PDA

View Full Version : Patchnotes from August 10th ???

Lyskir
08-10-2017, 06:24 PM
are those the patchnotes for live server next week or PTR ? im very confused right now because Deff meta changes are in this match xD

maybe i missed something

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-298289-16/for-honor-v111-patch-notes

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Looks like that is what is dropping on Tuesday as it has the heroes and maps.

Lyskir
08-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Looks like that is what is dropping on Tuesday as it has the heroes and maps.

uhm ok :O

i thought they release the meta change with 4. Season

that is surprising wow

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 06:42 PM
uhm ok :O

i thought they release the meta change with 4. Season

that is surprising wow

They said last week or the week before that some of it was coming in with the new season, some was just in the testing stages.

That_guy44
08-10-2017, 07:19 PM
Nah. This can't be the right patch notes. Because if they were, I'd see something about button mapping for consoles.

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Nah. This can't be the right patch notes. Because if they were, I'd see something about button mapping for consoles.

They didn't promise it when they talked about patch notes so I fail to see the surprise.

That_guy44
08-10-2017, 08:02 PM
They didn't promise it when they talked about patch notes so I fail to see the surprise.

The surprise is, it's now August and I still can't button map for honor on my ps4.

Knight_Raime
08-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Hmm. was expecting more in the balance department.
But unless I was reading wrong it doesn't seem like the OOS changes that were on ptr are making it in with this patch.
I'm glad they stamped out a lot more unparryable tech.

I guess we will see the big sweeping character balance patch later this season.
hopefully they don't take too long to add in the rest of PTR 2's changes.

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 08:18 PM
I am a bit confused as to why one of the maps aren't being released in dominion. I'll skirmish just to get that map :p but yeah goes against the curve. It is good that one of the maps has an area specifically designed for duel though.

Knight_Raime
08-10-2017, 08:21 PM
I am a bit confused as to why one of the maps aren't being released in dominion. I'll skirmish just to get that map :p but yeah goes against the curve. It is good that one of the maps has an area specifically designed for duel though.

i'm glad dueling is getting so much attention. I was worried 4v4 was going to be the only focus with this game initially.

Lyskir
08-10-2017, 08:24 PM
i'm glad dueling is getting so much attention. I was worried 4v4 was going to be the only focus with this game initially.

true

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 08:28 PM
Yeah between the new map and the changes to some old ones, duelling is getting some love. Honestly half the reason I don't duel so often is the number of insta-deaths.

UbiInsulin
08-10-2017, 08:35 PM
are those the patchnotes for live server next week or PTR ? im very confused right now because Deff meta changes are in this match xD

maybe i missed something

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-298289-16/for-honor-v111-patch-notes

These are indeed the patch notes for the live game and they do include defensive meta changes. :)

Knight_Raime
08-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Yeah between the new map and the changes to some old ones, duelling is getting some love. Honestly half the reason I don't duel so often is the number of insta-deaths.

Maybe I can actually enjoy seeing tower ruin show up now. instead of regretting my life.

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Maybe I can actually enjoy seeing tower ruin show up now. instead of regretting my life.

I stopped duelling because of that map. Before the Charge of the Oni nerf shugoki were impossible on it.

Lyskir
08-10-2017, 08:45 PM
These are indeed the patch notes for the live game and they do include defensive meta changes. :)

nice, good work :)

Oupyz
08-10-2017, 09:28 PM
no mention to parry and OOS stat maybe the patch notes are not complete .... who knows

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 09:45 PM
They flat out said those aren't in it yet on a Den, and they don't make it a habit to release unfinished patchnotes so you're stretching some there.

DoctorMcBatman
08-10-2017, 09:52 PM
Hm, surprised to see that Gladiator is an assassin. Interesting.

Baggin_
08-10-2017, 10:30 PM
The surprise is, it's now August and I still can't button map for honor on my ps4.

Simple fix for that is from the playstation settings go to accessibility and you can set your mapping from there. That's what I did.

That_guy44
08-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Simple fix for that is from the playstation settings go to accessibility and you can set your mapping from there. That's what I did.

Cool. I'll try that when I get home.

Moondyne_MC
08-10-2017, 11:24 PM
Cool. I'll try that when I get home.

It'll make menu navigation a bit trickier, as it'll remap controls for the whole PlayStation, not just the game. But it does work. (:

TheTKOShow
08-11-2017, 03:07 AM
It works in the sense if you change let's say the A button on Xbox to lb, then you have to hit lb to load a game.

Put in button mapping and plz include the start and menu button plz 😀 Ty

Shawn2572013
08-11-2017, 09:20 AM

I can button map in my ps4 setting.

Tyrjo
08-11-2017, 11:07 AM
I'm really gutted there is no Viking village in Dominion. :( Is it coming later?

kweassa1
08-11-2017, 12:21 PM
Seems like they took a step back in chip damage, which is a bit worrying. So, for example, basically Conquerors don't suffer chip damage at all.

On the flip side they did decide to remove Conq supblock on OOS, so at least if we get a Conq to OOS somehow, it'll be significantly better. That's at least encouraging, thankfully.

vgrimr_J
08-11-2017, 12:45 PM
still no direct centurion nerfs. unbelievable.

Trbevis
08-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Surely they arent releasing a map that you cant even play on most popular mode? Wow. Im already annoyed that you cant play dominion on cathedral and that other viking one. Put every map in with the ability for EVERY game mode please ubisoft.

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Seems like they took a step back in chip damage, which is a bit worrying. So, for example, basically Conquerors don't suffer chip damage at all.

On the flip side they did decide to remove Conq supblock on OOS, so at least if we get a Conq to OOS somehow, it'll be significantly better. That's at least encouraging, thankfully.

I did wonder how they were going to handle conqueror, because that is kind of his thing, I very definitely felt he needed to not have it oos but I was on the fence as to whether it would have gone against the fact that he is by nature a character that was meant to be defensive before the defensive meta took hold.

kweassa1
08-11-2017, 02:04 PM
I did wonder how they were going to handle conqueror, because that is kind of his thing, I very definitely felt he needed to not have it oos but I was on the fence as to whether it would have gone against the fact that he is by nature a character that was meant to be defensive before the defensive meta took hold.

The problem is that effectively, none of the major meta fixes touch the Conq at all at this state. Some heavier classes have certain stamina busting moves, but what are assassins gonna do against him? No chip damage, no way to bring down to OOS (unless in dominion and using feat skills). In a meta fix intended to fix turtling, he's become the biggest turtle of them all by just staying his ground whilst all the others were dragged down.

CandleInTheDark
08-11-2017, 02:16 PM
The problem is that effectively, none of the major meta fixes touch the Conq at all at this state. Some heavier classes have certain stamina busting moves, but what are assassins gonna do against him? No chip damage, no way to bring down to OOS (unless in dominion and using feat skills). In a meta fix intended to fix turtling, he's become the biggest turtle of them all by just staying his ground whilst all the others were dragged down.

Oh certainly, i get what you are saying, I just feel in his current state there is no right answer for the conqueror, a compromise might have been to have chip damage but at a lower percentage but he lives by good defence right now. It might be something to consider in a rework.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
08-11-2017, 03:17 PM
Expects Centurion nerfs so that a noob playing a centurion and a noob playing any other character (save shinobi B/C of how large his kit is to master) would be able to have a fair fight. Sees nothing more than ANOTHER bug fix

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS/giphy.gif