PDA

View Full Version : A question to Ubisoft or PTR players

THE_MAD_KlNG
08-05-2017, 11:55 PM
With the new Perry update coming in the future. I was wondering if it's going to hurt lb Perry counters. The unblockable top-heavy after a Perry connects about 50% of the time and depending on the character. Which I think is a good thing it's not a guaranteed all the time but it can help you out in a fight if nobody's expecting it. The stunning tap after a Perry connects all the time. And the spear charge connects some of the time ( I don't really use it that often so I don't know much about it). But what I'm wondering is with the new Perry update are these going to to have a greater chance of failing in the future I remember at the beginning before honor the top-heavy and spear charge barely connected it was luck if it did and I like the way they have it setup now and I would not like it to change. I don't know if it will I'm just kind of worried about it. So could Ubisoft or somebody from the PTR answer me if they still work or are we going back to them being useless like they were in the beginning.

Netcode_err_404
08-06-2017, 12:02 AM
With the new Perry update coming in the future. I was wondering if it's going to hurt lb Perry counters. The unblockable top-heavy after a Perry connects about 50% of the time and depending on the character. Which I think is a good thing it's not a guaranteed all the time but it can help you out in a fight if nobody's expecting it. The stunning tap after a Perry connects all the time. And the spear charge connects some of the time ( I don't really use it that often so I don't know much about it). But what I'm wondering is with the new Perry update are these going to to have a greater chance of failing in the future I remember at the beginning before honor the top-heavy and spear charge barely connected it was luck if it did and I like the way they have it setup now and I would not like it to change. I don't know if it will I'm just kind of worried about it. So could Ubisoft or somebody from the PTR answer me if they still work or are we going back to them being useless like they were in the beginning.

Top heavy riposte known as "blind justice" is not garanteed anymore on lights, so its becoming useless. They said they are making it feintable, but i doubt it would fix the fact that is too slow to connects.

Light riposte is guaranteed every time, and impalinf riposte,....

Well that one is bugged since d1, it only works nly if you do not switch your guard during the parry animation. And sometimes its blockable or parriable.

LB will be hitted hard with these new changes unless devs do not tweak him.

Knight_Raime
08-06-2017, 12:08 AM
The quick light after a parry is still guaranteed.
the impaling riposte Still works. and nothing on the ptr messes with it that i'm aware of.
The one that did get effected was his blind justice. that's no longer guaranteed.

They updated things to say that you'll be able to feint it and do a shove guaranteed if it lands.
Though I'm not sure that will be good enough for it in higher skilled matches.

It probably just needs a damage nerf but sped up to be 100% landable. and remove the blind on that and give it to the light after parry.
I'd like the light riposte to also let you flow into combos with it.

I don't think LB will be hit too hard with the ptr changes. since you won't be able to GB him during his start up heavies anymore he can throw those out more. That combined with no parry during OOS means he'll be able to do a lot of his unblockable mix ups for good chip and keep someone in OOS a bit longer.

I do think block+shove should be removed though.

UbiJurassic
08-06-2017, 12:25 AM
We're aware that some of the parry changes are going to have an effect on different moves intended to counter parrys. Questions regarding "Blind Justice" on Lawbringer has often been brought up to us. The plan is for us to do a balance pass on all the heroes to retool how those moves work going into those changes. So far, we've announced that Lawbringer's "Blind Justice" can now be feinted, and can also chain into a shove on hit. We'll have more announced changes coming in the near future to make these moves viable again, but for now the team is still continuing to pour over the feedback from the second PTS in order to best plan how we will approach these changes.

kweassa1
08-06-2017, 01:14 AM
My suggestion is:

(1) Give Blind Justice a "charge" mechanic -- we've already seen cents make good use of this.
(2) Uncharged Blind Justice will always be guaranteed with fast activation but low damage (20~25-ish)
(3) Charged Blind Justice will not be guaranteed, will be UB, can be canceled through feint, with high damage (45)

So the Lawb gets a choice to land quick, guaranteed damage that stuns, or use it as a feint-mix-up a la Kensei.