PDA

View Full Version : 2 Unrelated but important notes

Ngallo22
08-05-2017, 11:30 PM
1. There has to be some sort of way for the dev's to allow us non-assassins to read their stances in these realistic modes.

It's near impossible for all of them, reactionary and visually. This is not only the case with all of them, but especially the case with the Shinobi ranged...

Obviously I understand that it is realistic, but at what point does it become a downright disadvantage to play anything other than an assassin when not playing these modes?

2. Friendly Fire is a cancer to this game

I understand that it's part of the game and you must be aware of your surroundings etc.. but there are key areas needing to be addressed with friendly-fire

A. Getting intentionally hit off of a revive....absolutely unnecessary and it's only done to steal a revive...

B. When you get interrupted of an execution....this goes without needing explanation. You earn the execution, for a teammate to disrupt it is unnecessary

C. Dying by a friendly poisonous hit...one shouldn't be able to die due to a friendly-hit. So many times have I been teaming up with someone and they accidentally hit me (which is ok and understandable) but literally taking the last segment of health off me and killing me, giving the kill to the enemy. At least make it so we can only go down to 1hp if hit by friendly-fire, but not it being fatal.

Thanks for reading and would love some feedback.

-Wit

UbiJurassic
08-06-2017, 01:23 AM
Definitely some interesting ideas. I can definitely see where Shinobi range could be an issue in realistic for sure, but perhaps some players might be able to offer some advice on how best to deal with it. I personally avoid try to block or parry ranged attacks from Shinobi and find that its safer to side dodge instead.

Friendly fire on the other hand is often contested by players. The damage done on friendly fire is rather low, but I can see where it could be a problem in some cases.

Definitely interested to hear feedback from others on this. :)

Trbevis
08-06-2017, 01:31 AM
Assassins are a massive pain in realistic on console, i imagine they arent soo bad on pc? if youre against a good shinobi or peacekeeper thats it game over. Beserker isnt too bad tbf, they can still wreck but i would much rather face him then the other two, friendly fire is fine and is anything should be made more powerful, the revive thing is annoying i get that but people need to stop ganking, and anything to pursuade people against it gets my vote including killing a teamate with a hit and losing renkown or something

Ngallo22
08-06-2017, 02:49 AM
I also apologize for the terrible grammar writing this.

I sounded like a kid writing that but I hope you all get my point.

The assassins will have a crazy advantage in this mode (I meant to say earlier that a NON-assassin would be at an obvious and tremendous DISadvantage playing realistic and it will be flooded with only assassins.

This is because the non-assassin classes are fairly projectable, whereas the assassins are meant to be concealed and essentially "stealthy" with their guard stance and attack placement.

SwellChemosabe
08-06-2017, 03:10 AM
I can attest to this as an assassin main. In realistic modes, the number of kills I get nearly doubles, it's insane. Not that I'm complaining ;) But that's how they were designed, and I'm not sure ubi would go out of there way to completely redesign these features. I recommend, as broken record player as it sounds, practice. Now hear me out: assassins don't have a fixed stance but they do at some point if they want to attack pick a direction from which to do so. If they don't, the default is top guard. I would get in a custom match and play as and against the assassin types to learn there moves, then do so again but watch how they move when they attack. practice this until you know by heart each and every executable move that can be performed by each assassin class. Then, and this next part is gonna sting a bit for those who cherish their stats, get in PVP and fight as the assassin class. find out what works, what doesn't work, what works conditionally under separate circumstances. Do all of this and I promise you you'll have an easier time fighting assassin classes in realistic game modes :)