PDA

View Full Version : How much salt? Seriously?

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Is it just me or have the sodium levels gone up dramatically? I just got wow spammed in dominion because a guy, knowing I was there, didn't like that I got a spear sweep on him while he was fighting a partner. This is in dominion? The honour lot will be expecting orderly queues in skirmish next >.>

I got through dominion, decided to go to duel, I haven't done a string of these in a while to the point I am losing more 1v1s in dominion than winning and am utterly lost in 1v2 where I used to win 1v3's, also wanting to give my valk another go because I kind of gave up on her but I have no disabler that I am actively working on. I met a warlord, and I am not spammy with my sweep, I hit one, a heavy, dodge back because I dislike putting myself that close to stamina loss, I actually try the shoulder pin, shield rush and superior block on lights as well, I like to use a character's full kit or as close to as I can. Anyhow I beat him first round by dodging his shield crush and getting hunter pounce and a follow up light into his back, second round, again I dodged, this time a top heavy, tripped him after a couple lights and he quit from there.

I am honestly kind of hoping anyone new on the free weekend doesn't run into either of these two.

That_guy44
08-10-2017, 07:01 PM
I got hatemail yesterday after a dominion match because my opponent was upset I turtled against a 1v2 and then went aggro once the odds were back to 3v2. I was then called a ***** because I didn't 1v1 later in the match. My response was simply dominion is a team mode.

Lyskir
08-10-2017, 07:05 PM
i dont get it ether, 4v4 is a clusterf**** , there is no honor in this gamemode and it should be that way

i like 1vX because i can fight like a madman and kill 1 or 2, that battleground feeling is just awesome

RenegadeRasta
08-10-2017, 07:08 PM
So you rant about how you beat someone. Ok.

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 07:28 PM
So you rant about how you beat someone. Ok.

Not ranting that I beat the guy, just wondering why it is a thing to quit when an opponent isn't even using the spam stuff people whine about and why one apparently expects bowing and 1v1 duels in 4v4.

Arekonator
08-10-2017, 07:35 PM
BREAKING NEWS: People on internet act like *******s. Who would have thought.

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 07:39 PM
BREAKING NEWS: People on internet act like *******s. Who would have thought.

Fair point! lol

Helnekromancer
08-10-2017, 07:46 PM
After getting my 3rd Communication Ban soley from this game, I tend to play PvE more than anything else. Level 3 Bots are way better to fight against and they don't constantly whine and crash my game.I sometimes go play PvP when i want to test out the Rep 5 Samurais I've been grinding, to see if they can beat players or if an Event only have PvP.

psyminion
08-10-2017, 08:29 PM
I've had psn messages from people not on my friends list turned off for ages now (because of gta online)

the only For Honor messages I get are friend requests.

I refuse to accept salt.

SwellChemosabe
08-11-2017, 01:12 AM
I've had psn messages from people not on my friends list turned off for ages now (because of gta online)

the only For Honor messages I get are friend requests.

I refuse to accept salt.

I'm quite the opposite. I welcome the salt. It fuels my soul with purpose.....purpose to reign down the almighty mountains of sodium!

That and it honestly make me laugh whenever I get hate mail. Had one game where I was the last one alive on my team, last round and the score was tied. They enemy decided to have some honor, take me on one by one, and they lost because of it. The best part of it all though was the final "do or die" move against a Valkyrie. She lunge attacked right into a move that I initiated at the same time and the entire team messaged me telling me they're reporting me for cheating. Twas a beautiful moment of me laughing so hard I had to put my controller down for a bit.

psyminion
08-11-2017, 01:44 AM
I'm quite the opposite. I welcome the salt. It fuels my soul with purpose.....purpose to reign down the almighty mountains of sodium!

That and it honestly make me laugh whenever I get hate mail. Had one game where I was the last one alive on my team, last round and the score was tied. They enemy decided to have some honor, take me on one by one, and they lost because of it. The best part of it all though was the final "do or die" move against a Valkyrie. She lunge attacked right into a move that I initiated at the same time and the entire team messaged me telling me they're reporting me for cheating. Twas a beautiful moment of me laughing so hard I had to put my controller down for a bit.

I hope you have the seasons pass so you can be first in line collecting the sweet sweet highland/gladiator salt. :)

I won't be diving back into PvP till I've done a couple of rounds as both in custom, it's gonna be weird. lol

SwellChemosabe
08-11-2017, 01:50 AM
I hope you have the seasons pass so you can be first in line collecting the sweet sweet highland/gladiator salt. :)

I won't be diving back into PvP till I've done a couple of rounds as both in custom, it's gonna be weird. lol

Funny as I actually do have it. Same here though, gonna get my practice in then dive head first into PVP. With all the salt bout to come my way I guess you could call it the.......seasoned....pass

:cool: *YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! **

WABO423
08-11-2017, 01:56 AM
Funny as I actually do have it. Same here though, gonna get my practice in then dive head first into PVP. With all the salt bout to come my way I guess you could call it the.......seasoned....pass

https://www.google.com/search?q=ba+dum+tss+meme&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=ivmn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXlsOd_M3VAhUJPCYKHWg9BwQQ_AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=8W64gseLP_ewkM:

Rep30Lawbro
08-11-2017, 02:10 AM
You'd love this then, I got a message from someone on the opposite team after a Dominion fight saying "go kills yourself and shove that Good Fight up your bum" all because I said Good Fight at the end of the match. So it appears even Been respectful is toxic now.

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 02:14 AM

Yeah I am going to do same as I did last season, before going into pvp playing using and against the new characters in custom, know your enemy and all.

SwellChemosabe
08-11-2017, 02:27 AM
You'd love this then, I got a message from someone on the opposite team after a Dominion fight saying "go kills yourself and shove that Good Fight up your bum" all because I said Good Fight at the end of the match. So it appears even Been respectful is toxic now.

It's honestly not even about the fact that you were respectful, they were probably just mad that they lost because they cherish their KD so dearly. Love it when that happens though. I like to mix it up with my replies like "Oh yes! tell me more! Tell me how tiny my d*#k is! mmmmm yeah! talk to me about that time you slept with my mom!" Usually weirds them out enough to where they just stop messaging.

Yeah I am going to do same as I did last season, before going into pvp playing using and against the new characters in custom, know your enemy and all.

I'm surprised more people don't do this. It seems to me that you'd waste more time learning how to use the character in PVP outright than just making a custom match and matching yourself against different bots of different levels until you've got a good feel for the character. Though that might be what causes the most hatemail; player learns a new character through a few hours of practice and then destroys enemy teams in pvp so they assume the new characters are OP.

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 03:01 AM
I'm surprised more people don't do this. It seems to me that you'd waste more time learning how to use the character in PVP outright than just making a custom match and matching yourself against different bots of different levels until you've got a good feel for the character. Though that might be what causes the most hatemail; player learns a new character through a few hours of practice and then destroys enemy teams in pvp so they assume the new characters are OP.

Yeah me too. I practised Shinobi for a couple of hours before taking him into pvp, got the mixups I wanted down to muscle memory, got the distance of his dash and timing of his deflects. Second day in I beat a warden in duel and induced a meltdown so bad it was two xbox messages of pure salt, but if he had practised against a bot I wouldn't have had it as easily as I did..

Jarl.Felix
08-11-2017, 10:23 AM
OP looks like he just discovered elephants and it's so amazed :))
For a dude who visit forum and posts 10 posts a day comes now and says : "OMG no honor in dominion, what is this saltiness, why do they gang me? I'm such a nice person ! "
Priceless... =))

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 10:34 AM
OP looks like he just discovered elephants and it's so amazed :))
For a dude who visit forum and posts 10 posts a day comes now and says : "OMG no honor in dominion, what is this saltiness, why do they gang me? I'm such a nice person ! "
Priceless... =))

That is quite amusing, because, um, what I actually said was that the guy complained because I didn't let him have his honour battle, if you read carefully I said the guy wow spammed me because despite knowing I was there he was so shocked I spear swept him from behind. I don't have an honourable bone in my body in 4v4 or 2v2.

So yeah...troll harder?

Jarl.Felix
08-11-2017, 10:54 AM
I know exactly what I read. My whole point was on a general idea. You decided to make a thread because someone WOW spammed you in DOMINION no matter the reasons :)

And you act like wow and I quote "is this dominion?" (shocking emoji here) :))

It's not like it's your first dominion game.

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 10:58 AM
I know exactly what I read. My whole point was on a general idea. You decided to make a thread because someone WOW spammed you in DOMINION no matter the reasons :)

And you act like wow and I quote "is this dominion?" (shocking emoji here) :))

It's not like it's your first dominion game.

No, it isn't my first game, it is just the first time I have had honour folk spam me in it, and clearly you didn't know what you read considering you were saying I was all why are they ganging up on me, so nice u-turn there, are you a politician by any chance?

Charmzzz
08-11-2017, 11:38 AM
I only get salty when people are emote spamming after killing me in a 1vX. After they do this I go full engage mode and completely use ledges and stuff to kill them asap. Or if they tell me "light / vortex spammer" when I am PK / Warden, even though I feinted, deflected, parried, GBed etc.... Call me this and I will show them how it can be abused on a whole different level.

Best part is when they keep telling that I can "only light / za spam" on my PK, but I executed them 2-3 times in that match. ^^

kweassa1
08-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Think of it this way Candle. More salt means more nubs around.

It's a good thing. :rolleyes:

MetalDevil19
08-11-2017, 05:59 PM
I still think you're biased as **** about Elimination. This kinda proves it. lol

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 06:01 PM
I still think you're biased as **** about Elimination. This kinda proves it. lol

If by that you mean I have a strong opinion that it should not be played as a series of 1v1's, I've never denied that. Point being?

MetalDevil19
08-11-2017, 06:06 PM
The title of the post, and yea, what you said. herp-a-der

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 06:12 PM
The title of the post, and yea, what you said. herp-a-der

Yeah and what I am saying is what you are saying is not exactly news, I am not one of the honour folk, I think in any game more than 1v1 anything goes, does in 1v1 also come to that meant more in terms of numbers, I think anyone that has been here for more than a couple months knows this about me.

So, um, how dare you insult me with the truth? *shrugs* If that was what you were after and all.

MetalDevil19
08-11-2017, 06:17 PM
Yeah and what I am saying is what you are saying is not exactly news, I am not one of the honour folk, I think in any game more than 1v1 anything goes, does in 1v1 also come to that meant more in terms of numbers, I think anyone that has been here for more than a couple months knows this about me.

So, um, how dare you insult me with the truth? *shrugs* If that was what you were after and all.

I don't care if the match im in is honorable or not, if someone does something not "Honorable," then I will act accordingly. I just play the game. I actually love getting the adreniline rush of fighting 2-3 people at a time. gets the heart pumping. ya know?

Sometimes I do well fighting more than one, sometimes not.

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 06:28 PM
This wasn't a debate on honour or whatever in any case, that argument will never be settled, best you can do is either set the pace or go with it, it was more the level of salt,and one of the examples I gave were 1v1 when not spamming moves just reacting to what the opponent was doing, is high which is a shame at a time that we are trying to bring in new players (which I still think should have come after servers were in place, connection leaving a poor two or three day impression and all).

Vakris_One
08-11-2017, 06:42 PM
I don't personally take "Wow!" spams as offensive or naturally salty. Where did the notion that 3 "Wows" in a row = salty come from?

MetalDevil19
08-11-2017, 06:46 PM
I'll give this free weekend until saturday. cuz right now, theres still no players regardless of free on pc. Every mode is on low population, execept dominion, but dominion can suck my balls, I would never touch it unless an order says otherwise.

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 07:01 PM
I don't personally take "Wow!" spams as offensive or naturally salty. Where did the notion that 3 "Wows" in a row = salty come from?

Not trying to turn this into an honour argument, like I said that is never going to be settled and I am tired of arguing it, people know my view and as you pointed out before there is wrong on all sides, but try attacking your partner's opponent in brawl when all the other three are set on one on ones, at times, either your partner will spam sorry as they disengage and you will usually get three lots of wow from everyone after the match or you just get three lots of wow right away. I had my screen absolutely flooded with it from people of both colours in elimination once as well.

Alustar.exe
08-11-2017, 08:19 PM

I don't think it takes someone with a doctorates in psychology to know what three successive "wow"s in a row means. I've don't it, You've done it, bet money most people here have at least once. We've all been there.

psyminion
08-11-2017, 08:46 PM
I'm not salty when I spam wow. I am usually generally wow'ed by something, like a shinobi kicking 3 people off the cliff after me.... I'm not even mad... I'm impressed!

when people spam wow in response to what I do, I like to say 'thanks' :) ... and maybe 'sorry' if I was cheap. ;)

when on the winning team I don't pay much mind to the mad ravings of a losing team.

don't worry about it Candle. it's not honor crowd vs gank squads, it's just regular old PvP salt.