PDA

View Full Version : Berserker's Slashing Rush

rastassin
08-08-2017, 02:54 AM
What is it good for? Is it any kind of situation when u can use it for your advantage? I thought maybe i can use it against Centurion kick but never managed to do it :D Tips?
(Slashing Rush is when u step back and push your zone attack so basically it is supposed to be an escape move)

Tundra 793
08-08-2017, 02:59 AM
I know some of the other 'Zerker mains have complained about it in the past, something about it being difficult/annoying to use, so I'm guessing they found something useful about it.

Personally I've never used it, don't see much of a point. If you wanna escape, just roll or dodge away. Why lock yourself into that dumb zone attack animation when the only thing you're attacking is the air?

For the Cents kick, i usually just dodge to either side of him, giving you a few options on how you'd like to punish him from there.

S0Mi_xD
08-10-2017, 10:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6kDCjDCr9s&t=314s

Here a video, i learned to use it frequently. The only problem is it is based on the same input as the Zone attack, that means, it happens that the game registers the Slashing Rush input as a Zone input and that can bring you in a big disadvantage, because the zone eats more than half your stamina, and pushes you foward, but actually your plan was to fall back with Slashing Rush.

Most of the time i use it as a bait or to confuse the enemy.
It perfectly counters Wardens shoulderbash, but against centurions kick it is abit more tricky, because of centurions tracking.
You can say it is a "high lvl" skill.

bmason1000
08-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Wardens shoulder bash is the only consistent use I've ever gotten out of it, but i haven't used it in a long time.

I'd like to see the input changed to back dash + attack. Since its kind of a back dash attack anyway and removing the zone input will remove the inconsistencies. I'd like this move to be a common part of my play style, why back dodge when you can also attack, but its too much of a hazard to attempt frequently.