PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Skirmish is inactive. Can you do abything about that, Ubisoft?

RaiN_0F_PaiN
08-09-2017, 02:57 PM
It is inactive for a long time now. In 4v4 modes we are all forced to play Dominion, and Dominion only.

PS: It will be a **** experience for the new players to come, at free to play weekend.

AnEnticingSquid
08-09-2017, 03:45 PM
That's impossible... There is 1.3m players remember?

RaiN_0F_PaiN
08-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Aahhahahahah!
Good one. :D
Yeah, almost forgot.
Now
Skirmish
can
Rest
In
Peace.

Moondyne_MC
08-09-2017, 11:53 PM
It's not just PC. On PS4, the only modes active for weeks now have been Duels or Dominion. I've just got a friend in to the game this week, and he's still never once been able to play a brawl, elimination or Skirmish match.

There seems to be a matchmaking issue wherein it'll NEVER allow me to host and create a lobby. In Dominion after a certain period of time searching, it'll just create a lobby with me as host and it'll fill up almost immediately. Never happens in Deathmatches.

Vakris_One
08-10-2017, 01:06 AM
The only populated modes on PC seem to be Dominion and Duel. Brawl has recently increased to "Medium activity" - maybe an influx of returning players perhaps?

Elim and Skirmish have been tumbleweed city ever since I bought the game close to two months ago. I occassionally get into Skirmish and Elim matches whenever there's an order for them. Honestly though, it feels like I paid to play half a game when only 2 out of the 5 modes are able to be consistently played with other people. I don't know where they pulled 1.3 million unique players from but I sure wish these mythic 1.3 million players would come and play with us already. All the modes were actually more populated during the betas :(

RaiN_0F_PaiN
08-10-2017, 11:25 AM
So, we definitely need a reply on this from a moderator.
Took a longer break from the game, about 2 months ago skirmish was okay. It always showed low activity but was able to play it. After 2-4 mins waiting time, max. Came back back to the game not long ago. Now its not playable, no matter how long you wait.
A reply plus a fix on this would be good, actually...

[PC]

Draghmar
08-10-2017, 11:52 AM
You won't get any meaningful reply here. If it's not a bug (and it doesn't seem so) then it just because there are no enough players in your region and around your region for those modes. I have the same problem but mostly with Skirmish where I could not even finish order because I can't find any match.

Corvos_Vim
08-10-2017, 11:58 AM
Lol Xbox seems to have no issue. Pretty much all modes are in High activity.

Maybe that is how they got that number. Honestly they should just Merge 4v4 modes and split 1v1 and 2v2 so all 3 faction war areas are covered.

Then implement i vote on gametype then maps.

R-a-g-e.
08-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Skrimish is not the only mode that is inactive on PC in Europe.
I can hardly find opponents in brawl and elimination too, no matter at which time of the day I look for players.
Even in the events (realistic elimination...) I can hardly find opponents.

The only modes where I can find opponents are domination and duel.
In duels I often only find the same opponents so it seems that there are nearly no players too.

The game died after 6 months because they did not fix the major problems.

There are over 20.000 reviews on Steam so that means that over 20.000 players bought the game on Steam.
When you look at the numbers that are online then you can see that there are only 1.000 - 1.500 players online.
The numbers of active players decreased by at least 95% on Steam.
I do not think that the numbers on Uplay are different.

I hope that they will finally fix the problems so that the players return. If they do not fix the problems then I can throw the game into the dustbin at the end of this year.

RatedChaotic
08-10-2017, 01:56 PM
Lol Xbox seems to have no issue. Pretty much all modes are in High activity.

Maybe that is how they got that number. Honestly they should just Merge 4v4 modes and split 1v1 and 2v2 so all 3 faction war areas are covered.

Then implement i vote on gametype then maps.

Thats not true. Everything is low activity except Dominion. Its the only one that shows high activity on my screen when I'm playing.

Ujir0
08-10-2017, 02:08 PM
the only possible solution here is matchmaking cross-platform.

It's mostly been like this from launch tbh, u get forced playing this toxic AF dominion mode because the rest is non-active.

Apart from that, they should fix the exp/steel rewards as well, you get most for dominion now which is just outright bollocks.

RatedChaotic
08-10-2017, 02:26 PM
Crossplatform matchmaking will not work in this game. Imagine playing vs a High end PC on a console. No way dude. Your crazy.

PC players vs Console players will never work here. The game is different on each. Now PS vs Xbox would work better but Sony and Microsoft wouldnt do that anyway.

The_B0G_
08-10-2017, 02:33 PM
I think they only thing keeping most people from playing skirmish was the contracts, now that most can be done in any mode, people don't want to play it, because it's Dominion without objectives, just gank after gank, it's boring.

Elimination to me is just as boring as duels and is too slow. Every round starts with a staring contest, no one fights aggressively anymore because you will lose.

That leaves Dominion, if I run into someone who never attacks and tries to play the turtlethen attack game on me I'll just walk away or wait until a teammate comes.

Recently I've been getting into the skill range where nearly everyone I face just sits and waits, never attacking. My friends always comment on it whenever they matchmake with me, they always do worse than usual playing with me because of the turtles.

I think this is the reason most people stop playing all the other modes and start playing only Dominion. When I face really bad turtles I'll just say "Wow" and walk away to another zone of a teammate.

R-a-g-e.
08-10-2017, 03:00 PM
the only possible solution here is matchmaking cross-platform.

That is impossible. On PC you get 60 FPS and above. On consoles you only get 30 FPS.
PC would have a huge advantage.
I bought the game on XBox, then I sold it and now I play it on PC.
With 60 FPS it feels like a new game.