PDA

View Full Version : The real problem behind the centurion

Porch-Skunk
08-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Honestly, i like the centurion, and I don't think hes broken. The problem is, the other characters need to be brought to his level. Hes the only character in the game that has actual viable combos. For example the charged heavy into punch into ground finisher. Not only does this combo do massive damage but it ****s ur stamina. Which is fine, but I want to be able to do that on other characters as well if thats going to be a thing. The other characters can be stopped in their combo, for example the heavy from conquerer into shield bash, that bash is totally dodgeable. The benefit of charging the centurion heavy should be that it throws off timing and can become unblockable, not that when it lands fully charged you get a stamina ****er punch into ground heavy for massive dmg. Could u imagine if the shugoki could do that?

Thats really the only problem i see with him is that combo. And usually I can parry it, but if i miss time it, thats a huge hit to take compared to ANY other character in the game. Even the warden does not have some combo like that, although i think the creation of the centurion was a great way to take heat off the warden lol. Sure he is beatable and thats good and all, but god damn, the meta is about to change in future updates, and u know that ****s gonna get worse with the crush of defensive meta....

also look forward to future post : Nerf Highlander, a short story.

kweassa1
08-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Honestly the only real problem I see, especially after the PTS2 testing is;

(1) some guaranteed parry combos that should be disallowed or tweaked
(2) the huge stamina pool (series of 6~7 moves in a single-chain combo, and not even 50% stamina used even without gear)
(3) certain combos in certain situations -- like attacking with a normal charged heavy as a downed-attack against someone, to immediately chain up a full charged jab for a second knockdown

Blasto95
08-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Honestly the only real problem with Centurion is that people just can not stop making posts about him being "OP".

Ive already said, at this point nerf him into nothing. At least we wont hear all these complaints anymore.

You couldve brought up some great points and some interesting fixes. Sorry, I didnt read it. This whole topic has been talked about more than anything else on this forum.

Wolf-Heathen
08-07-2017, 08:31 PM
If, in your attempt to justify one OP hero, you're saying he's not OP, just everyone else is UP, then, sir, you've just countered your own point.

No one else has a cinematic combo where you lose all your stamina, can't react, get pinned, and takes 40% of your HP.
No one else has such a low stamina cost for unblockable attacks that literally lets you spam your moves 2-3x more than other characters before going into out of stamina state.
No one else has such ridiculously high stamina drain.
No one else has heavy attacks that are as fast as lights.

Let's give those tools to every other character. I'm sure the game will be better off for it.

Hormly
08-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Please no, I dont want this game to change to the 'stunlock' meta

Knight_Raime
08-07-2017, 11:21 PM
I can't really agree since "his level" is b tier. where most of the cast is anyway.
If anyone actually believe's he's better than anyone in A tier or warlord tier they're just salty about centurion.

S0Mi_xD
08-07-2017, 11:42 PM
I can't really agree since "his level" is b tier. where most of the cast is anyway.
If anyone actually believe's he's better than anyone in A tier or warlord tier they're just salty about centurion.

I don't believe in tiers :D

Knight_Raime
08-07-2017, 11:54 PM
I don't believe in tiers :D

You don't have to believe in tiers.
He's not better than those heros. You don't need a tier list to prove that.

S0Mi_xD
08-08-2017, 12:39 AM
You don't have to believe in tiers.
He's not better than those heros. You don't need a tier list to prove that.

And about which heros are you talking ?
Who is "better/higher tier" ? And why do you think so?

UbiJurassic
08-08-2017, 01:17 AM
Honestly, i like the centurion, and I don't think hes broken. The problem is, the other characters need to be brought to his level. Hes the only character in the game that has actual viable combos. For example the charged heavy into punch into ground finisher. Not only does this combo do massive damage but it ****s ur stamina. Which is fine, but I want to be able to do that on other characters as well if thats going to be a thing. The other characters can be stopped in their combo, for example the heavy from conquerer into shield bash, that bash is totally dodgeable. The benefit of charging the centurion heavy should be that it throws off timing and can become unblockable, not that when it lands fully charged you get a stamina ****er punch into ground heavy for massive dmg. Could u imagine if the shugoki could do that?

Thats really the only problem i see with him is that combo. And usually I can parry it, but if i miss time it, thats a huge hit to take compared to ANY other character in the game. Even the warden does not have some combo like that, although i think the creation of the centurion was a great way to take heat off the warden lol. Sure he is beatable and thats good and all, but god damn, the meta is about to change in future updates, and u know that ****s gonna get worse with the crush of defensive meta....

also look forward to future post : Nerf Highlander, a short story.

We're definitely eyeing the Centurion for some changes, but nothing to announce just yet. A lot of players were concerned with the new stamina changes in the PTS and how it would exacerbate preexisting problems with Centurion. We made sure to get those thoughts over to the team.

Please no, I dont want this game to change to the 'stunlock' meta
We're going to try and prevent that with changes to stacking CC moves to stunlock in Season 3.

Knight_Raime
08-08-2017, 02:08 AM
And about which heros are you talking ?
Who is "better/higher tier" ? And why do you think so?

Warlord, warden, PK, shin.

All have solid ways of opening people. Something he lacks.
and a majority of their kits are useful at any level.
Centurions kit becomes less useful the higher up in skill brackets you go.
(in terms of 1v1) I can't speak on 4v4.

dragon7jdc
08-09-2017, 01:20 PM
i think centurion should be buffed more not nerfed. maybe make his attackes un parryable pluse give him continuous hyper armor. i hope i didnt forget anything.

Shakti.
08-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Dunno guys. FOr me Centurion is still a plague. In dominion I instantly leave if there aqre 2 of those or 1 plus raider.
It is an unfair class that was threated unfairly Look at shinobi. Nerfed was needed and he got one. Tey still need to balance him but at least was adrassed.
Centurion is untouched and no effort was made to even aknowledge our position.

Nevermind cause at least one of the 2 new heroes will break the game one wat or another.

Nickeloneon
08-09-2017, 09:11 PM
i think centurion should be buffed more not nerfed. maybe make his attackes un parryable pluse give him continuous hyper armor. i hope i didnt forget anything.

He should have longer reach (extend it from 500 meters to 1 kilometer), and also improve the tracking on his unblockable, dodging it shouldn't be an option.

Archeun
08-09-2017, 09:13 PM
Cent is stupidly good if you have 2 Cent's against 1 player. Otherwise, Cents are OK but not OP.