PDA

View Full Version : Patch Note v1.11 Disabling Move Section

nufrancis
08-11-2017, 04:30 AM
Hi all,

I read the section about change in disabling move and Im not quite understand its content.

Can somedoby explain to me about this section like im an elementary school kid?

Tundra 793
08-11-2017, 04:54 AM
I don't blame anyone if they just straight up don't get that whole section of the notes. It reads a bit odd to me, like they're using a whole new set of terminology I'm not aware of.

But, as I understand it, with the update; Disabling moves will no longer keep you disabled or "pinned" if players synchronise their attacks. Say if, and I'm just completely making up this scenario, 2 or more Centurions keep tossing their kicks and pins at you, as it is now, you're gonna keep getting disabled and can't escape or fight back.

With the update, even if 2 Centurions hit you with disabling moves, only 1 of them will actually disable you. Both will still damage you, but you will be able to escape the stun lock and get back in the fight.
The animation for 1 disabling move plays out, and then you get back up again.

It's essentially the developers solution to the most broken parts of the Unblockable spam you can get in 4v4 modes, I.E. moves that keep you disabled for so long that you're powerless to fight in any way.
You're just going to be able to get stun locked a lot less.

I'm sure someone else can break this down much better than me, but that's what I got from the notes. But again, am I the only one who has never seen some of the terms they used to describe this?

High-Horse
08-11-2017, 05:12 AM
Sounds like the moves listed would put both the attacker and the victim into a special animation together that's visually in sync. That animation could be interrupted for the victim if hit, so another push-sync attack would lock them into another synchronized animation, chain stun-locking the victim. They apparently ignore Generic Reactions.

There's a regular animation (generic reaction) the victim plays out when hit with normal attacks and a bump animation when hit with melee attacks, like Warlord Headbutt. If a victim is hit with these and plays the animation, another hit taken during the animation would not cause a reaction. I think that's why these second hits make the victim flash with Super Armor?

Oh yeah, so now the listed moves cannot be interrupted by another hit, so if pinned during a pin, you don't get repinned, just take the damage.

Mia.Nora
08-11-2017, 05:22 AM
My understanding is that; previously disabler moves had a set animation both for victim and attacker. They were locked into the animation until over regardless of what else happens. A second disabler with similar property happening during first one would mean getting locked into second animation the moment it starts.

With new change, new animation wont start, and once first animation is over, you will be free. So only coordinated groups will be able to %100 stunlock you instead of randoms spamming disablers.

And this will absolutely do nothing to the real problem with centurion's 6 second stunlock of death, since all of it is still guaranteed the moment they land a charged heavy during gank. Otherwords RIP dominion for another at least 3+ months.

nufrancis
08-11-2017, 05:27 AM
I don't blame anyone if they just straight up don't get that whole section of the notes. It reads a bit odd to me, like they're using a whole new set of terminology I'm not aware of.

But, as I understand it, with the update; Disabling moves will no longer keep you disabled or "pinned" if players synchronise their attacks. Say if, and I'm just completely making up this scenario, 2 or more Centurions keep tossing their kicks and pins at you, as it is now, you're gonna keep getting disabled and can't escape or fight back.

With the update, even if 2 Centurions hit you with disabling moves, only 1 of them will actually disable you. Both will still damage you, but you will be able to escape the stun lock and get back in the fight.
The animation for 1 disabling move plays out, and then you get back up again.

It's essentially the developers solution to the most broken parts of the Unblockable spam you can get in 4v4 modes, I.E. moves that keep you disabled for so long that you're powerless to fight in any way.
You're just going to be able to get stun locked a lot less.

I'm sure someone else can break this down much better than me, but that's what I got from the notes. But again, am I the only one who has never seen some of the terms they used to describe this?

Thx bro, your explanation give a bit of light of that content.

This is nice action by the devs, but still Im hoping they take off the pinning ability of centurions completely, because thats what make him OP in 4vs4