PDA

View Full Version : Words of wisdom for new players

squatchdog1
08-11-2017, 05:15 AM
PLAY ANOTHER GAME!
I relize you probibly just bought the game....hopefully not for retail price, but cut your losses now, the game will be quite appealing at first, with the awesome graphics, the great game play and of course the murder, but the servers are so messed up that with in 3 months you will be so frusterated with gitting kicked out of games or not even getting in, you will regret ever giving them any money, and god forbid you buy Champion status, you will have atleast 5 hours of lost time of your 3 days.Even if you have only paid the purchase price it will still cost you lots of lost time, I was just kicked from 5 matches in a row, 3 of them were in the middle and 1 was at the end of the match, meaning I get no points for "trying" to play for an hour and a half,

If you read through the forums they will tell you that you need to change settings in your console, clear the cach and reconfigure your modem, it doesn't help!
Again....CUT YOUR LOSSES AND RUN!

:mad::nonchalance:

Halvtand
08-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Sooo...

There are a few thins that are very apparent here.
I get that you don't like the game.
I get that you probably have experienced some issues with the game.
I also get that you claim that these worksrounds you refer to doesn't work. This I cannot verify as I have no issues with connection.
Since you claim that these issues does not work I can only conclude that you don't play the game. Which begs for the question of why you hang around on the forum.

However, there is one this that still amazes me about your ilk. Why are you so hell-bent on trying to convince everyone else that they don't or won't like the game? I get it, you've had issues, but plenty of other people have not. You don't like the game, but plenty of people do. You claim to speak directly to the new players, which can only mean that you for some reason want them to think badly of the game perhaps even before they have a chance of playing it themselves. Why? To save their money? It's a free weekend, if the problems are as prominent as you make them out to be they're sure to experience them. To save them from a "bad" gaming experience? Isn't that exactly the point of a free weekend? To let new players figure out if a game is good or bad, maybe even worth a purchase, without first spending any money.

Or is it simply that you can't stand the thought of someone liking the game? I mean, why else would you still hang around the forums of a game you don't play?

RatedChaotic
08-11-2017, 11:36 AM
Sooo...

I also get that you claim that these worksrounds you refer to doesn't work. This I cannot verify as I have no issues with connection.
Since you claim that these issues does not work I can only conclude that you don't play the game. Which begs for the question of why you hang around on the forum.

However, there is one this that still amazes me about your ilk. Why are you so hell-bent on trying to convince everyone else that they don't or won't like the game? I get it, you've had issues, but plenty of other people have not. You don't like the game, but plenty of people do. You claim to speak directly to the new players, which can only mean that you for some reason want them to think badly of the game perhaps even before they have a chance of playing it themselves. Why? To save their money? It's a free weekend, if the problems are as prominent as you make them out to be they're sure to experience them. To save them from a "bad" gaming experience? Isn't that exactly the point of a free weekend? To let new players figure out if a game is good or bad, maybe even worth a purchase, without first spending any money.

Or is it simply that you can't stand the thought of someone liking the game? I mean, why else would you still hang around the forums of a game you don't play?

I get that you dont experience these issues that some of us are experiencing. But theres nothing wrong with informing the new players of the issues that they could face here before they purchase. He not completely wrong. Just because your not experiencing it.... doesnt mean no one is.

I dont play a whole lot anymore either. But I like to come here to see if needed improvements are coming. Because if I see the stabilty issues I'm having fixed. I'll return to playing this game more. I'll also agree with him that the customer support troubleshooting. Didnt help me either.

The bolded statement......Really? lol Since I do have connection issues and know for myself they dont work. Does that mean you dont play the game? Of course not.

Halvtand
08-11-2017, 12:25 PM
I get that you dont experience these issues that some of us are experiencing. But theres nothing wrong with informing the new players of the issues that they could face here before they purchase. He not completely wrong. Just because your not experiencing it.... doesnt mean no one is.

I dont play a whole lot anymore either. But I like to come here to see if needed improvements are coming. Because if I see the stabilty issues I'm having fixed. I'll return to playing this game more. I'll also agree with him that the customer support troubleshooting. Didnt help me either.

Thank you, that is a great reply, and you make a good point.
Of course there are issues with the game, I don't think anyone has been completely spared. I too see them, I've seen people impossibly whiff hits due to lag, I've seen the game slow to a crawl just before someone is kicked out of the game, I've seen people bounce back from the bottom of the deep holes and resume fighting like nothing happened, I've seen players literally inches away from winning DC (which must've made them scream, it is certainly not a satisfying way to win a fight). There is no way for me or anyone else to dismiss these issues, even if I don't happen to be the one on the pointy end of them I have to acknowledge their existence or be revealed as dishonest which will kill any argument and point I make.

Also, there is no harm in informing players, new or old, about the problems a certain game comes with. If anything it will result in greater understanding of the game and a better dialogue with the devs, something that we're rather privileged with having. However, there is a big difference between informing players and right out telling them to "PLAY ANOTHER GAME!" or "CUT YOUR LOSSES AND RUN!" (both quoted from OP).
In a time (limited as it may be) when the game is free and new players can experience all that the game offers (good and bad) without monetary risk there are no losses to cut. Convincing potential players to play other games when this opportunity has such a limited time window seems misguided on the same level as the people who convince people not to vote. If anything the game would only benefit from having a massive amount of people trying it out and (in a perfect world) let the devs know exactly why they still won't buy and play the game.
Also, there are probably thousands of threads about the game's various issues on this forum, reddit, steam's forum and I'm sure many other places. A player who does research before trying a game will not be able to miss it, and the players who doesn't won't see this thread either. This thread doesn't add anything, everything in this thread has been written about before, time and time again, if anything it is bordering on spam.

My conclusion still stands firm. The OP has been burned by the game and simply doesn't want anyone else to enjoy it.

RatedChaotic
08-11-2017, 12:52 PM
I'll stand firm on my conclusion aswell. The OP got burned by the game and simply doesnt want others to get burned aswell.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
08-11-2017, 03:33 PM
I'm a simple noob....
I read the forums...
I understand Centurion is broken...
I have honor...
I leave duel when versing a Cent...

Vakris_One
08-11-2017, 03:55 PM
So basically the OP got burned by the game and suggests that because they are angry everyone else should be angry as well and should stop playing/never play it.

A very childish attitude in my opinion.

I'm a simple noob....
I read the forums...
I understand Centurion is broken...
I have honor...
I leave duel when versing a Cent...
Why? Cent is not oppressive in 1v1 once you know what he does. The only way you'll learn to beat him is to fight him. Better to fight him in 1v1 rather than as a gang bang. Just my opinion of course.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
08-11-2017, 04:53 PM
Sooo...

Newbies will have a few hours to invest in this game. Most of us have had months. We have been waiting for these problems to be fixed but to no avail and will continue to wait and hope that the time we've spent won't go to waste. We were drawn in by the obvious and saw MUCH potential but with months of of no major change to the core problems that plagued the game this is no longer a game that we'll tell our friends to buy

Tyrjo
08-11-2017, 07:00 PM
Play 1vs1 or 2vs2 if you don't want to be disconnected. I don't think I have ever been disconnected in those game modes.

luciddreams420
08-12-2017, 12:46 AM
I am experiencing disconnected problems in every match I have played someone quits the game and I get an error code I almost purchased the game until that kept happening not worth it

UbiJurassic
08-12-2017, 02:06 AM
I am experiencing disconnected problems in every match I have played someone quits the game and I get an error code I almost purchased the game until that kept happening not worth it

Do you happen to know the error code you were getting?

squatchdog1
08-12-2017, 02:49 AM
Sooo...

OK....first off "Halv", you don't know me, second, I love this game, it is the best PvP MMO I have played, the graphics are awesome and the mechanics are well planed out. I play this game nearly every freakin day, and every day I regret signing in because out of the ...lets say 10 matches I try to get in to, I'm lucky if I can complete 5 of them. I don't want peaple to dislike this game but if Ubisoft can't fix this server issue then there is nothing to like, what does it matter if you have a cool looking toon, that the graphics are awesome or that it's just fun to murder people that want to murder you. Ya know I'm a B player, I don't really care if i get killed most of the time....well maybe a lil bit, I like a challange because I can learn from it, but I do have a lot of fun "when" I can complete a match, I would love it if more people played, like some of the friends I have made here or even RatedChaotic, I don't feel that I can even recommend this game to my RL friends because it's so damn frusterating to try to play.

As far as your last comment, when I do log in to the forums it's out of frusteration, for instance im here now because I nearly finished a match, there was 1 opponent left, I had just killed the second to last and the server crashed. I have made a few post about this subject with suggestion of how to curve this issue plus submitted 1 or 2 tickets, to no avail, I have changed settings on my Xbox, reconfigured my modem and clear my cach on a regular basis.

I feel you owe me an apology for asuming you know me, what my motives are or what I have been through.
Plus you attacking me seems more borderline spam than what I said, instead of coming at me here why don't you add some suggestion that UBISOFT might read and take in to concideration.

What it boils down to is that UBISOFT NEEDS TO FIX THIS ISSUE INSTEAD OF ADDING NEW TOONS OR NEAT'O ARMOR!!!

I hope to hear from you and not notice that you have ignored my post.
Hope to see you in game, may the best man ...or woman (how ever you self identify) win

I'm done here, I'm now returning to the game.

squatchdog1
08-12-2017, 03:04 AM
So basically the OP got burned by the game and suggests that because they are angry everyone else should be angry as well and should stop playing/never play it.

A very childish attitude in my opinion..

What ever man, a person with nothing positive to say but points out there negitve attatude at others seems more childish to me.

Hope to see you on the battlefield, may the best man win....or if your on my team....I got your back brother

squatchdog1
08-12-2017, 03:08 AM
Play 1vs1 or 2vs2 if you don't want to be disconnected. I don't think I have ever been disconnected in those game modes.

I have and I rarely get kicked from them as well, but I seem to get more pleasure from 4v4 matches, plus I tend to get my *** kick a lil less, only a little less.

RatedChaotic
08-12-2017, 08:40 AM
Feel free to add me. I'll game with ya when I'm playing For Honor.

AkenoKobayashi
08-13-2017, 01:03 AM
My advice:

1. Play Vs AI. It's more fun than PvP, and AI don't gank you like players do. 90% of the time, anyways. You can accomplish just as much in PvE as you can in PvP. You just don't get PvP specific achievements/trophies, which really isn't a big deal if you have an expansive library of games to play.
2. Get good. Take your failures and mistakes with some salt and get better at playing before you cry about how everything is a fault but yourself.

luciddreams420
08-13-2017, 03:15 AM
Do you happen to know the error code you were getting?

I'm on Xbox one platform the code is 0006000118 and this one came up once 0006000148

D3dicatedSrv3rz
08-13-2017, 03:23 AM
Sooo...

A very childish attitude in my opinion.

Why? Cent is not oppressive in 1v1 once you know what he does. The only way you'll learn to beat him is to fight him. Better to fight him in 1v1 rather than as a gang bang. Just my opinion of course.

Not oppressive in 1V1, sure he isn't. Being the only hero that gets 2 guaranteed heavies off of a wall splat GB, being the only hero that can spam all 3 of his unblockables in a single effective combo, being the only hero that can deplete your stamina bar from full and then keep it depleted if he is skilled enough, and lastly the ******ed tracking. If i'm fighting a warlord i lookout for turtle countering, headbutt light, and a fast area from the right, PK her lights and an area, LB his unblockable mixups and warden the bash. There is no reason that the opponents of a centurion should have to handle him with twice as much care as any other hero in the game

Vakris_One
08-13-2017, 03:40 AM
What ever man, a person with nothing positive to say but points out there negitve attatude at others seems more childish to me.

Hope to see you on the battlefield, may the best man win....or if your on my team....I got your back brother
You're the one who started a negative thread with nothing positive to say dude. If you want to be upset at being called out for it then be upset at yourself.

Vakris_One
08-13-2017, 04:04 AM
Not oppressive in 1V1, sure he isn't. Being the only hero that gets 2 guaranteed heavies off of a wall splat GB, being the only hero that can spam all 3 of his unblockables in a single effective combo, being the only hero that can deplete your stamina bar from full and then keep it depleted if he is skilled enough, and lastly the ******ed tracking. If i'm fighting a warlord i lookout for turtle countering, headbutt light, and a fast area from the right, PK her lights and an area, LB his unblockable mixups and warden the bash. There is no reason that the opponents of a centurion should have to handle him with twice as much care as any other hero in the game
He has the best punish in the game, yes and that puts the pressure on to not make mistakes against him but it still takes a skilled player to completely dominate in a 1v1 with the Centurion. A skilled player is oppressive in a 1v1 no matter what character they play.

I have been able to beat Centurion in a 1v1 with my Kensei, Orochi, Valkyrie, Warden and PK by punishing him when he misses his kicks or when I parry his top heavy leap and/or his fully charged unblockables. At first he was oppressive but eventually I got used to his moveset and I can now read him much easier but that took a lot of practice fighting him.

squatchdog1
08-13-2017, 11:43 PM
You're the one who started a negative thread with nothing positive to say dude. If you want to be upset at being called out for it then be upset at yourself.

You didn't call me out..you just called me childish PFFT!

squatchdog1
08-13-2017, 11:45 PM
Feel free to add me. I'll game with ya when I'm playing For Honor.

Is RatedChaotic your tagger name?

UbiJurassic
08-14-2017, 01:32 AM
I'm on Xbox one platform the code is 0006000118 and this one came up once 0006000148

I'm relatively familiar with the first error code, 6000118 (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000026680/Error-Code-6000118-FH-PC-XB1-PS4/). Some users have reported that the error became less frequent after restarting the game or console. If it's coming up repetitively, I'd definitely give that a try.

As for the 6000148, I'm actually not too familiar with that one or its cause. If you reach out to the support team (support.ubi.com), they might be able to tell you more about the error and offer some possible troubleshooting assistance with it.

Jiblet2017
08-14-2017, 04:36 AM

He was giving feedback on his experience for new players or people debating purchasing the game. How is there anything wrong with that? I dont see that as inherently negative. In fact, I appreciate honest review from both sides when deciding to purchase or invest more time into a game.

You on the other hand took the time to reply rudely and assume you know someone who seemed to be pretty even keeled (twice). Maybe a little introspection is in order for you chief.

But at least you got the "you started it" defense down. :p

dragon7jdc
08-14-2017, 06:14 AM
One more thing. every centurion main will tell and try to convince you that centurion is not OP just so they can destroy you. so its up to you wether to buy an dplay or not. no one is forcing you here. i love the game and always recommend it to others i also still and will be playing the game until i am fed up or something similar but better comes out. but one thing for sure everyone should know about for honor and its downsides they have the right to. why hide it from them ?

Bob__Gnarly
08-15-2017, 12:11 AM
Good post OP.

Game is still in terrible shape after a ridiculously long time, people should be warned what they're getting into before it's too late.

Vakris_One
08-15-2017, 01:23 AM
He was giving feedback on his experience for new players or people debating purchasing the game. How is there anything wrong with that? I dont see that as inherently negative. In fact, I appreciate honest review from both sides when deciding to purchase or invest more time into a game.

You on the other hand took the time to reply rudely and assume you know someone who seemed to be pretty even keeled (twice). Maybe a little introspection is in order for you chief.

But at least you got the "you started it" defense down. :p
First off, let's not pretend like the OP made the most politely worded, level headed and unbiased review of the game okay.

Secondly, am I somehow not allowed to give my opinion about the tone of his thread?