, while in a group people will have designated roles, you don't know what team you're getting from one game to the next, so I am toying with the idea, assuming 4v4 ranked allows pug groups (though in fairness I might look at getting a group if servers go well), of working on the Valkyrie and Conqueror instead of my other assassins (they all will be eventually, it is a priorities thing >.>). So are there people who play like this, how do you judge what you need in any particular group you see filling up (outside of the obvious my team has two shinobi and a peacekeeper how the hell are we going to hold zones) and how easy is it to switch from one style to the other?

kweassa1
08-11-2017, 02:42 PM
Me. I'm a jack of all trades, master of none, sucker with all.

Sure seems to kill my win rate like 10% everytime I pick up a new class and dive straight to dominion.. lol.

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 02:45 PM
Me. I'm a jack of all trades, master of none, sucker with all.

Sure seems to kill my win rate like 10% everytime I pick up a new class and dive straight to dominion.. lol.

Yeah I kind of think if I am going to do this, I need to duel a lot more with the heroes I am working on if I am going to switch between dominion games, though after my last duel was at the tower ruin that can wait until Tuesday.

S0Mi_xD
08-11-2017, 03:10 PM
Here, sure i am a Berserker Main but also learning other Heroes.
1.Berserker
2. Conqueror
3. Valk
4. Orochi
5. Shugoki

Also learned
Warden, Raider, Kensei, Shinobi, PK and Warlord.... but not using them frequently

Not learned Nobushi, LB, Centurion (centurion just abit in Training mode but not purchased)

Only difference i am not a PUG player.

But logicly, no 3 assassins are not that great in holding objectives.
Sure it isn't impossible but if you are up against multiple ppl at the same time, you won't be able to hold out that long.

In my oppinon:
1 Tank, 1 Balanced, 2 Dmg dealer

Tanks ar logicly (best to hold a point)
Shugoki, Conqu, Warlord, Lawbringer

Balanced (Dealing good dmg, and can endure a certain amount, or disabler)
Warden,Raider, Kensei, Nobushi, Centurion, Valkykie

DMG dealer (agile chars with good fast dmg - aswell to run from Objective to objective)
PK, Berserker, Orochi, Shinobi

Other constellations are possbile aswell, but this constellation does worked out in every game so far :D

Charmzzz
08-11-2017, 03:19 PM
I am a One-Trick-Pony atm, PK Rep 30 for a long time now. Actually working on my Warden skills atm. Cannot wait for Gladiator cause I want to play another Assassin, but all Vanilla ones do not appeal to me except the PK, Shinobi is just not my style either.

Btw. CandleInTheDark: PK is bugged atm. Heavy-Soft-Feint into GB in chained attacks is not working, confirmed by UBI Support and hopefully already adressed to the Devs.

S0Mi_xD
08-11-2017, 03:21 PM
A pretty neat team would be
Shinobi + PK + Nobushi + Any Tank or Balanced ( i personlly would say Valk or a second Nobushi)
This Team woudl be a Bleed Team, Heroes who can apply good bleed and Nobushi could nearly always profit with extra dmg with her ability.

thornh
08-11-2017, 05:02 PM
I will play as almost anyone. I believe the Berserker is the most useful assassin in Dominion. If you equip the correct feats he can easily hold zones. He still needs some more love from Ubi but, in the right hands, Berserker is one of the deadliest characters in the game.

Regarding Dominion it seems there are still a lot of people who have absolutely no clue how to win that mode. I have been lucky to get on a few teams that have a clue and, boy, does it make a world of difference.

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 05:09 PM
I will play as almost anyone. I believe the Berserker is the most useful assassin in Dominion. If you equip the correct feats he can easily hold zones. He still needs some more love from Ubi but, in the right hands, Berserker is one of the deadliest characters in the game.

Regarding Dominion it seems there are still a lot of people who have absolutely no clue how to win that mode. I have been lucky to get on a few teams that have a clue and, boy, does it make a world of difference.

Yeah I like the berserker but if I was taking one assassin to 7 until I have other kinds up it was always going to be my main and peacekeeper already is at 7 so doubly so lol. Peacekeeper was my favourite in any case but while it screws my score card over I like to play spoiler by sitting in one of their zones for as long as I can regardless of the numbers which she is very good at. I occasionally get one or two but if I can keep three or even all four of them there my team should be clearing up everywhere else.

psyminion
08-11-2017, 05:36 PM
I might not be a Jack of all Heroes, but I consider myself a dedicated Samurai Jack, ready to fill any role in a match.
current reps

Kensei - 12
Shugoki - 6
Orochi - 26
Nobushi - 3
Shinobi - 5

if I'm not deep in my orochi zen place I'm happy to play the other Samurai if my team/map/matchup requires.

I don't have ANY experience with the other faction heroes except some time with the Raider (for the dirteh emote spam)

as for game modes, I spend most time in duels/brawls and dominion - but the 4v4 gank modes can be fun.

I've tried to expand from being just a roach, and it has taught me SO MUCH about the game.

thornh
08-11-2017, 06:07 PM
Candle, don't take this the wrong way but, I still dislike the Peacekeeper more than any other character. Good Shinobis are starting to piss me off as well. Last night the one team I was playing against in Dominion had a Shugoki and Peacekeeper that were inseparable like freaking Hodor and Bran. The Peacekeeper was making excellent use of her Stealth feat and while the Shugoki was keeping people busy with his large gravitational effect she would run up on people undetected and stab them in the back. A very useful and winning strategy. Pissed me off though. I'd rather face a team of Cents.

Balance is definitely the key in Dominion though. That heavy/assassin tag team is much harder to battle than a team of 3 vanguards and a heavy.

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 06:09 PM
Candle, don't take this the wrong way but, I still dislike the Peacekeeper more than any other character. Good Shinobis are starting to piss me off as well. Last night the one team I was playing against in Dominion had a Shugoki and Peacekeeper that were inseparable like freaking Hodor and Bran. The Peacekeeper was making excellent use of her Stealth feat and while the Shugoki was keeping people busy with his large gravitational effect she would run up on people undetected and stab them in the back. A very useful and winning strategy. Pissed me off though. I'd rather face a team of Cents.

Balance is definitely the key in Dominion though. That heavy/assassin tag team is much harder to battle than a team of 3 vanguards and a heavy.

I...can't say I have not done that, so no salt from me lol. Shinobi uses stealth probably even better given the charged attacks.

Moondyne_MC
08-12-2017, 02:14 AM
I've always cycled through characters in fighting games, always get too bored playing the same character forever haha. I play

1. Nobushi
2. Kensei
3. Warden
4. Lawbringer (my new favourite)
5. Berserker
6. Shugoki

I'm pretty handy with Nobu, Kensei and Lawbie, pretty average with the others.

Playing multiple characters has helped my overall skill immensely though. I mained Nobushi exclusively til about rep 7, but I think even if I continued to play only her until now, I wouldn't have a greater grasp on other character mechanics, and would have a harder time trying to counter them.

UbiJurassic
08-12-2017, 02:34 AM
I make a point to play ever hero. It's probably why my overall reputation is so low. It helps in understanding your opponent and knowing when it's safe to follow-up on their attacks. In order of my personal preference, the list goes:

1. Peacekeeper
2. Shinobi
3. Shugoki
4. Orochi
5. Warden

As you can tell from the list, I definitely prefer faster, lower health heroes. I have a few levels on Centurion too, but we won't talk about that. ;)