PDA

View Full Version : BAD gameplay choice ? Blocking stronger than Dodging !

Trenk2009
08-10-2017, 11:15 AM
Hi there, just wanted to ask a question to devs.

Why is blocking stronger than dodging?

I mean, dodging is already weaker than blocking because it can be countered by a gb and feints, while blocking in the other hand as almost no weaknesses apart from chip damages.

Yet for some reason, the dodging stagger time is longer than dodging blocking time.
If a berserker lands a heavy then a light you can't dodge the light but you can block it.

Considering dodge is way weaker than blocking I think it's stupid. I think dodge should have the same stagger time as blocking.

kweassa1
08-10-2017, 01:28 PM
...the game's strongest skills in utility, the one element that usually separates those considered "weak" tier from "strong" tier classes, is UBs and MAs (UB+UP)

So think really carefully if block can ever counter those, and then rethink if dodge is really "weaker" than block, or its just you misusing dodge.

Trenk2009
08-10-2017, 03:43 PM
...the game's strongest skills in utility, the one element that usually separates those considered "weak" tier from "strong" tier classes, is UBs and MAs (UB+UP)

So think really carefully if block can ever counter those, and then rethink if dodge is really "weaker" than block, or its just you misusing dodge.

UB ? UP ? So you're talking about vortexes?

Well I mean yes dodge is the only thing that can allow u to dodge a melee attack, but in any other situations, it's weaker.
I mean, I would like to play my shinobi by dodging, but most of the time I find my self in a situation where I know I can block but I try to dodge and it then appears that I can't and I find it really annoying to have to play the shino the same way I would play the warden; especially considering how incosistent my block is with shino...

High-Horse
08-10-2017, 03:48 PM

Well I mean yes dodge is the only thing that can allow u to dodge a melee attack, but in any other situations, it's weaker. So you're saying dodging is situational? I'd agree with that.

kweassa1
08-10-2017, 04:31 PM

Well I mean yes dodge is the only thing that can allow u to dodge a melee attack, but in any other situations, it's weaker.

What does that even mean? What "any other situation"?

Here's literally every "other situation" that exists in the game

- Someone attacks, you dodge. Defense success.
- Someone attacks, you block, Defense success.

- Someone attacks with UB or MA, you dodge, Defense success
- Someone attacks with UB or MA, you block, Defense failure

- Someone attacks with GB at your recovery time (parried, etc), you dodge, Defense failure
- Someone attacks with GB at your recovery time (parried, etc), you block, Defense failure

- Someone attacks with GB, you dodge, Defense failure
- Someone attacks with GB, you blcok(CGB), Defense success

<Score> Dodge 2 : 2 Block

So just what "other" situations were you talking about?

I mean, I would like to play my shinobi by dodging, but most of the time I find my self in a situation where I know I can block but I try to dodge and it then appears that I can't and I find it really annoying to have to play the shino the same way I would play the warden; especially considering how incosistent my block is with shino...

So your failure automatically means the game's flawed? Without inkling of consideration that maybe your dodge timing just isn't good? :rolleyes:

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 04:36 PM
What does that even mean? What "any other situation"?

Here's literally every "other situation" that exists in the game

- Someone attacks, you dodge. Defense success.
- Someone attacks, you block, Defense success.

- Someone attacks with UB or MA, you dodge, Defense success
- Someone attacks with UB or MA, you block, Defense failure

- Someone attacks with GB at your recovery time (parried, etc), you dodge, Defense failure
- Someone attacks with GB at your recovery time (parried, etc), you block, Defense failure

- Someone attacks with GB, you dodge, Defense failure
- Someone attacks with GB, you blcok(CGB), Defense success

<Score> Dodge 2 : 2 Block

So just what "other" situations were you talking about?

So your failure automatically means the game's flawed? Without inkling of consideration that maybe your dodge timing just isn't good? :rolleyes:

In fact when you add in chip damage, dodge might well make the difference if you manage your stamina, there were people calling for nerfs on it last week.