PDA

View Full Version : Dominion is a whole 'nother thing

DoodTheMan
08-11-2017, 03:36 AM
Just played a Dominion game where all my teammates were like level a million and covered in gold. We lost by like 700 points because these guys would just go around ganking and spending too much time 1v3'ing dudes popping multiple revenges while they're teammates captured zones and killed soldiers. At one point I was boosting a zone, and the Lawbringer came over and started hitting me with his zone attack. I thought "he's a big slow guy so I guess he's telling me he's gonna boost." but no, the moment I left the point he booked it back to B. He was that high a level and he didn't even know what boosting was, and thought I was like AFK or something.

Guess it just goes to show that dueling skills and level don't mean as much as you think in Dominion.

SwellChemosabe
08-11-2017, 03:53 AM
Dominion has kind of reduced itself into a gank fest of people trying to get the most kills for the most amount of xp, as opposed to being a team based mode where everyone works together to capture and hold the objectives. A lot of dominion games I go into now I find that I'm the only one actively running around capturing objectives are clearing out the minion mosh pit.

The_B0G_
08-11-2017, 05:01 AM
Boosting and holding points in Dominion should reward higher points than ganking 15 people in the length of a match.

Doing this would change the entire strategy of Dom players, ganking should get you less and less points as more and more teammates get involved, 2v1? A decent amount reward, maybe half or a quarter worth of a kill for an assist, 3v1, a tenth of what a kill is worth for an assist, 4v1, no points awarded for assists, half or quarter points for the kill.

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 10:42 AM
It is something that is happening more often, that or murderball attempts.You can 1v3 effectively if you are denying them points in a zone, I've caused a 400 point swing that way) but it does nothing for your personal score so many people wouldn't do that.

Halvtand
08-11-2017, 11:33 AM
Well, I don't know about you guys, but i generally play the heavy classes. I stay in the zones as much as i can and try to boost the crap out of it. Quite regularly I'm either the top player in my team or at least among the best in the game even though I might have more deaths than kills. Playing the dudes as instructed makes a big difference.