PDA

View Full Version : Leave Penalty Problem

Arenaeus-88
08-05-2017, 11:38 PM
So I stayed for a rematch in dominion, ended up against same premade 4 with 3 bots on my team. So I just have to stay in that match or have a leave penalty?

UbiJurassic
08-06-2017, 12:43 AM
The leave penalty has a 30 second grace period at the beginning of the match. If you find yourself in an unfavorable situation early on, you can leave without penalty.

Arenaeus-88
08-06-2017, 04:42 AM
Thanks so much, I really appreciate your response, I had no idea!

Droodlesaurus
08-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Is that why almost every game i end up with two players of my team leaving? Because there is no penalty to leaving early on? That's not such an efficient system, it just encourages people to leave games they don't find interesting enough and thus abandoning your team?

RatedChaotic
08-06-2017, 04:47 PM
Is that why almost every game i end up with two players of my team leaving? Because there is no penalty to leaving early on? That's not such an efficient system, it just encourages people to leave games they don't find interesting enough and thus abandoning your team?

What UBI failed to understand it did nothing to stop the kids that rage so hard they trash their keyboards, tv, or controllers.

Now not only do you still have a quiting problem, but you now have issues getting in full games from start to finish aswell.

I got into a Dominion match a few nights ago. It had 5mins to go when I got in as usual. Ran up to my first opponent shield bash and light attack chain. Before I stopped. He raged quit. Game sync crashed.I went back to AI afterwards. Screw that messy pvp. Every time I get to that point to pvp here. I have issues that make AI that more enjoyable and I go back to it.

Hell if I would actually finish and get rewarded for pvping. I would play it. But I'd rather try 4 dominions and finish them all with AI. Than trying 4 dominion pvp and only finish 1.

The_B0G_
08-06-2017, 08:54 PM
Just goto the ps4 menu/alt+f4(pc)/ xbox dashboard and close app. It take 3 mins tops to get into a new game.

UbiNoty
08-07-2017, 12:10 AM
If you alt-f4 on PC, you will receive a penalty. And in the future we will be looking to fortify the quit-penalty further to prevent rage-quitting.

Malyngo
08-13-2017, 12:51 PM
How do you even leave between matches?
I just was playing a few matches, and then couldn't figure out how to leave. Which button do I need to press? Where on the screen do I need to look?

The UI between matches frankly is horrible. You don't really know when the UI will take your key presses. In the lower right, there is this "A Next", but it doesn't really seem to do anything as long as some time has passed and the UI shows me stuff I might or might not be interested in.

The UI in Ubi games recently looks like kinda some shop or something, and wants to discourage you to leave. The same case for Rainbow Six: Siege.
Please create UIs that are intuitive instead of this "We don't want you to leave" ****.

RatedChaotic
08-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Just goto the ps4 menu/alt+f4(pc)/ xbox dashboard and close app. It take 3 mins tops to get into a new game.

Ya and once they fix that. I know a few other ways. So I doubt they will be able to fix them all.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
08-13-2017, 03:28 PM
The leave penalty has a 30 second grace period at the beginning of the match. If you find yourself in an unfavorable situation early on, you can leave without penalty.

doesn't help the players who refuse to bite the bullet and stay in a match with useless bots on deathstreaks after their teammates have bitten said bullet and left.