PDA

View Full Version : Hype Train: Stay Hyped

Grymmstrife
08-05-2017, 08:11 PM
This is a thread I made to ask people what about this game has you most excited or concerned. Personally I am excited to essentially play another episode of South Park and take the hero classes out for a spin. I am concerned though that we will just get delayed again. lol I don't know that I can stay hyped for this game if it gets delayed yet again because while I did love Stick of Truth I completely forgot about it until we got the announcement on the final release date.

TheChrisTBH
08-05-2017, 10:30 PM
What has me most excited? Well, everything. But I'm particularly excited about seeing another installment of Coon & Friends as I always loved their superhero personas. I don't think it'll get delayed again. You never know, but I doubt it. They've said in the interviews that their certain, but of course they say that for the camera.

I'm just excited to fight along with my favorite heroes and explore the town again, especially the new buildings. The Medical Fried Chicken store will be in it!

Grymmstrife
08-05-2017, 11:17 PM
Is the Medical Fried Chicken going to be in it? I hadn't seen that but there always seems to be some screenshot I have yet to see. I'm also pretty excited to see how the town changes between night and day exploration. Are there going to be new things only available on the map at night or is it going to be some sort of palette swap where the only different thing is the lighting?

TheChrisTBH
08-06-2017, 07:55 AM
Judging by the map, it is the MFC. I was expecting lots of more buildings but it seems they've actually removed some. The Tower of Peace and City Sushi is gone. The only new buildings seem to be Medical Fried Chicken, Raisins, Peppermint Hippo and Buca De ***goncini

Grymmstrife
08-06-2017, 03:02 PM
I'll have to take a closer look at the map then. Even though the map looks the same at first glance I was hoping it would at least have more stuff packed in.

TheChrisTBH
08-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Oh and Cruncy's Micro Brew. I forgot about that one.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping it would be nearly twice as big. But seeing as at one point we'll be in Maphesto's lab, that's gotta be in it too.

Grymmstrife
08-06-2017, 03:57 PM
It occurs to me that they could do more with the woods in this game. Like, have enemies like before, but instead of a repeating forest they could have you go in certain directions for more locations like Maphestos lab or the Hell's Pass Hospital.

TheChrisTBH
08-06-2017, 04:36 PM
I hope Canada is still available in the game. I'm sure they don't want to rehash Stick of Truth and that's fine, but I just hope it's accessible. Doesn't have to be part of the main plot, just some side quests.

Seeing as Maphesto's lab in the show was actually located in the woods, or at least a bit away from the town with a bunch of trees behind, it would be neat if just like heading up leads to Canada, going left or right four times gets you to the lab. I think they avoided the hospital because it's so huge.

Grymmstrife
08-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Or they could do more with the Sewers in South Park instead of just throwing in a Mr. Hanky appearance and Crab people. Like maybe there are sewer entrances to certain buildings and maybe there is that cult's sacrificial pit somewhere down there. It's a classic videogame thing where you use the sewers to sneak into places you couldn't otherwise reach. Or have a super secret hard to find vendor down there that sells rare loot. If we look at all the things that have happened and with the goo turning people into zombies you could even say that the goo seeped into the sewers and made more poo down there sentient. Lol fighting poo enemies would be fun.

Grymmstrife
08-07-2017, 03:59 PM
I have to keep bumping this thread so I can see it on the front page and stay hyped. Alright so what about the Mall this time. Are we going to get to go into it or is it going to be blocked off again like in Stick of Truth. I notice that on the map we have it isn't even on it.

TheChrisTBH
08-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Too huge, most likely locked :(

Grymmstrife
08-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Yeah thats what I was thinking but a person can hope.

TheChrisTBH
08-07-2017, 07:51 PM
Then again they could just add the main floor and make all the stores inside inaccessible. It would be a rather big area, but would be neat to be there.

Grymmstrife
08-07-2017, 10:37 PM
I do wonder what kind of shops there will be in game. We seen the Peppermint Hippo one but I wonder if there will be stores that sell lower quality materials for crafting.

TheChrisTBH
08-08-2017, 07:17 AM
I suppose it depends on what items. We've seen tortillas as a "base craft item" which is used to craft a burrito I would guess. Things like that would probably only be in bars and restaurants. There will probably be stores all around and new ones will open as you progress.

Grymmstrife
08-08-2017, 03:16 PM
lol I can picture meth tweekers having a shop filled with random loot that rotates as time passes.

Grymmstrife
08-09-2017, 11:39 PM
To stay hyped I am watching more of the show. Season 12 E8 The China Problem is a good one.

TheChrisTBH
08-10-2017, 07:24 AM
I actually just recently found out that it's actually called The China ProbRem, with an R. Always called it "problem" before too :rolleyes:

Grymmstrife
08-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Ah, I think it was because I was watching it on DirectTV and they might have made it "problem".

Grymmstrife
08-11-2017, 04:19 AM
I won't be playing it on PC but for those that will the pc specs have been released. A google search can bring them up on some sort of Ubi blog. Stay hyped.

SMODfan
08-11-2017, 12:27 PM
A little over two months out, I think I am going to take the day after release off so I can just play once it comes in the mail on release day (and play with my Coonmobile) and then be able to play late and wake up and play all day, Been waiting long enough for this game not going to want to wait through another work day

Grymmstrife
08-11-2017, 03:21 PM
I can't believe I forgot about that lol. I need to go get October 17 and 18 off so I can play.

TheChrisTBH
08-11-2017, 11:39 PM
Is it really worth spending your vacation days on playing a game? Even if it's just one. I wouldn't want to play the game all day. Heck, after just an hour or so of Stick of Truth I get kinda bored. Then again, that's on my replays. I don't remember how my first time was. Still, I plan to make this last a bit so I don't want to overplay it right away. Fortunately since I go to school, I get autumn break. UNfortunately, it begins October 30th... 2 weeks after release. I imagine if I can play a little throughout the first few days I can play like crazy during break. I want this playthrough to be perfect and I have yet to decide how I'm gonna play. Was thinking of waiting until Friday the 20th to start it, and then only play on the weekends until break. Mainly cause I hate playing knowing that I need to get to bed in time and stress. Not only that, but I don't have my own room so and my mom is kind of a clean freak so, yeah, I can't play it in peace if I get home by 4 cause that's when she's basically clean manic. On the weekends she does the cleaning in the morning or not at all so the afternoons/nights are peaceful and hardly anyone is in the room I play in. Otherwise the whole family is in there cleaning, my sister getting her clothes (the whole family's drawers are in there) my other sister playing with toys etc... It's very often they start talking to me in the middle of a ******* cutscene when they can clearly see that I'm trying to listen... Don't want that this time. But yeah, on the weekends it's peaceful and hardly anyone is in there but me.

That was a little pointless story about my living situation but hey, it's something to post. There's not a lot more to discuss until we get more information. Lol I suppose this makes me look like some edgy kid complaining about his parents but this really does suck. Plus I'm nearly 18. Will be by the time this is out.

Grymmstrife
08-12-2017, 05:41 AM
I usually get one of those days off every week so it won't be too much if I ask for them back to back. If I do it far enough in advance I know they'll give them to me and I won't lose anything on my check.

Grymmstrife
08-13-2017, 03:10 PM
9 days until Gamescom and hopefully more info. Stay Hyped.